More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

I am so very baffled that the below showed up in the Thai Visa news thread today ...

Today, 2010-05-17 08:59:45 Post #30

Group: Admin

Member No.: 327

Thaivisa Member:

Yesterday afternoon and evening my wife and me spent quite some time in our neighborhood (Rajprasong) and we talked to at least a hundred different people down there. We don't see even the slightest hint that anyone might be forced to stay here. We heard the leaders calling several times onto the protesters first that women and children can go to the temple compounds nearby and anyone willing to leave can do so. However we met not even one person ready to leave. All we met were determined to go through it whatever happens. It is certainly not only the comradeship that keeps them here it is the absolute 100% firm conviction that they are fighting for the right cause.

Look at the pictures I took yesterday late afternoon:

Do these people look like they are forced to stay against their own will? I don't think so.

How in the world can this be considered news or from any kind of credible news source? It also is completely unnamed source ... not even a Twitter ID.

Plus lets use some common sense ... Do you really believe he spoke to over 100 people?

Have you ever heard a mall need to announce people are free to leave?

He shows a picture of a beggar as representative of the folks in the red shirt mob but this contradicts ever news source (international and otherwise) who have shown us live video and also contradicts the eyes of the people who have been there.

I am just amazed they Thai Visa has decided to call something a news thread that is CLEARLY no longer a news thread and really stopped being one when they started posting blurbs from Twitter accounts of unvetted sources.

But I do have to add that Thai Visa has been great (previously) in providing updates and this was such a valuable service they offered until they post things like this (insanely biased) which may actually encourage people to visit the area and get killed. But the point is, I do appreciate ThaiVisa but putting this in the news thread not only defies logic but is reckless and causes the news thread to lose all credibility in terms of believing they are even trying to report facts.

Seconded !

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very baffled that the below showed up in the Thai Visa news thread today ...

Thaivisa Member:

Yesterday afternoon and evening my wife and me spent quite some time in our neighborhood (Rajprasong) and we talked to at least a hundred different people down there. We don't see even the slightest hint that anyone might be forced to stay here. We heard the leaders calling several times onto the protesters first that women and children can go to the temple compounds nearby and anyone willing to leave can do so. However we met not even one person ready to leave. All we met were determined to go through it whatever happens. It is certainly not only the comradeship that keeps them here it is the absolute 100% firm conviction that they are fighting for the right cause.

Do these people look like they are forced to stay against their own will? I don't think so.

How in the world can this be considered news or from any kind of credible news source? It also is completely unnamed source ... not even a Twitter ID.

Plus lets use some common sense ... Do you really believe he spoke to over 100 people?

He shows a picture of a beggar as representative of the folks in the red shirt mob but this contradicts ever news source (international and otherwise) who have shown us live video and also contradicts the eyes of the people who have been there.

I am just amazed they Thai Visa has decided to call something a news thread that is CLEARLY no longer a news thread and really stopped being one when they started posting blurbs from Twitter accounts of unvetted sources.

But I do have to add that Thai Visa has been great (previously) in providing updates and this was such a valuable service they offered until they post things like this (insanely biased) which may actually encourage people to visit the area and get killed. But the point is, I do appreciate ThaiVisa but putting this in the news thread not only defies logic but is reckless and causes the news thread to lose all credibility in terms of believing they are even trying to report facts.

this will be ********** reporting in

an unashamadly biased red sympathiser, claims to be ex forces, known to offer bodyguard services around the red site to curious farangs

last spotted with a kick boxing avater but now removed

you know who you are!!.....

The good news this morning, the killer, Sae Deng has died

maybe the red will declare 100 days of mourning and go back to Isaan to do it

"Please try and control yourselves and not make remarks in bad taste about other people dying. You are much better to say nothing at all than something spiteful. Irregardless of which side of the fence you sit on, please don't be disrespectful to the dead, its not funny, its not smart, it just shows you're lack of intellect." TV poster.

I fully agree.

