More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Thai army snipers in action

If that are snipers, you better go back to K-1 you Mo##@n

Are you blind you can clearly see a sniper with scopes taking pot shots maybe he was the one who killed that poor 10 year old yesterday

COLD BLOODED MURDER the Thai Goverment should be ashamed

At least the world is seeing the thai goverment for what they are MURDERERS

Hmmmm

You cannot see a sniper. You CAN see an armed member of the military. You CANNOT see someone taking "potshots". You CAN see him discharging his weapon. You CANNOT see Murder. In fact, you cannot see anyone even being wounded.

You attempt to use an emotional subject (a 10 year old being shot) while we do not know exactly how the child was wounded we DO know there were no reports of him being targetted. There were reports of the military firing on a van that contained a drunk redshirt that was charging a military position. FOUL. in fact that type of sensationalism is worthy of FOX and nothing else.

I have been reading most of what I can find out there in the world news and it doesn't paint the government as "MURDERERS" In fact the only people saying that in the press are Reds that are being quoted.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't worry about farang cravings. he watches one video and talks aobut one controversial unrelated topic to the video. he knows nothing about the facts and hasn't seen the ENORMOUS amount of reds causing mayhem.

moral to the story: don't listen to your thaksin-supporting bar girl "girlfriend" while living up north away from BKK.

My wife actually HATES THAKSIN with a passion and also hates the red shirts

You can clearly see what is happening on CNN BBC etc good reporting with very clear pcitures of thai military hiding behind wall under NO THREAT emptying there clips

Plain for the world to see and then pictures of dead civilians and kids

"We are told by @thaicam that fresh supplies of water & ice being brought into Ratchaprasong now. /via @RichardBarrow"

Can someone explain how this is possible? They suddenly invented portal-technology?

THE NATION: RT @rrystrom:My mother-in-law said pppl wanted 2 bring home their children&old ppl from rajprasong yday but was refused 2leave by r-guards..

Exactly as I have predicted and written before. This is a hostage situation.

Entirely believable based on previous reports of shockingly thuggish red shirt behavior. Also, truly sickening. Just like Al Queada, using innocents as shields and their deaths as propaganda.

Because he got shot by somebody that WE DONT KNOW. Enough with the kid's death? If you have any proof I would gladly see it. But you don't. Just keep pulling stuff out of your arse and try to sell it as facts.

this has all been covered, you'll have to go back 20 pages or so to find it.

van was driven by (possible drunk, smell of alcohol) man attempting to run military checkpoint.

he was attempting to get into the protest area.

he failed to stop as ordered, he failed to respond to warning shots. he failed to stop when the

soldiers shot at the tires. he stopped when they shot into the vehicle.

unfortunately, a 10yo bystander was accidentally shot. the boy was not targeted.

THE NATION: RT @rrystrom:My mother-in-law said pppl wanted 2 bring home their children&old ppl from rajprasong yday but was refused 2leave by r-guards..

Exactly as I have predicted and written before. This is a hostage situation.

I certainly hope these groups will succeed and not be attacked or shot at. Take out the innocent ones, and what will remain are the ones who want and instigate bloodshed.

The Nation: CRES plans to enlist private organisations' help to take kids/women/old ppl out of rajprasong, starting 3 pm

"We are told by @thaicam that fresh supplies of water & ice being brought into Ratchaprasong now. /via @RichardBarrow"

Can someone explain how this is possible? They suddenly invented portal-technology?

many small sois to scamper through, but wont b able to keep thousands supplied for long. the writings on the wall, this last sad spasm of violence is only turning more people against them

Because he got shot by somebody that WE DONT KNOW. Enough with the kid's death? If you have any proof I would gladly see it. But you don't. Just keep pulling stuff out of your arse and try to sell it as facts.

this has all been covered, you'll have to go back 20 pages or so to find it.

van was driven by (possible drunk, smell of alcohol) man attempting to run military checkpoint.

he was attempting to get into the protest area.

he failed to stop as ordered, he failed to respond to warning shots. he failed to stop when the

soldiers shot at the tires. he stopped when they shot into the vehicle.

unfortunately, a 10yo bystander was accidentally shot. the boy was not targeted.

oh ok my bad.

Quite true the Reds have created an illegal militia and are using it to try and bring down the government.

This is of course unacceptable. And the level of force they have is beyond the powers of police to control.

