Just Had About Three Whole Durian

swallowtail1

I just hope you haven't been drinking alcohol prior to eating it. As a matter of fact, if you drink alcohol now, you may be in BIG trouble.

Alcohol + durian = hospital (if you don't die in the meantime).

Eating durian + hot weather + drinking cold drinks (perhaps especially beer) = NOT good for you at all.

That's what Thai folks seem to say.

Please DONT!!! eat any more durian, you should NEVER had eaten that much son.

Please go to hospital now and get help. I ate 2 once and had creamy poohs all night and they stunk the whole room out. I felt like such a fool for pigging out on 2. With 3 inside your gut you need help now my friend. Please LOG OFF and go NOW.

Please DONT!!! eat any more durian, you should NEVER had eaten that much son.

Please go to hospital now and get help. I ate 2 once and had creamy poohs all night and they stunk the whole room out. I felt like such a fool for pigging out on 2. With 3 inside your gut you need help now my friend. Please LOG OFF and go NOW.

This post deserves 3 :):D :D

Yes mangosteen...they are like the anti-durian.

Durian is hot thats why your belly is burning up. Mangosteen has cooling properties, so eat at least a couple of kilos to rebalance your system!!!!.

Ying and Yang man, Ying and Yang!!!!!! The balance must be maintained!!!

when you say "whole durian" did you eat the inner creamy fruit only or did you eat the entire durian including the spikey skin? If you ate the spikes i would log off and get to a pharmacy such as Boots or Watsons first thing tomorrow morning, assuming you live through the night. God Bless u and don't eat any durian for the next 24 hours. God Bless You!

definatelfy don't drink any alcohol. get hold of the shell put plain water inside swill it arount the segmented sections than drink the water. I have been eating durians for 37 years and this trick works for me and it should cool you down. you will still pass smelly wind all night but after a good evacuation you should be fine

Ok just arrived at the hospital, had to stop five or six times to unload the durian <deleted> from my pants.

Feeling rather nauseous and mentally drained.

Have to go now doctor is here.

Hope i have enough time left to post a Thai visa newsflash.

Posted 2 minutes ago via Thai Visa for BlackBerry

Durian is a warming food. It actually does raise the body temperature. That is a fact. Three whole durians is way too much durian. Of course, they vary in size. I have eaten as much as one medium sized durian and can't imagine being able to eat more than that in one sitting as it is so rich (and I am a hearty eater). If you really are feeling ill, of course seek medical help. Of course, for normal situations eating cooling fruits such as mangosteen could help, but three durians doesn't sound normal. I think you can kill yourself drining too much water, or too much anything!

Addendum, just read your update. Happy to hear you are getting medical help.

Edited by Jingthing

Ok just arrived at the hospital, had to stop five or six times to unload the durian <deleted> from my pants.

There is a special name for this...it's 'Shurian' or 'Durt'. Up to you. :D

By the way, there is nothing a Thai Dr can do for you because they prescribe antibiotics for everything, which you should not take.

Good luck & what a great troll post :)

my good lady wife says "if you a big fatty or high blood pressure maybe you gunna die, ; dont drink any alchohol"

best og luck,

if you dont update i'll assume that you are dead already

I heard of the dangers on many occasions mainly from ethnic Chinese SE Asians…..the usual heat food/cooling food nonsense with no medical evidence to back it up……one chap went so far as to suggest that brandy combined with durian was a sure fire death sentence……I obliged and ate 2 durians and drank half a bottle of brandy…… can someone tell me if I am in heaven now or is this hel_l? :)

Durian Overdose....

I ate durians with beer many time - nothing bad happened...

Some Thais say you should never drink whisky together with chocolate otherwise die. I think it's not true.

Feel a bit scared now people die, better get to hospital just in case.

:)

Eat some mangosteen... that should do the trick!

Yup, mangosteen, or as they say here, manchut, is the solution to your problem. I have been to durian parties in Malaysia where I have eaten considerably more than 3 durians and experienced getting durain-drunk. This is, however, nothing but feeling full and dozed to the point where you cant move a limb other than the one required to flick the switch on the remote control from the sofa.

104 and D2 are my favorites. :D

Edited by Forethat

Through personal experience, I fully believe that eating durian raises body temperature. I am having trouble finding a scientific link about that, but I still believe it. The mixing with booze part of it killing you, I am skeptical about that.