I am getting a little sick and tired of the good people of Issan being blamed for the troubles in Bangkok. Yes, there are good and bad in all races, however putting a blanket over all the protestors being from Issan is just wrong.

I have walked through the troubled areas in BKK more than once and can tell you from my observations that the people come from the South,North,North East and Central.

In my observations of the protestors as posted before, you find most a just village thugs (village mafia) who are on the whole drunk or drugged. It will not be a lose if theres people are exterminated.

Squigy, you are correct, this is a congregation of Thailands thugs who are drawn to this like moths to light. Only there is a majority of them from Issan but I always said that even most of people from Issan are fat up with this <deleted> and want to see the government put an end to it.

Their leaders are also to blaime for this since they always talk about this being a peaceful demonstration by the poor Issan farmers etc.....

Well, hopefully it will be over by tomorrow

I am getting a little sick and tired of the good people of Issan being blamed for the troubles in Bangkok. Yes, there are good and bad in all races, however putting a blanket over all the protestors being from Issan is just wrong.

I have walked through the troubled areas in BKK more than once and can tell you from my observations that the people come from the South,North,North East and Central.

In my observations of the protestors as posted before, you find most a just village thugs (village mafia) who are on the whole drunk or drugged. It will not be a lose if theres people are exterminated.

thanks for the political correctness attempt, with all do respect there. but just remember that 2 weeks ago 5000 more supporters were on their way from KHON KAEN (Isaan). Many passed through. and there are about 6000 remaining? sounds like predominately Isaan, with a small percent of other areas.

Isaan has a population of over 20mn and when including the migrant population it gets very close to representing a "majority" of the people of Thailand by origin. Whilst support for the reds is reportedly wavering among some in Isaan, when push comes to shove I believe they will resoundingly vote for a "red" candidate.

If all the Isaan born people returned from Bangkok and the Eastern Seaboard, as they tend to at Songkran, Bangkok would be blessed with quiet roads, it is just that there would be no one to clean those roads.

Demographics

<snipped demographics>

Anyone pro-yellow should probably thank their lucky stars that Isaan doesn't have more MP's. As you can see, the Dems don't have much pull up there.

20 million is less than a third of the population, so that gives them less than a third of the MPs.

So even if every electorate in Isaan voted red, that would not give them anywhere near a majority.

The question that remains to be seen until elections are held in Dec 2011, is whether these protests will hinder or help the reds in other areas.

Dear other humans,

Please try and control yourselves and not make remarks in bad taste about other people dying. You are much better to say nothing at all than something spiteful. Irregardless of which side of the fence you sit on, please don't be disrespectful to the dead, its not funny, its not smart, it just shows you're lack of intellect.

Seconded... I have just deleted a number of this type of post... any more and the offending member will be suspended from the forum.

Be Warned.

Isaan has a population of over 20mn and when including the migrant population it gets very close to representing a "majority" of the people of Thailand by origin. Whilst support for the reds is reportedly wavering among some in Isaan, when push comes to shove I believe they will resoundingly vote for a "red" candidate.

If all the Isaan born people returned from Bangkok and the Eastern Seaboard, as they tend to at Songkran, Bangkok would be blessed with quiet roads, it is just that there would be no one to clean those roads.

Demographics

<snipped demographics>

Anyone pro-yellow should probably thank their lucky stars that Isaan doesn't have more MP's. As you can see, the Dems don't have much pull up there.

20 million is less than a third of the population, so that gives them less than a third of the MPs.

So even if every electorate in Isaan voted red, that would not give them anywhere near a majority.

The question that remains to be seen until elections are held in Dec 2011, is whether these protests will hinder or help the reds in other areas.

And don't forget, of those 20 million is a higher percentage of children than anywhere else in Thailand who can not vote .... unless the vote is rigged .... but the reds wouldn't do that .. would they now??? :)

Edited by BKjohn

Thaivisa Member:

Seconded !

Thirded!

anyone seen Veera lately? does it seem like a coincidence that the government after 2 months seem to suddenly know exactly which bank accounts to seize and freeze?