That the PTP opposition party is check and jowl with the red leaders, and sharing stages while the most

virulent lies being told. This shows they are utterly compromised and incapable of legitimate governance.

They have shot off both feet up to the knees.

18+ months ago...

Quite true the Yellows have created an illegal militia and are using it to try and bring down the government.

This is of course unacceptable. And the level of force they have is beyond the powers of police to control.

That the Democrat opposition party is check and jowl with the yellow leaders, and sharing stages while the most

virulent lies being told. This shows they are utterly compromised and incapable of legitimate governance.

They have shot off both feet up to the knees.

Edited by Oberkommando

I have NO DOUBT that the military will win with there muderous tactics however I dont think this will go away it will turn out like it is in the south with the Muslims it will become a guerilla war with bombs and attacks if teh PM does not hold elections.

They will just go underground and continue the fight using guerilla tactics.

The only way is to hold elections ASAP

The troops are trying to contain the protest, and haven't moved into the area where women and children are being held. Those fighting with the army on the perimeter are putting themselves at risk. If they were peacefully sitting at Rajasaprong they would have no fear of being shot. Due to their actions they cannot truly be classified as civilans, they are combatants.

The protest was contained. I agree that the idiots who got out there and face and shout at the soldiers are hardly innocent victims although I suspect it is not really a fair fight between a moron and a trained and well armed soldier. I agree they are not civilians but mostly they hardly look like combatants.

I just do not see why a trained military force cannot close this protest down which is exactly what they been brought in to do. The military are not there to supervise a peaceful demonstration. They are there to get the demonstrators to either leave or be arrested. The military have no intention of shooting anyone but unfortunately I suspect there will be some casualties but people have been forewarned. It has been made very clear that the protest is going to end. Professional soldiers are not going to end it by shooting at women and children.

It is just illogical thinking to guess that the reds will just simply go home now and it will be fine.

Too many people have been assassinated by orders of the Thai Elite.

The people on all sides have either seen it or will see it as the media stuff we see trickles out to the Thai population.

They will see the few of Thai army snipers shooting down unarmed Thai civilians.

They will see over and over the few of the Thai General being shot in the head by another of the regime's assassins.

NO NO NO--the fight is not over.

This fight is going to go on and on and on.

All the reds lack now is the understanding of what must be done now.

They must answer violence with violence.

They must follow assassinations with assassinations of those on the other side.

If need be, they must take to asking for help from outside.

They must tell their young in the military to come fight wearing black.

I do not think it will take 5 years or 3.

This fight will end in a bloody French like revolution unless the idiots on the elite side wise up.

There is NO chance of that so the Battle of Bangkok has likely begun.

Banks will be attacked and burned down.

The airport will be wrecked and closed down.

This place will end up looking like Beirut after its war.

War is hel_l and Bangkok is now where Satin is partying.

so long as the army keeps it together, which i think it will, there will be no civil war; maybe a prolonged terrostist campaign of bombings like that which we've had the last 2 months, this will only strengthen opposition of the general populase and isolate the reds futher. just a shame these greedy fools a prepared to wreck their own countrys ecconomy for no good reason. well industry will likely continue, but tourism will be dessimated, farmers would continue to be poor no matter what system of government was in place, suficiency farming and dhama would be a more likely to lead to happiness

when all the elite lose there heads on madam giloteen

I simply do not understand what the military are doing.

They are a trained military force. Surely they can achieve a strategic objective against a rabble.

They have made no attempt to close down the protest and seem to be playing deadly games with the more ignorant and aggressive but probably not well armed protestors on the edge of their encampment. Is the idea to starve them to death?

If you insist on shooting Thais at least achieve something.

I am beginning to wonder if someone isnt playing a game with peoples lives..

We know the Rabid Red leadership would happily let their supporters bleed for media exposure.. But the weakness of the army, the total lack of APC's and tanks, the lack of water cannons, the weakness in giving back already won ground. The whole basic premise of 'just set up sandbags and take pot shots' at Thais.. Surely they are not so lacking in leadership and abilities.

All this makes me wonder.. Are there other hidden forces, within the military side, who benefit from this situation escalating / continueing ?? Who benefit from lives lost on all sides ??

Do I just second guess everything too much.

To "farangCravings" If the word 'MURDER' fits into this picture at all, it describes the red-shirt leaders......... They have through their own selfish goals, led all their followers over the cliff............ CHEW ON THAT FOR A WHILE.................

