Samui Homemade Food

Hi all. From tomorrow Wednesday the 19 - 05 - 10 we will be serving an all day breakfast at the shop :D

2 eggs any style

2 English back bacon

2 sausage

2 toast

Beans

fried tomatos

Tea or coffee

All for just 150 baht :D

To honour Big Joe we are also doing the gut buster special!

3 eggs any style

3 English back bacon

3 sausage

3 toast

large beans

Fried tomatos

Tea or coffee

All for just 200 baht :)

We will also be doing lunches

Chicken or Beef curry rice / chips or both 150 baht

Lamb curry rice chips or both 170 baht

BBQ spare ribs chips and coleslaw 150 baht

Any pie mash /chips veg and gravy 160 baht

Ploughmans lunch 180 baht

Apple pie / crumble and birds custard 90 baht

Rhubarb pie / crumble and birds custard 90 baht

We look forward to seeing you all there.

Cheers SHF :D

You can find us here

post-105676-1274160932_thumb.jpg

Edited by SamuiHomemadeFood

Roo Hi. It is something we are looking into as people are asking for it. They would like to get a hot curry, rice and or chips or Pie mash, veg and gravy delivered. The problem we have is getting the food to the customer hot. We may try it around the Chawang, Maenam, Bangrak, Plailem area and see what the response is. We aim to please as they say :D Not everyone has access to an oven or microwave.

If you want it you can have it!

We had somebody ask if we could do him some sausage rolls with the same pastry as the pies. No problem. He just lets us know how many he wants and we make them up especially for him. All part of the service :) You being a God that is a Mod we can always race round a dish of your choice :D We can't be having hungry Mods on the forum now can we :D

MUFC Hi. It just goes to show there is no accounting for taste. Yesterday we had a guy ask if we could make him some sausage rolls with the same pastry as the pies. Now we have you asking if you can have the same pastry for the pies as the sausage rolls. In both cases we have said YES ! If you want some pies with the same pastry as the sausage rolls just tell us what filling you would like and how many :)

We are here to provide the expat community with a taste from home. We realise that taste differs from farang to farang. We will try to give you what you want but we are only human and living in Thailand in the end.

We are starting our coleslaw next week as per requests and will be giving out free trial portions to our delivery customers. We will post when it is in effect.

We are open to suggestions and will try our best :D

Edited by SamuiHomemadeFood

Love your sausage Rolls, would be great to got a similar pastry on the pies,

Forgive me butting in mate but I think you read the post yesterday wrongly....I have quoted it above....he is asking if you can use the same pastry for the pies as you already use for the sausage rolls.

I just wish that you could come and open a branch up here in Korat.

HL :)

Any plans to make things with cheese? Oooh I love ze cheese, cheese pasties, cheese croissants, cheese on its own! Way too expensive to buy much in Tescos I would soooo love a regular cheese supply from somewhere... cheddar, smoked applewood, garlicky, chilli.... mmmmmm cheeeeese! I need ze cheeeeeese!

After reading all this & salivating, will have have to have a biggest looser Samui or private trainer :)

"The biggest looser" is that the loose weight program on Tele or the Mr Pattaya competition. thinking.gif

Edited by PoorSucker

Roo Hi. It is something we are looking into as people are asking for it. They would like to get a hot curry, rice and or chips or Pie mash, veg and gravy delivered. The problem we have is getting the food to the customer hot. We may try it around the Chawang, Maenam, Bangrak, Plailem area and see what the response is. We aim to please as they say :D Not everyone has access to an oven or microwave.