Good point. Nobody in power listens to me, but I had recommended that (follow the money) at least 7 weeks ago. It's no secret the demonstration is being funded by Thaksin and people close to the Shinawatre clan.

Change channels to the US War of Terrorism, for a moment: There is a US gov't organization who's main job is to trace funding for terrorism. They wind up putting pressure on businesses, rich individuals, front organizations and governments which (wittingly or unwittingly) enable the funding that terrorists need. US efforts in that regard are quite effective at hampering the money flow to terrorists.

Ok, back to Thailand's imbroglio: Yes, follow the money, and do so ruthlessly. I'd be surprised if there aren't a slew of charges of treason which emanate out of the recent riots. BTW, here's a title suggestion for the upcoming TV-documentary:

>>>> How the Red Shirts (who no longer wear red shirts) unwittingly Snatched Defeat from the Jaws of Victory <<<<<

I also predict the Reds and Puea Thai party will lose voter support. Unfortunately, we may never know for sure. The Reds, even when they do return to their homes, have shown they don't disdain violence in furthering their agenda. In other words, they'll openly harass (and possible injure or kill) any person who has the audacity to campaign for a Red opponent.

Let's have 3 cheers for the Yellows and Multi-Color Shirts - who have shown remarkable restraint in not organizing any demonstrations and not putting forth any interference with the recent problems in Bkk. Can anyone imagine the Reds showing such restraint if the tables were turned?

I see that the reds are unarmed as their leaders continually state.

post-6428-1274059206_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1274059224_thumb.jpg

I too wonder why CNN and BBC refuse to show this side as well.

These pistols are for shooting rats on the farm wont be accurate after 20 mtrs. I have been waiting 4 days for somebody to show me a link to reds with M16s.

It's a gun all the same and more than enough to provoke a response from the army. Which is what they are trying to do.

Thaivisa Member:

Seconded !

Thirded!

AGREE !! its red supporting drivel

MCOT Ch9: (09:20) Reporting that Seh Daeng has died early this morning

Urgent: It is confirmed: Seh Daeng Passed away at 09:20am this morning (Monday 17th May). /via TAN MCOT INN

MCOT: Maj-Gen Khattiya died at 9.20am at Vajira Hospital after being shot in the head on May 13

RIP

More violence to come now.

Why is it the government is not looking for the killer?

OH--because the government is the killer.

Read This:

QUOTE (timekeeper @ 2010-05-17 12:07:17) post_snapback.gifTHANONG:Nation 17 05 2010

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Yes.

QUESTION: Does the government have to first obtain permission from the court?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

QUESTION: Do I not have any right to resist or defend myself?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: Can the security forces execute me if I resist?

ANSWER: That depends on the nature of your resistance:

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

QUESTION: What if I throw stones or use slingshots?

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

QUESTION: What if I just fight empty-handed?

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the "intent" of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to "kill or severely injure" the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to "kill or severely injure", then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: So what should a person do when the region is under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim "But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots." Illiterates of law commonly do that.

thanks for the political correctness attempt, with all do respect there. but just remember that 2 weeks ago 5000 more supporters were on their way from KHON KAEN (Isaan). Many passed through. and there are about 6000 remaining? sounds like predominately Isaan, with a small percent of other areas.

Let me just add that the rains are due soon and the Issan farmers do have to start to prepare the fields for the rice planting season here in Issan.

They need all the help they can get and it is rather strange that the "thugs of Bangkok" are not heading back to Issan to start the process along with us all here.

Thaksin in a large portion of Issan where I am is not supported at all by many villages around my location. As soon as he went to sleep with Cambodians, he was history here!

"Please try and control yourselves and not make remarks in bad taste about other people dying. You are much better to say nothing at all than something spiteful. Irregardless of which side of the fence you sit on, please don't be disrespectful to the dead, its not funny, its not smart, it just shows you're lack of intellect." TV poster.

I fully agree.

neverdie said that, he is a gentleman who i respect and i have no doubt meant every single syllable regardless of political color

however, i suspect that you might not be so sincere.........

