Troops, Armoured Vehicles Converge On Bangkok Protest Site

webfact

It will save the red leaders a meeting with a gurney and a needle by turning themselves in. The question now is how long will they be held AND what will they be formally charged with?

The electoral Commission ring sentenced for fraudulently favoring Thaksin's party during elections only served 1 week behind bars before being released for "excessive stress" (sic).

It gives a clue. A sad one.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOT: Red-shirt Leaders to Stop Deaths/Injuries to Regroup in Future

The key red-shirt leaders have taken the red-shirt stage and called for an end to the red-shirt rally to put an end to the deaths and injuries.

But reiterated that the 'fight' of the red-shirt movement will not stop, adding that the 'fight' will be carried on via democratic means.

Thank you PM Abhisit for LIBERATING Bangkok. Back to normalcy, PLEASE. :D:)

at last it is over

Do not be too optimistic, the moderate leaders have surrender leaving an angry mob uncontrolled... as Tulsahit has tweeted everyting may happen from now ... or only some pockets of resistance... or a bigger insurrection.

Praying everything go to normalcy, but difficult with moderate leaders "neutralised".

Some body ...cant even be bothered to read his name said they were protesting for 'democracy which they already have ' !! excuse me ..this government was formed after a military coup. Where in the world does this pass for democracy ? So many arrogant well off people on this forum probably with either business interests or living soft lives in Thailand probably worried their Issan GF,s may better themselves and not be bought for a thousand baht a night ..grow up the lot of you .

I see you are a newbie. Welcome to the LOS. Can you please refrain from your bigotry toward Issan GF? This kind of stupid nonsense is not welcome on this board.

Al Jazeera eyewitness reporter PRAISES Thai army!

To paraphrase -- " This is not a Myanmar/Chinese style crackdown. This is a THAI style crackdown. PLENTY of warning was given, most shots by the soldiers were WARNING shots to tell the reds to disperse. The casualties are MUCH LESS than they could have been. Overall, a very good job by the Thai army"

Excellent international press there, very refreshing.

More credit to ABHISIT. He is the hero today. He managed to organize parts of the army that were going to follow the government orders, rather than the Thaksin friendly factions.

post-37101-1274253558_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

Frozen accounts banned from transactions and money exchange, according to BoT

BANGKOK, 19 May 2010 (NNT) — The Bank of Thailand (BoT) has prohibited representatives of domestic and international financial institutions to conduct transactions and exchange money to the frozen accounts linked to the funding of the anti-government protests.

Specified six corporate include Worth Supplies Co Ltd, BBD Development Co Ltd, BBD Property Co Ltd, SC Asset Corporation, Ruaychai International Group Co Ltd, and Ruaychai Merchandise Co Ltd.

According to reports, the original 13 corporate accounts have a total registered capital of 25 Billion THB.

Thai bourse suspends trade in Thaksin-linked SC Asset

BANGKOK, May 19 (Reuters) - The Thai Stock Exchange said it had suspended trading in SC Asset Corporation on Wednesday as authorities had ordered that its bank accounts be frozen.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE64I05120100519

i sure hope the red shirt leaders don't "admit" they committed crimes and get off on bail. :)

I'm with you on that Danielle. They are definitely flight risks and shouldn't get bail. Looks like some of their brave Red cronies got tipped off last night and fled to Cambodia or wherever. And, I thought I heard two of those who turned themselves in say that they would fight to the death.

The police should be quite concerned after the Government emerges from this - still in power. A house cleaning upcoming this summer - no doubt.

Yes indeed!

Police have been dispised by the Thais for years.

The incompetance shown recently is just stunning.

Frankly, all the brass should be fired with no pensions.

Really need to start afresh..

Live interview with reporter on CNN - M-79's definitely came from the other (Reds) side. CNN finally getting Rivers to cover his pet group accurately.

Big business controls the US and the media is controlled by Big Business. The only concern the US had over this situation is to be sure they were friendly with whoever came out on top. This is largely why they reported this story RADICALLY differently than they would have it this was happening in the US. I am not saying they reportedly completely wrong but they certainly were careful about not getting the reds too upset.

NO, it was that one reporter who didn't report correctly. to be honest, US doesn't give a shit about Thailand. UN does though.

Don't celebrate too soon people .... there is a HUGE mop-up operation clearing the roads of the more violent of the thugs. It has been suggested that many were hired from the drug-gangs of the industrial estates in Samut Prakhan and Klong Toei. They are likely to be quite angry if they don't get paid.

Expect real acts of terrorism and vandalism and looting now.

the extreme drug wave is, according to my source, backed by government MPs. Names and data are flowing to and fro via various agencies. I was told that they agencies can't act at the moment, but this will change soon I guess. It should not be too difficult to single out some special MPs.