I only see Civilians DEAD not armed red shirt even a 10 year old boy shot by the military

Hmmmm pretty clear

Link to the video showing the military shooting the boy please. If no link :)

Do you notice Wayne Hay is wearing a bullet proof vest and a helment.

The journalist shot yesterday was wearing jeans and a black shirt, and was running between the reds and army shooting each other. Idiot.

It is now part of the job of the security forces to shot at journalists who are not wearing "a bullet proof vest and a helment[sic]"?

The Apologists of this violent crackdown becoming more and more pathetic.

Would you say to him face to face that he is an idiot or are just anotheranonymous hiding behind his keyboard seeding hate?

where is he? i will go and tell him.......

What Rand says :"I don't care who fired bullet, I put myself in that situation, nobody should be blamed for that."

I just do not see why a trained military force cannot close this protest down which is exactly what they been brought in to do.

The flesh is willing but the will is weak I suspect.

They have so far failed at both attempts to contain the protests, on April 10th and over this weekend.

Professional soldiers are not going to end it by shooting at women and children.

The Thai army is a conscript force, not a professional army, and it is showing that clearly here.

They are a trained military force. Surely they can achieve a strategic objective against a rabble.

They have made no attempt to close down the protest and seem to be playing deadly games with the more ignorant and aggressive but probably not well armed protestors on the edge of their encampment. Is the idea to starve them to death?

We know the Rabid Red leadership would happily let their supporters bleed for media exposure.. But the weakness of the army, the total lack of APC's and tanks, the lack of water cannons, the weakness in giving back already won ground. The whole basic premise of 'just set up sandbags and take pot shots' at Thais.. Surely they are not so lacking in leadership and abilities.

All this makes me wonder.. Are there other hidden forces, within the military side, who benefit from this situation escalating / continueing ?? Who benefit from lives lost on all sides ??

FINALLY someone that is seeing what i see

Are they trained? Some large military bases here in Chiang Mai. I have never seen a soldier do any sort of training here save for gardening acivities.

Thai army snipers in action

If that are snipers, you better go back to K-1 you Mo##@n

Are you blind you can clearly see a sniper with scopes taking pot shots maybe he was the one who killed that poor 10 year old yesterday

COLD BLOODED MURDER the Thai Goverment should be ashamed

At least the world is seeing the thai goverment for what they are MURDERERS

You are both blind and seeing things that are not there.

There is NO snipers in this clip.

There are some soldiers that fire their shotguns with rubber bullets and then later a marksman using his scoped M-16. NOT a sniper.

And there is NO EVIDENCE or even fantasies that the 10 year old boy was aimed upon or any other child for that matter.

You are truly a sad piece of work.

You didn't happen to be on stage yesterday?

What do you see from 53 on ??

Or are you going to dispute 'sniper' for military sharp shooter now ??

I am in Bangkok and have been throughout these protests. For people outside the country looking in it is difficult to understand the situation. It is easy to sympathize with poor people protesting for a better life. That is not the case here in Bangkok. Poor people have been paid to protest and are being used as human shields to protect militants in the Red movement. These protests are controlled by former PM Thaksin in an effort to overthrow the current government which is legitimate and elected. Perhaps more so than the former PPP government which was disbanded due to electoral fraud.

I am dismayed to see the foreign press portraying the victims of the current voilence as civilians. It is true that they have taken off their red uniforms but within the protesters there are armed terrorists fighting a guerilla style war. They are not civilians in the true sense. Everyone in Bangkok understands which streets are currently restricted by the security forces. The only reason protesters venture into those areas is to attack the soldiers. Using slingshots, M79 grenades, moltov cocktails, guns, and other weapons they are fighting with the army. If they were not attempting to breach the government barricades they would not be in immediate danger.

Journalists have been injured, they are going into dangerous areas and are difficult to discern from the Red fighters who have no uniform. Shooting journalists intentionally and blaming the army would certainly be in the protesters interests to bring international condemnation. Journalists in the area are often under the protection of the army, and should use their own judgement as to whether it is safe to enter areas with gun battles ongoing.

Last night with 2km of my home well outside the protest zone there was a grenade attack at the Bangkok Bank at Khae Rai, there is a secondary protest at the Thaicom offices less than one km from this attack. Even outside the downtown there is danger for the true civilians of Bangkok, and that danger will not diminish until the protests end.

