Marrying In Uk...does She Need Any Papers Translated?

Hi Guys, my thai gf will be coming to the UK soon on a 6 month settlement (fiancee) visa. Her passport /visa and thai ID card are already all in English language as well as in Thai. Does she need any 'other' papers to show to registry office here to get married ? And if so do they need to be translated into English first? ...she tells me she thinks she needs to provide translated copys of :- (1) Birth Certificate (2) Papers confirming her current 'single' status.

Any help much appreciated

Thanks.... Roland

ps I am born in Britain with British passport

Birth cert will be useful (though can't remember if need for marriage). I think the passport sufficed. You never know when you might need it though so probably worth getting. I don't recall that we needed any document showing single status (i'm not sure what that would be anyway.

Does she have a degree? If so, it's worth getting an English language version and transcripts (she very likely has these anyway).

my wife only needed to get her birth certificate translated before we got married last July. make sure you get a certified translation done. i sent mine to a langauge department at a university. that was all the registrar needed.