There's a reason, other than only the army's going tough, to stop the rally too.

Do not be too optimistic, the moderate leaders have surrender leaving an angry mob uncontrolled... as Tulsahit has tweeted everyting may happen from now ... or only some pockets of resistance... or a bigger insurrection.

Praying everything go to normalcy, but difficult with moderate leaders "neutralised".

That's been a problem for a couple weeks hasn't it? The moderates wanted to accept the "road map" but the hard liners overruled. Maybe it's better with them out of the way.

For you people who have chosen sides, you don't seem to understand that regardless of how it ends, the country will still be run by corrupt wealthy politicians. There will be NO winners.

Just like in the country we come from Gary A. Thais are moving in the right direction I think. I wish I could say the same for our place of birth.

Red Protesters Set Fire to Central World, Regroup at Victory Monument

UPDATE : 19 May 2010

Red-shirt protesters who did not agree with the decision by the red-shirt protesters to call off the protest have stirred up chaos around the Ratchaprasong area.

They've rallied others who also disagree with the call for an end of the rally to regather at the Victory Monument.

They've set fire to parts of Central World (ZEN), set the tyres in front of Central Chidlom on fire and blown up gas cylinders in front of the National Police Office and electrical units in Din Daeng area.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029521

Don't celebrate too soon people .... there is a HUGE mop-up operation clearing the roads of the more violent of the thugs. It has been suggested that many were hired from the drug-gangs of the industrial estates in Samut Prakhan and Klong Toei. They are likely to be quite angry if they don't get paid.

the extreme drug wave is, according to my source, backed by government MPs. Names and data are flowing to and fro via various agencies. I was told that they agencies can't act at the moment, but this will change soon I guess. It should not be too difficult to single out some special MPs.

There's a reason, other than only the army's going tough, to stop the rally too.

Still showing gangs on TV. They've hijacked a bus and look like they are going to burn it. They are stacking tyres around it.

Some body ...cant even be bothered to read his name said they were protesting for 'democracy which they already have ' !! excuse me ..this government was formed after a military coup. Where in the world does this pass for democracy ? So many arrogant well off people on this forum probably with either business interests or living soft lives in Thailand probably worried their Issan GF,s may better themselves and not be bought for a thousand baht a night ..grow up the lot of you .

Calm down and be happy this thing finally looks like it "may" be coming to an end.

'twas me sir.

And I standby the statement.

Everyone has had the right to vote here for many years.

Folllowing the militray coup there was an election if you remember.

There were three prime ministers as a result, the last being Abhiist.

What is undemocratic about that.

Those clowns at CNN have again broiught up the issue of reds fighting for democracy. It is utter bo---cks.

I can tell you my wife (an Isaan farmer's daughter) costs me way more than 1000 TBT a day. Haha.

Since you seem to care so much, let's hear your policies for improving the lot of the poor in the N and NE?

I bet you 10 TBT you never reply.

I've been waiting for two months for someone to tell me what new policies Abhisit should implement on top of what he has done already.

Disbanding the police and starting again would be a good move........

Actually, you probably do think I'm arrogant as I am clearly better educated and informed than you.

As far as growing up is concerned, I would prefer to stop or at least slow down...............

Edited by dhrobertson

It had to happen sooner or later. Now I hope for two things: Firstly minimal casulties on both sides. And secondly for Abhisit to to go through with his roadmap inclusive early election plans instead of abusing a successful crackdown to suppress the opposition. What we need is real reconciliation. Without concessions to all the moderate red supporters in the provinces, i fear, it won't take long before more of them are radicalized.

You're nicer than I. I can see Abhisit going through with his 'roadmap' ....but he should not feel compelled to go ahead with early elections. The Reds had that option - wide open - but shunted it rudely. Early elections have not been on the negotiating table for a week. Thaksin and the Reds gambled and lost. Abhisit should go ahead and have elections at the end of 2011. And all expenses for dealing with the rallies/riots should be borne by T, and members of his friends and family who sponsored it.

Hmm 2011 I wonder how many times before then we will see repeats of this kind of mayhem before that date ?

HOT: Red-shirt Leaders to Stop Deaths/Injuries to Regroup in Future

The key red-shirt leaders have taken the red-shirt stage and called for an end to the red-shirt rally to put an end to the deaths and injuries.

But reiterated that the 'fight' of the red-shirt movement will not stop, adding that the 'fight' will be carried on via democratic means.

Thank you PM Abhisit for LIBERATING Bangkok. Back to normalcy, PLEASE. :D:)

at last it is over

The irresponsible so-called "moderate" leaders never controlled these thugs. They only armed them and lit their fuses like their "peaceful" PVC pipe bombs.

