Monday, Tuesday Extra Holidays For Bangkok

george

Monday, Tuesday extra holidays for Bangkok: CRES

BANGKOK: -- The Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation announced that the Cabinet made Monday and Tuesday special holidays for Bangkok.

Deputy PM's Secretary-General Panithan Watanayakorn said the special holidays are designed for the government to try to ease the situation.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-16

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another brainfart idea by this government. Public holiday I suppose means banks will be closed as well? I have a wire transfer coming in for my 1-year visa extension. Carefully planned to arrive 1 day before the seasoning requirement by Thai Immigration. Now it will arrive 1 day late and I won't be able to renew my 1-year extension without leaving the country, paying for the airplane ticket, the new visa, hotel, etc. What a joke.

Instead of FIXING the problems, they are RUINING the country even more, since stock exchanges will also be closed.

Way to go, clowns.

And now this:

CRES freezes 106 bank accounts to cut support for red shirts

The Centre for Resolution of Emergency Situation declared that 106 bank accounts have been frozen as a measure to cut support for red-shirt protesters.

The CRES said the accounts include 13 firms.

Those whose bank accounts are frozen include red-shirt leaders and former Thai Rak Thai excutives.

Sends a strong message to foreign investors ...your money isn't safe in Thailand!! We can take it anytime!!

Central Bank and stock market top officials are having meeting after govt declares public holidays tomorrow and Tuesday. /via @tulsathit

Yeah, better have a meeting. The clowns are ruining the last economy still standing, banks and stocks.

Yet another brainfart idea by this government. Public holiday I suppose means banks will be closed as well? I have a wire transfer coming in for my 1-year visa extension. Carefully planned to arrive 1 day before the seasoning requirement by Thai Immigration. Now it will arrive 1 day late and I won't be able to renew my 1-year extension without leaving the country, paying for the airplane ticket, the new visa, hotel, etc. What a joke.

Instead of FIXING the problems, they are RUINING the country even more, since stock exchanges will also be closed.

Way to go, clowns.

Why on earth wouldn't you transfer the cash with a few spare days in hand? Wire transfers are also hardly ever on the same time schedule (I make at least 2-3 transfers a month and they always seem to take different amount of time to arrive).

Way to go, clowns.

So your careful planning was spoiled by the nasty Thai government? Don't they know that farang like yourself are vital to the Thai economy?

doest it means than all administrations, like immigration office, will be closed ????

my friend ed visa finish on 18, he is on his eay to bangkok................

some one know somethings ????????? please

Go to Kanchanaburi Immigration... 125 km, 2 hrs on bus, 198 Baht return, southern bus term. get it there. Or Nakhon Pathom, 60km (if there is an Immi? don't know)

Can anyone confirm is this GOVERNMENT holidays or PUBLIC holidays?

In answer to my own question, Monday and Tuesday are government holidays. It's for the public sector to decide whether they are holidays for them.

In answer to my own question, Monday and Tuesday are government holidays. It's for the public sector to decide whether they are holidays for them.

Where did you get this information? And what exactly is the 'public sector'? According to the BBC Monday and Tuesday are public holidays. Other media use the term 'special holidays' whatever that means.

Where did you get this information? And what exactly is the 'public sector'? According to the BBC Monday and Tuesday are public holidays. Other media use the term 'special holidays' whatever that means.

The information has come through several media organisations, and by asking for clarification on Twitter. It is, apparently, what the government said in the announcement earlier. I am assuming the public sector is everything apart from government offices.

i've to go to the italian embassy tomorrow ... anyone knows if the public holiday will affect it?

This a joke?

The Italian Embassy uses any excuse imaginable to stop working.

ahahahahah that's true!! italians ... lazy ... like me.

but i hope something extraordinary ...

they no answer by phone since 3 days. they don't write anything new on the website since ... 2007

still have an italian embassy in bkk?

Just to let you know, and this may not be in the appropriate forum because I can not seem to gain access, Sathorn soi 1, around the area of Pantip Court, has vehicles which moved in with a big supply of tires (to burn??).

Soi Si Bam Phern (Tajai, Lido, Kenny's guest house seem to be out of power as of 1930 16 May 2010

Happy government holidays!!!!!

The information has come through several media organisations, and by asking for clarification on Twitter. It is, apparently, what the government said in the announcement earlier. I am assuming the public sector is everything apart from government offices.

Are you getting confused between the public sector and the private sector? Do your regard Twitter to be a rock solid source of information?

Central Bank and stock market top officials are having meeting after govt declares public holidays tomorrow and Tuesday. /via @tulsathit

Yeah, better have a meeting. The clowns are ruining the last economy still standing, banks and stocks.

Yes I agree with you little red cat.

The red clowns are screwing up this country good and proper.

Good Post.

Are you getting confused between the public sector and the private sector? Do your regard Twitter to be a rock solid source of information?

Indeed i am getting confused. Monday and Tuesday are government holidays - everyone else can decide. Sorry for the confusion.

And as for Twitter, I choose to follow most of the Bangkok journalists (local and foreign) who tweet so yes, I do indeed consider them to be a solid and reliable sources of information. But for sure there's lots of rubbish out there too.