Boy George To Perform In Pattaya

sabaijai

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

News flash: Lady Gaga ain't coming here!

Great news. :)

Neither is ANY A list celeb. Or B list celeb. Or C list celeb. Or most D list celebs.

Not to perform anyway :D although there have been some celebs here.

didnt judge jules play here not so long ago?

Well done to Lima Lima for attracting such a huge international star to Pattaya. At least they are doing something to revive Pattaya in these troubled times.

I wouldn't say huge but he's certainly put on a bit of weight,

On the other hand, his parents were Irish so I hope his gig is a success.

post-70418-1273924578_thumb.jpg

Well done to Lima Lima for attracting such a huge international star to Pattaya. At least they are doing something to revive Pattaya in these troubled times.

I wouldn't say huge but he's certainly put on a bit of weight,

On the other hand, his parents were Irish so I hope his gig is a success.

Come on...! Are you joking, or what??

That's Boy George now?? Sheesh, what a transformation!! But, I guess itz true (I googled him)... Good luck, Boy George; and a big Hello-Welcome to Pattaya!!

post-72929-1273932679_thumb.jpg

I had to google Lima Lima Club to find the location. Obviously, I am not part of the in crowd. Anyway, it is located on the first floor of the Bali Hai Plaza which I presume means under Mixx. I hope it is a good show with a good sized crowd.

TheWalkingMan

News flash: Lady Gaga ain't coming here!

That is too bad. I would go to see her.

I can't see the point of paying big money to see someone lip-sync. In NZ recently she fainted while performing and the tape just kept on rolling.

He is a prize <deleted> but had a great voice. To me ,to go or not would depend on the price of the tickets and the price of the drinks - there is a point where it is just not worth it.

although im not one of his biggest fans.

apart from being a member of culture club and then going it alone. boy george has made a name for himself on the club scene d.jaying on both sides of the atlantic and all over the world.

along with many other british based d.js hes been part of the ibiza scene and i wouldnt be surprised if he hasnt already done a couple of stints in the well known clubs in bangkok. like many others before him, he plys his so called trade where ever theres the promoters to put the money up front for him to perform. whether it be his stage act or when hes spinning the vinyl.

I was at a party back in the early 90's with many "faces" from the past acid house scene in a small disused office block in East London. It was about 3 in the morning and the party was in full swing and Boy George had just released "Generations Of Love" and was a big hit in the underground dance scene.

The DJ slowed the tune that was playing down and put Generations of Love on to an ecstatic crowd, after a few seconds of the intro playing he pulled the needle and said "this ones got to start again" so the intro was played again, the DJ then came around from the decks and danced with the crowd, it was absolutely electric it even gives me goosebumps now thinking about it 20 years later, fantastic memories!

Good on Pattaya for doing something positive he might be getting on a bit now but so what.

Top Tune

I was at a party back in the early 90's with many "faces" from the past acid house scene in a small disused office block in East London. It was about 3 in the morning and the party was in full swing and Boy George had just released "Generations Of Love" and was a big hit in the underground dance scene.

The DJ slowed the tune that was playing down and put Generations of Love on to an ecstatic crowd, after a few seconds of the intro playing he pulled the needle and said "this ones got to start again" so the intro was played again, the DJ then came around from the decks and danced with the crowd, it was absolutely electric it even gives me goosebumps now thinking about it 20 years later, fantastic memories!

Good on Pattaya for doing something positive he might be getting on a bit now but so what.

Top Tune

You mean... You didn't get sober for 20 years or so? Still on that high? Wow...

You don't have any good memories of parties when you was younger? that's a pity, I have a head full, money cant buy them.

I partied hard from my early teens to mid twenties 88-95 the UK was buzzing with a new generation of youngsters that was tired of what Thatcher had done to the UK so rebelled, very much like our parents who rebelled back in the early 60's and the Mods and Rockers. My father in his 60's now still to this day occasionally talks about "special moments" when he was riding his Lambretta around London looking for parties with is mates.

Believe it or not, the parties I went to water was the main drink consumed they used to turn the water off in the toilets so you couldn't drink for free and charged a pound a bottle! quite a bit back then.

You don't have any good memories of parties when you was younger? that's a pity, I have a head full, money cant buy them.

I partied hard from my early teens to mid twenties 88-95 the UK was buzzing with a new generation of youngsters that was tired of what Thatcher had done to the UK so rebelled, very much like our parents who rebelled back in the early 60's and the Mods and Rockers. My father in his 60's now still to this day occasionally talks about "special moments" when he was riding his Lambretta around London looking for parties with is mates.

Believe it or not, the parties I went to water was the main drink consumed they used to turn the water off in the toilets so you couldn't drink for free and charged a pound a bottle! quite a bit back then.

I do have good memories of parties and shows, and I have more in my head than I can think of, such as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Queen, Black Sabbath, etc... and much more (including other softies like Neil Young, Santana and Joe Cocker). Obviously we do not have the same taste music-wise and we do not come from the same place. Sober or not, straight or high, being up all night queing to buy tickets or have them free to my doorsteps, I did it all.

All that I can significantly remember about Boy George is when my younger sister came back home one day, half of her head shaved, and the other half painted blue, and the tattoo on her breast. She was in love with Boy George.

Was he popular? Yes. Did he influence the youth? Yes. Is he still talked about? Yes. Has he contributed to the music and art in general? Not so sure...

I do have good memories of parties and shows, and I have more in my head than I can think of, such as Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Ozzy, Queen, Black Sabbath, etc... and much more (including other softies like Neil Young, Santana and Joe Cocker). Obviously we do not have the same taste music-wise and we do not come from the same place. Sober or not, straight or high, being up all night queing to buy tickets or have them free to my doorsteps, I did it all.

All that I can significantly remember about Boy George is when my younger sister came back home one day, half of her head shaved, and the other half painted blue, and the tattoo on her breast. She was in love with Boy George.

Was he popular? Yes. Did he influence the youth? Yes. Is he still talked about? Yes. Has he contributed to the music and art in general? Not so sure...

what you mean to say that after quoting all those artists, youve never heard of "kasabian"?

Edited by tigerfish

Fair enough comment sir, just quickly without totally de-railing the thread Queen was the bottom of my list when I was younger for a band I would of wanted to go and watch.... i was looking at Freddie's performance the other night at the Live Aid concert '85 on youtube, my goodness what a performer and very sad loss for the music industry and a talent irreplaceable I wish I was there to of seen that, funny how your taste in music changes as you get older.

Just to put in my two pence worth before the thread goes of the rails.

Seems like there are a lot of bigots around, everyone should live and let live for goodness sake.

Under normal circumstances I would fully agree with you..........but not in this case.

His performance and even his presence, just fans the flames of Pattaya only existing as a perverts paradise. He is a convicted felon for perversion and why should we as a society welcome someone for a one night stand who's performance will benefit very few but leave the rest of us open to the usual $%^&% from the bashers who find it hard to have something concrete to say against the fair Patters these days, so why help them ?

Next it will be the Gary Glitter come back tour...............

Nothing to do with homophobia, I would object in the same fashion and on the same grounds to a lecture tour by convicted Balkan War mass murderers.

what you mean to say that after quoting all those artists, youve never heard of "kasabian"?

Kasabian? I just googled that name and it seems to be a music group. Never heard of that name before however I might listen to their most popular songs if given a chance. I'm not close minded; I like what I like and I dislike what I dislike, same as all of us.