Do You Still Love Thailand ?

lovelybear

Of course I still want to live here I love it here.So what if it has a small internal problem, all that is happening has nothing to do with foreigners so why fear anything.Also I have had a good life if it ends here it ends here.

Yes.

I like Thailand..i don't love it, I certainly prefer living here than I do back in the UK, and unless kicked out or driven out I don't think I will be going anywhere else.

If Thaksin comes back he may well kick us Brits out as we kicked his ass out of the UK...we'll just have to wait and see

Yes.

I like Thailand..i don't love it, I certainly prefer living here than I do back in the UK, and unless kicked out or driven out I don't think I will be going anywhere else.

If Thaksin comes back he may well kick us Brits out as we kicked his ass out of the UK...we'll just have to wait and see

Valid point - he is of that mindset that he would probably bare such a grudge. I loathe the man for his rants and raves and the way he stirs up his supporters.

Do you really think if the Reds get what they want, he would once again rule the country or would another high ranking red be appointed the post? His health (Thakin's), and his mental fitness surely cannot bode well for the Kingdom, and being as what has been said by them about the Royal family and the Thai peoples love of them, surely this is a paradox in itself?

Yes.

Thailand has been in a serious decline for the past ten years.

Lots of "smart" expats left a long time ago.

Many wear very thick rose-colored glasses...........nothing will alter their mental myth about what Thailand is like.

Many would love to leave but are stuck here for various reasons..........probably the most important reasons: 1) not enough money to leave, 2) too many commitments inside Thailand (e.g., they work here), 3) they still have not found an alternative.

It was, however, a good alternative to my home country about 10-25 years ago.

Now corruption and ignorance have destroyed what was good about it.

It will not come back any time soon..............other countries in the region will continue to grow and draw an increasing number of disgruntled expats.

I actually do not really like to live in Thailand, and never did.

I would much prefer to live in the South of France, or in California, or in Spain, or in Italy....

Or in Japan actually.

But well, you get used to it... :D

Taking Japan out of the equation, you are so right. :)

earn dosh over "ere ...spend it there..... :)

got a swimming pool to finish and still have to buy the lights.....want LEDs but a bit peng....might have to compromise..

have worked and lived in fun places ...Vietnam-Cambodia-Laos-Saudi-Iraq-Nigeria-Sierra Leone -Iran-Algeria...plus others and find T-land ..... OK...but??...sera sera...

Many wear very thick rose-colored glasses...........nothing will alter their mental myth about what Thailand is like.

Many would love to leave but are stuck here for various reasons..........probably the most important reasons: 1) not enough money to leave, 2) too many commitments inside Thailand (e.g., they work here), 3) they still have not found an alternative.

It will not come back any time soon..............other countries in the region will continue to grow and draw an increasing number of disgruntled expats.

Thailand is much better now than 20 years ago. The place was full of nothing but farang loonies and there was much more corruption back then. There was little entertainment and decent goods for foreigners and the non-Thai food was mostly terrible.

All the biggest nuts, child molesters and druggies have moved to Cambodia because they can get away with more there, if that is what you mean by "smart" expats. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Do You Still Love Thailand ?

I do not "love pieces of dirt". However, I am able to "love" certain things about people.

To me, the world is my home...not a piece of dirt within it. If the people here become "less friendly", I shall move.

Thailand is much better now than 20 years ago. The place was full of nothing but farang loonies and there was much more corruption back then. There was little entertainment and decent goods for foreigners and the non-Thai food was mostly terrible.

All the biggest nuts, child molesters and druggies have moved to Cambodia because they can get away with more there, if that is what you mean by "smart" expats. :)

Good post

What a load of crap!

You are a buffoon. Go away or at least reply in a way that indicates that you have more than one active braincell.

I'm not leaving , I still love it here.Amazing how many posts about how people don't like it here.

What are you doing here ? Don't be stupid , go now , there's agreat excuse !

bye bye.

was wondering the same thing.........

Me too, if you are not happy here. Why the hel_l are you still here?

Me? I love it and I am not going anywhere.

There are some people who don't have many choices. They hate to be here but can't go anywhere else

because of several reasons.

Me too, if you are not happy here. Why the hel_l are you still here?

Me? I love it and I am not going anywhere.

There are some people who don't have many choices. They hate to be here but can't go anywhere else

because of several reasons.

I need to know what those reasons are.

Well I wouldn't stay somewhere I really hated to be, which is what comes across from many posters here. I hated living in my home country and despite having a family, a beautiful home, great job, nice car, all the creature comforts of Western living this still wasn't enough to make me move away, so what in heavens name is so important to keep you somewhere you absolutely detest. You only live once, this is not a rehearsal it's the real deal so enjoy it and if you're not enjoying it, change it....

its great, but mostly because of what you make of your time here. I'm amused by the people that dont like it and are still here (amazing) :) . all in all what else could you want. great food, interesting and diverse country going through some difficult times, mostly great people, good infrastructure, culture etc etc

All the biggest nuts, child molesters and druggies have moved to Cambodia because they can get away with more there, if that is what you mean by "smart" expats. :D

Good post

Thailand is much better now than 20 years ago

agree......although been/visiting Thailand since the 70s-80 s I first hit CM about 20 years ago and it was not up to much but was still a nice place .

Used to stay in the Downtown... :D

Had a mate with a bar in CR ..Jetyod Rd and oop there was even more desolate but again still a nice wee town.....Bunbundang H :D

Always remember how dusty the roads were and the road to Mai sai was a single...Koff Koff....NO draft beer eithe and Air Con was a lucky dip.......... :) ....but sabai sabai...

Very sensible, well said. Couldn't agree more, Mr. Ulysses.

LOS will always be better than the over regulated overly expensive PC nanny state that I call "home".

Saddest day of my life will be when the money runs out and I have to go back.

Definition of PC (Political Correctness) -

“Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.”