We had somebody ask if we could do him some sausage rolls with the same pastry as the pies. No problem. He just lets us know how many he wants and we make them up especially for him. All part of the service :) You being a God that is a Mod we can always race round a dish of your choice :D We can't be having hungry Mods on the forum now can we :D

Awesome ...!....im drooling at the thought...ive been searching for the perfect fry up for ages,it has to be well priced and using great ingredients!...joes reputation for quality sausages and bacon etc excels itself...i cant wait to come over and try!.....ill defos try all your other goodies too,as i think your prices are very fair!...and ill bring some mates,see you soon..gdog

Awesome ...!....im drooling at the thought...ive been searching for the perfect fry up for ages,it has to be well priced and using great ingredients!...joes reputation for quality sausages and bacon etc excels itself...i cant wait to come over and try!.....ill defos try all your other goodies too,as i think your prices are very fair!...and ill bring some mates,see you soon..gdog

Hey SHF...what do get in the ploughmans..?

May be pin all this to "recommended restaurant threads" before we all post our drink lists and food menus here.......

Forgive me butting in mate but I think you read the post yesterday wrongly....I have quoted it above....he is asking if you can use the same pastry for the pies as you already use for the sausage rolls.

MUFC posted " How about the pies with the same pastry as the sausage rolls, i love the contents in the pies but hate shortcrust pastry " A DIFFERENT GUY is asking the exact opposite :D two totally different requests as said. No accounting for taste!

May be pin all this to "recommended restaurant threads" before we all post our drink lists and food menus here.......

Sorry Samui coconut I didn't realise you were a sponsor as well. When are you getting your banner up and running ?

I had to pop down and try the Big Joe gut buster yesterday and it is all it says. It did me all day. There were a few partaking at the same time and we had a good reminisce about Big Joe. Roo is right with this pick up the phone and get grub and a blinding breakfast I need to exercise more. I have already had to have a go at the missus as she must have washed my wetsuit with the wrong powder and shrunk it :D

I didn't notice the ploughmans but used to enjoy one with a pint back in Blighty. What is in it ? Anyone ?

MUFC posted " How about the pies with the same pastry as the sausage rolls, i love the contents in the pies but hate shortcrust pastry " A DIFFERENT GUY is asking the exact opposite :D two totally different requests as said. No accounting for taste!

Please check your other thread regarding mufc post. cheers.

HL :D

Sorry first i was joking but now i am getting annoyed with Samui home made food. there is now 3 forums open from 1 company. seems to me like people r trying to cash in on a bad incodent. The thing is that me and my friends guessed that this sorte of thing would happen.

don't minde the occasional thread about your company but now there is. if we are talking about food. i think you are takinng the buscuit.

By the way for the mods. i am not having a go at anybody or insalutlin them. just speaking my minde

Sorry first i was joking but now i am getting annoyed with Samui home made food. there is now 3 forums open from 1 company. seems to me like people r trying to cash in on a bad incodent. The thing is that me and my friends guessed that this sorte of thing would happen.

don't minde the occasional thread about your company but now there is. if we are talking about food. i think you are takinng the buscuit.

By the way for the mods. i am not having a go at anybody or insalutlin them. just speaking my minde

Cash in or try to continue a business many want to see remain... under difficult circumstances may i add.

What's wrong with talking about food. Is it any less boring than other topics posted on occasion.

I can sympathize with their predicament personally.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Nirvana

And just how many posts have you got running at the moment Big C ? Is there a limit to how many posts a person can have open at one time ? Nobody is trying to cash in on any bad INCIDENT ( not incodent ). They are trying to keep several Thai staff and the business a well liked guy on the island built up going. If the posts annoy you SO MUCH then simply click on the name and then click IGNORE.

As with a few other people who seem to object I might point out that they PAY to advertise unlike the rest of us who post for free. Big C if you want to post about renting out your house or any other venture you have a work permit to do then please contact Sales at TV and they will gladly take your money each month I'm sure. For me I think they are offering a good service to the local farang. Through them posting here I now know I can get food delivered, get a very cheap breakfast and lunch etc etc etc. I fail to see your gripe ? :)

Not the case. You are twarking up the rong bee.

access to a microwave oven?

thankfully i dont either

what a horrible thing to do to ones food you plan to eat

microwaving your food? are you joking? realy you must be?

dont you know this kills the life force from you food and your body

where is your understanding really?

and now I am suppose to i trust you to prepare my food for me?

wake up folks please!