Thanks for ThaiVisa for posting a link to these photos, taken today.

One of the terrorists praying:

4612490782_65f35f979a.jpg

Fake monks:

4611877301_2cccb36c91.jpg

More terrorists, all of them heavily armed:

4611874403_86af036066.jpg

A young terrorist being taught something, probably how to make bombs:

4612485914_fc16185973.jpg

Chickens that were slaughtered to support the terrorists hunger:

4612473448_da43db36f8.jpg

More old terrorists, plotting the next attack:

4612478532_1255b7f78a.jpg

QUOTE (timekeeper @ 2010-05-17 12:07:17) post_snapback.gifTHANONG:Nation 17 05 2010

The purpose of this post is to quickly impart law-based information to inquiries perplexing some Thais and non-Thais. I reckon this is in the interest of the State and national reconciliation. If possible, please disseminate the information to all across the land.

This is also to remind all Thais (and non-Thais living in Thailand) of our duty to be familiar with our own law. Ignorance is not an excuse. Self-imposed illiteracy is vice, particularly when the nation is under crisis.

NOTE: This post is not contending whether the prescribed law is right or wrong. The data presented are not avowing whether the current law is just or unjust. This is simply to brief Thais and non-Thais to the reality of our Thai law as it presently is.

QUESTION: Can the government freeze bank accounts of anyone residing within Thai territory under Emergency Decree?

QUESTION: Does the government have to first obtain permission from the court?

ANSWER: No. That is one arbitrary right of the government under the Emergency Decree. Declaration of Emergency implies that the government can exercise actions which do not need court authorization as long as the actions are sanctioned by law.

Freezing back accounts of suspects the government deems as perpetrators of the national crisis is one arbitrary permit. The caveat is simply that there is sufficient reason to consider them as suspects assisting or perpetrating the crimes against the State.

QUESTION: If the government or security forces believe I am a perpetrator, can they also arrest me without a court-issued warrant?

QUESTION: Do I not have any right to resist or defend myself?

ANSWER: No – at least not at that particular moment in time. Your only right – under that particular moment – is to surrender to the arrest. If you are placed under detention, you only right – under that particular moment – is to comply. You can file the appeals later with the court, if you consider the government or security forces behaved outside the confines of law under the Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: Can the security forces execute me if I resist?

ANSWER: That depends on the nature of your resistance:

If you use a non-penetrating weapon to fight the security forces (e.g., batons, clubs, sticks, nunchaks - or even empty hand strikes such as punching or kicking), the security forces can counter with a constraining force (i.e., beat you into submission or take you down using any mechanisms to accomplish this end - just short of actually killing you).

If you use a penetrating weapon (e.g, knife, spear, sword, guns or grenades), the security forces can counter with lethal force (kill you right on the spot).

QUESTION: What if I throw stones or use slingshots?

ANSWER: Objects based on propelled trajectories are commonly though loosely classified as penetrating weapons. Thus, throwing stones or using slingshots can legally be countered by the security forces with lethal (deadly) force.

QUESTION: What if I just fight empty-handed?

ANSWER: Two elements are generally considered with respect empty-hand resistance. One is the actual physical assault itself. The other is the “intent” of the empty-hand assault.

If the intent of the fist strike, elbow strike, knee strike, leg strike or even a head-butt is viewed as to “kill or severely injure” the security troops, the troops can counter with lethal force. If the strike is viewed as merely to detract the troops from advancing, then the troops are expected to just counter with constraining force.

QUESTION: Going strictly by the penal codes, can the security forces then execute me right on the spot if I just strike them with my fist or elbow or knee or leg or head butt - or even just throw stones or use slingshots at them?

ANSWER: If the security forces view your empty-hand strikes or stones or slingshots as with intent to “kill or severely injure”, then yes – they can constitutionally and legally kill you right on the spot during an Emergency Decree.

QUESTION: So what should a person do when the region is under Emergency Decree?

ANSWER: Do what the government and the security forces tell you. Avoid confrontation with them at all times. Stay out of their path. If they arrest you, do not resist. If they place you under detention, follow their dictates until you can subsequently file the appeal with the court.