Pockets of red shirts continue to riot

By 2.15 pm, half an hour after the surrender of the red-shirt leaders on Wednesday, a number of red shirts have continued to riot.

Some red shirts were seen trying to torch Central World shopping mall to express their anger for ending of the Rajprasong rally.

The reds camping out at Klong Toei remain skeptical that their leaders really turned themselves to police. They vowed to continue protesting.

The reds at Samyan continue to wreak havoc by burning tyres and blocking traffic near the Pheu Thai Party on Rama IV Road.

Buses services in Bangkok have been suspended for the afternoon after a number of buses were seized by rioting protesters.

The Nation

It had to happen sooner or later. Now I hope for two things: Firstly minimal casulties on both sides. And secondly for Abhisit to to go through with his roadmap inclusive early election plans instead of abusing a successful crackdown to suppress the opposition. What we need is real reconciliation. Without concessions to all the moderate red supporters in the provinces, i fear, it won't take long before more of them are radicalized.

You're nicer than I. I can see Abhisit going through with his 'roadmap' ....but he should not feel compelled to go ahead with early elections. The Reds had that option - wide open - but shunted it rudely. Early elections have not been on the negotiating table for a week. Thaksin and the Reds gambled and lost. Abhisit should go ahead and have elections at the end of 2011. And all expenses for dealing with the rallies/riots should be borne by T, and members of his friends and family who sponsored it.

Do you honestly think this is the end? The majority of Thais wanted an election but they are poor so I suppose they don't matter. Give it a month to settle down then their will be an insurgency with bombs going off in Bangkok and the final nail in the Thai tourist industry. That will give Abhisit an excuse to do what his puppet masters have always intended and cancel any election. Abhisit knows he and his cronies will be arrested and charged with the mass murder of unarmed protesters, when he is inevitably voted out of office.

There is considerably more support for the UDD now, than before the brutal crackdown, Abhisit will not hold an election he knows he can't possibly win.

I have been watching news reports from around the world, unlike the government propaganda the Thais get see and from all reporters there is no doubt that they consider the Thai government to be the ones over the top.

Ask yourself this question, all this carnage could have been avoided if Abhisit had called an election? If he thought he could have won he definitely would have done it, if as is certain he would have been ousted then... well that answers the question. Better to murder your own people than get voted out of office I suppose.

Still showing gangs on TV. They've hijacked a bus and look like they are going to burn it. They are stacking tyres around it.

Yes but this is more like Black Songkran which was fairly easy to break up. Taking back Ratchaprasong was a definitive victory. The question now I think is what happens in the provinces. Thaksin explicitly threatened to unleash his dogs on the provinces if Bangkok red's fell. Edited by Jingthing

[qu<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />at last it is over<br /><br /><br />Do not be too optimistic, the moderate leaders have surrender leaving an angry mob uncontrolled... as Tulsahit has tweeted everyting may happen from now ... or only some pockets of resistance... or a bigger insurrection.<br />Praying everything go to normalcy, but difficult with moderate leaders "neutralised".<br />

Started already. These scum have set fire to Zen/Central World.

Why aren't the army there securing things in that (former) key Red area?

Any update re Asoke/Suk junction?

Hmm 2011 I wonder how many times before then we will see repeats of this kind of mayhem before that date ?

Abhisit should stay in charge to see thru all the subsequent investigations about "who did what to whom" during this insurrection. He can resign after that, maybe this can be done before November ... depending upon whether the surrendered Red Shirt leaders cooperate in this investigation or not.

Now, that the women and children factor has been removed, those vandalizing groups will be dealt with swiftly by the army. Got to be the army since the police will probably join them to make some money.

500 dead - 1000 dead great, every looting terrorist drug dealing / taking thug off this planet can only be positive

Edited by Herm

Din Daeng Red-shirts to Act on Their Own

UPDATE : 19 May 2010

Red-shirt protesters in Din Daeng area, who were not happy with the key leaders' decision to call off the red-shirt rally, have declared themselves independent from the main red-shirt movement.

They say they'll now act on their own and have threatened to hunt down members of the press.

http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/tan/ViewData...?DataID=1029522

That's been a problem for a couple weeks hasn't it? The moderates wanted to accept the "road map" but the hard liners overruled. Maybe it's better with them out of the way.

In France, we have learnt that it was better to keep the structured leaders controlling a mob, than to let a mob uncontrolled...We will see what happens.....

Abhisit should stay in charge to see thru all the subsequent investigations about "who did what to whom" during this insurrection. He can resign after that, maybe this can be done before November ... depending upon whether the surrendered Red Shirt leaders cooperate in this investigation or not.

Why on earth should Abhsit resign ???? are yo nuts???

Congratulation to Abhisit - job well done - no mercy for the leaders and terrorists followers please :):D