Edited by verygoodgirl

thankfully i dont either

wake up folks please!

Raw vegetables with insecticide are the go.

MUFC you get a pork pie, pickled onion, pickled beetroot, Cheddar cheese and coleslaw with the ploughmans.

Perkie we do a very nice cheese, onion and potato pie and the above but open to suggestions :)

Ooh sounds lovely, I'll PM you an order tonight. Do you do jars of pickled beetroot too?

Received an order yesterday, like other have posted was all correct and delivered very fast. H2o Dunc did you deliver? Saw your name on the invoice and always wondered who you are :D

Me and the hubby had the currys yesterday and they were the best Indian's we've had since we've been on Koh Samui! The beetroot is so yummy too, cant beat a good cheese and beetroot sandwich, reminds me of being back in the UK!!! Gonna try the pies tonight (reheat in the oven?) Will definitely be placing another order :D:)

Perkie yep it was me. I was in getting my order and as I live just past you in Lippa Noi said I would save the busy Thai delivery guy a ride out. He is a busy guy at the moment. Glad you enjoyed the food. The missus likes most of it as well especially the pasties but she doesn't like the curries for some reason ? :)

We had somebody ask if we could do him some sausage rolls with the same pastry as the pies. No problem. He just lets us know how many he wants and we make them up especially for him. All part of the service :D You being a God that is a Mod we can always race round a dish of your choice :D We can't be having hungry Mods on the forum now can we :D

thankfully i dont either

wake up folks please!

Not another knit your own yoghurt, tree hugging loon tune with a ZERO understanding of actual science loose on the forum again :D

Do you actually understand the basic principles of cooking ?

Conduction

Convection

Radiation

Microwave ovens do NOTHING to your food that any other form of cooking does. It simply creates heat hence inducing the cooking process.

Do you think they emit radioactive waves that cook the food ? :D

Use some form of toxic gas in the process ?

Life force in a pie for crying out loud! <deleted>!!!!!!

I'm curious Please do tell

As for being worried about them preparing food for you. THEY DO NOT USE A MICROWAVE. They are only used to re heat by the CUSTOMER!!!!

JEEEEZ give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roo take me away ! :)

We had somebody ask if we could do him some sausage rolls with the same pastry as the pies. No problem. He just lets us know how many he wants and we make them up especially for him. All part of the service :D You being a God that is a Mod we can always race round a dish of your choice :D We can't be having hungry Mods on the forum now can we :D

thankfully i dont either

wake up folks please!

Not another knit your own yoghurt, tree hugging loon tune with a ZERO understanding of actual science loose on the forum again :D

Do you actually understand the basic principles of cooking ?

Conduction

Convection

Radiation

Microwave ovens do NOTHING to your food that any other form of cooking does. It simply creates heat hence inducing the cooking process.

Do you think they emit radioactive waves that cook the food ? :D

Use some form of toxic gas in the process ?

Life force in a pie for crying out loud! <deleted>!!!!!!

I'm curious Please do tell

As for being worried about them preparing food for you. THEY DO NOT USE A MICROWAVE. They are only used to re heat by the CUSTOMER!!!!

JEEEEZ give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roo take me away ! :)

For those not convinced by Dunc's rational response I suggest throwing your pie in the deep fat fryer. This avoids any concerns over irradiated food and crisps up the pastry at the same time. Enjoy!

Smokie you're a genius. Deep fried pies is the way to go No messing about for the oven to warm up just toss it straight into a hot chip pan after the chips have come out! :D dam_n! What about the mushy peas though :)

Smokie you're a genius. Deep fried pies is the way to go No messing about for the oven to warm up just toss it straight into a hot chip pan after the chips have come out! :D dam_n! What about the mushy peas though :)

Mash up the peas....put them in a small pot.

Remove the pie from the fryer and make a small hole in the top. Hold the pot of peas directly over the hole and steam the peas....very healthy!