In other words, understand the law and use common sense. This also means that – under Emergency Decree – it is stark stupidity to claim “But I did not use a gun or grenade or knife or sward or spear. I was only fighting with my bare hands or just throwing stones or using slingshots.” Illiterates of law commonly do that.

Demographics

<snipped demographics>

As I wrote, if you included all the migrants in Bangkok and other areas, Isaan would nearly constitute a mathematical majority. It isn't a case of total numbers, it is about numbers of seats which I illustrated also.

In my opinion Isaan, the North and a lot of the Central areas are pro-which every party represents the reds. Some will have moved away after this mess, but probably not enough to hurt whoever the pro-red candidates may be. The Dems have lost all traction in those areas, and if they can be put into one central voting block as Thaksin did, they easily represent a majority.

Abhisit is only sitting where he is because of Newin, not because he had some overwhelming support. Newin is available to whoever buys him, so I wouldnt back his chances of staying with the Dems in the long run. Who knows, at this rate he may be taking Abhisit in as a party list MP 6 months from now.

TAN: It has been confirmed that Sae Deang died of kidney failure at 9:20 A.M.; doctors were unsuccessful in attempts to revive him

I thought he died from a sniper bullet that goes through his brain. maybe I have been mis-informed. Maybe He should have reduce salt intake and take care of his kidney when he was still alive.

These pistols are for shooting rats on the farm wont be accurate after 20 mtrs. I have been waiting 4 days for somebody to show me a link to reds with M16s.

It's a gun all the same and more than enough to provoke a response from the army. Which is what they are trying to do.

Sorry Mr. Policeman the shotgun I carried into the bank is for shooting clay pigeons and its only accurate up to 20 meters .....

A gun is a gun and if fired is deadly - accuracy is not a subject - that leads to another point and makes one wonder how many of the reds killed were killed by such inaccurate handguns aimed at soldiers but killed a red instead ?

Inaccurate guns and no skill (just remember the chap who missed a massive temple with an RPG) are a dangerous combination

Red with weapons

post-105662-1274069630_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069604_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069661_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069703_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069729_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069817_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069942_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274070009.jpg

post-105662-1274070101_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274070202_thumb.jpg

Need more? just Google images red shirts weapons armed etc see for yourself

As I said in another thread one can only wonder about the sense of injustice

as perceived by the reds and a large part of Isaan .

And wonder about its magnitude to the effect that protestors are willing to die for their

cause .

I dont think the military will ever try another coup again !

TNN: Reporter confirms a RPG was used against the Dusit Thani Hotel. Shows all the journalists in the basement

So where have the peaceful demonstators suddenly acquired RPG 7s from? Or were they stockpiled on the protests site from the beginning in full awareness of where this was meant to lead?

i have said all along this will not be over until the stock pile of munitions buried in Lumpini park is all used up

the peaceful reds would have a PR nightmare if the government found them and showed them to the world press

or maybe they would be fake guns, fake grenades, fake RPG, fake M16, fake AK47 's buried by fake reds ........

or planted by the govermement who sneaked behind enemy lines, under fire and put them there without anyone noticing....

Last night, I went digging for the "pile of munitions buried in Lumpini Park".

I didn't find them, but I did find the hidden immunity idol. Sweet.

Where is Russell Hantz anyway?

Either banned or maybe got off the computer and back to fighting the soldiers.

Can someone tell me how much the 55 pages of discussion here have contributed to an actual solution?

None of course. What a silly question. The solution now is in the hands of the brave Thai soldiers fighting the red shirt insurgency.

Talk about your one-sided propaganda. BBC is no different than Pravda. Worse than CNN.

Red with weapons

post-105662-1274069630_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069604_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069661_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069703_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069729_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069817_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274069942_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274070009.jpg

post-105662-1274070101_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1274070202_thumb.jpg

Need more? just Google images red shirts weapons armed etc see for yourself

Unfair, manipulation pictures from 10th April, weapons have been given back to Police/Army