The leaders of the Red protest can at any time order the end of the protest and allow the people to return to their homes. This would be followed immediately by a ceasefire from the army. As long as they remain calling for the violent overthrow of the government people are in danger. Criminals should put their arms down first, not the police.

Well Said. I just finished explaining the situation to a friend back in Canada. They aren't getting the real story back there.

I could have just cut and pasted your explanation instead. :)

Chingachgook couldn't have said it better!

I have NO DOUBT that the military will win with there muderous tactics however I dont think this will go away it will turn out like it is in the south with the Muslims it will become a guerilla war with bombs and attacks if teh PM does not hold elections.

Personally I think you underestimate the PM or possibly confuse him with the incompetent military.

If he survives in power I think he will rapidly call elections. As you say it is the only sensible way. He withdrew his offer of an early election solely on the basis it was conditional on the protestors ending their protest. He made that offer (which in some ways made him look weak) so that he was in a strong position to act if it was refused. When the Reds go back he will offer them an election again and my guess is that he will win.

Abhisit is a very smart guy. Whether he can actually survive this whole farce and remain PM is anyone's guess.

please give us an example of a country who would be more tolerate of violent citizens please? Get your facts straight and also watch all the EASY TO ACCESS videos of the reds hurting the nurses assisting, beating soldiers with no guns to within an inch of their lives after being pulled from their cars.

How would new elections help? you really think that would change everything and satisfy everyone? then the yellows will protest and want another election. if you bow down to these thugs, you set the example that violence is a means to get what you want. is that what you want?

I am in Bangkok and have been throughout these protests. For people outside the country looking in it is difficult to understand the situation. It is easy to sympathize with poor people protesting for a better life. That is not the case here in Bangkok. Poor people have been paid to protest and are being used as human shields to protect militants in the Red movement. These protests are controlled by former PM Thaksin in an effort to overthrow the current government which is legitimate and elected. Perhaps more so than the former PPP government which was disbanded due to electoral fraud.

I am dismayed to see the foreign press portraying the victims of the current voilence as civilians. It is true that they have taken off their red uniforms but within the protesters there are armed terrorists fighting a guerilla style war. They are not civilians in the true sense. Everyone in Bangkok understands which streets are currently restricted by the security forces. The only reason protesters venture into those areas is to attack the soldiers. Using slingshots, M79 grenades, moltov cocktails, guns, and other weapons they are fighting with the army. If they were not attempting to breach the government barricades they would not be in immediate danger.

Journalists have been injured, they are going into dangerous areas and are difficult to discern from the Red fighters who have no uniform. Shooting journalists intentionally and blaming the army would certainly be in the protesters interests to bring international condemnation. Journalists in the area are often under the protection of the army, and should use their own judgement as to whether it is safe to enter areas with gun battles ongoing.

Last night with 2km of my home well outside the protest zone there was a grenade attack at the Bangkok Bank at Khae Rai, there is a secondary protest at the Thaicom offices less than one km from this attack. Even outside the downtown there is danger for the true civilians of Bangkok, and that danger will not diminish until the protests end.

The leaders of the Red protest can at any time order the end of the protest and allow the people to return to their homes. This would be followed immediately by a ceasefire from the army. As long as they remain calling for the violent overthrow of the government people are in danger. Criminals should put their arms down first, not the police.

Well Said. I just finished explaining the situation to a friend back in Canada. They aren't getting the real story back there.

I could have just cut and pasted your explanation instead. :)

Chingachgook couldn't have said it better!

ABSOLUTE SHIIIIIT legally elected by who ? NOT THE PEOPLE

The real world is getting a very fair view of whats happening a CLEAR PICTURE of the military firing on unarmed civilians they even get to see the leader of the reds Assasinated by the goverment while being interviewed by NY times

I think they are getting a very accurate picture

it is not really a fair fight between a moron and a trained and well armed soldier.

They are both Thai, probably from the same village, the only difference is one is uniformed and better armed.

If you were in the red camp and there was a guy with a gun outside

the red camp, would you go out with no weapons and badger him?

I doubt you would, why are they confronting the army when they have

no weapons, my guess is a death wish, their actions show a lack of

common sense.

and when they loose?

Are they trained? Some large military bases here in Chiang Mai. I have never seen a soldier do any sort of training here save for gardening acivities.

That would be the base with the 27 hole golf course, much like the one in Khon Kaen that is currently upgrading their facilities to 18 holes and carts. Thank god our tax money is spent for such well planned requirements. And they say they have no money for equipment.