Troops, Armoured Vehicles Converge On Bangkok Protest Site

webfact

Time to clear out the protest. Bring in the tanks and heavy equipment. Do a few F14 flyovers. This hopefully should clear out the women and children and non terrorists. Then deal with the armed element until they retreat home with their tails between their legs. Then we'll see if Thaksin skips paying them.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We live out on Jaengwhattana, surrounded by 3 army bases (some large some small).

Over the last few days there has been a buildup of army personnel transport vehicles, mostly buses some army trucks, jeeps, etc, Estimate about 20 to 25. This morning they have all disappeared. Pictures.

post-102665-1274234359_thumb.jpg post-102665-1274234371_thumb.jpg

I don't think they have gone to the boarders.

Just heard from a colleague that Chula Hospital was set on fire.

Can anyone confirm this?

Near Chula. Not exactly good for any respiratory illness patients.

chula.jpg

Smoke from burning tiers rises near Chulalongkorn Hospital in downtown Bangkok, Thailand, Wednesday, May 19, 2010. Thai troops and armored vehicles converged early Wednesday around the barricaded encampment of anti-government protesters in downtown Bangkok and opened fire in what appears to be a final crackdown to disperse them.

Where's Amnesty International on this one?

Patients have no human rights, only dissidents held for instigating chaos.

Time to clear out the protest. Bring in the tanks and heavy equipment. Do a few F14 flyovers. This hopefully should clear out the women and children and non terrorists. Then deal with the armed element until they retreat home with their tails between their legs. Then we'll see if Thaksin skips paying them.

F14? Thailand is only a poor country. I don't think we even have 2nd hand F14.

APC's, Military wearing Balaclavas, Heavy machine guns, and armed police, :)

Now theirs a recipe for disaster.

Balaclavas? Why do they need Balaclavas? They are soldiers.

I believe it's for protection from tear gas.

Just seen on BBC World TV:

A US based Thailand "expert" stuttered and stammered his way through an admission that "the soldiers are in a very difficult position", and "soldiers need to defend themselves"; after being asked by the commentator if he thought human rights abuses were being committed by the government in using live ammunition.

So the BBC are now allowing expression of such opinions.

APC's, Military wearing Balaclavas, Heavy machine guns, and armed police, :)

Now theirs a recipe for disaster.

What you see are only the support for the guns which are fixed to the vehicles.

The guns are NOT mounted.

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

Thaskin is definatly the cause and the financial organizer of this protest

Panic and chaos will allow him to return

But the question is

Is Thaskin the head of all of this

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

and Thailand is a test site for bigger things to come

I agree with you, I tought longtime ago about the new world order, as a cause, of course the ones we see are all puppetts, I dont recall they have never been spotted to the not so secret meeting that they have around the world, every few months.

so house prices in bangkok might come down then. good time to buy?!

I imagine housing in the city center will go down, but prices elsewhere might depend on migration patterns.

Edited by rabo

bermuda

Posted Today, 2010-05-19 09:38:36

What you said is scary....! If theere is indeed a powerful group of lunatics behind the new world order that made Thailand as their test ground, I would definitely sign up for the FREEDOM ARMY against them.

ozzieman/bolbous/bermuda you seem to be having quite the converation with yourself. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

A US based Thailand "expert" stuttered and stammered his way through an admission that "the soldiers are in a very difficult position", and "soldiers need to defend themselves"; after being asked by the commentator if he thought human rights abuses were being committed by the government in using live ammunition.

and this reply is NOT biased!

Too bad they didn't do this to the yellows at Goverment house and The Swamp back when. Would the Reds think they could get away if that had happend.

You make your bed you lie in it.

that was thaksins proxy PM's desicion to make

he didn't have the balls to make it.....and his boss wouldn't allow it for fear the bad press would taint his demogogue image.....

Edited by timekeeper

F14? Thailand is only a poor country. I don't think we even have 2nd hand F14.

Royal Thai Air Force doesn't have F-14's. They have the newer model, F-16 (albeit even they are 30 year-old technology), but anyway, fighter jets are completely outside the scope of this operation. It's strictly a ground forces scenario.

Protesters Surround Police Hospital

Doctors at the Police Hospital say protesters have completely surrounded the hospital.

At this point, it is reported that ambulances are not being allowed to leave. The Police Hospital is located right off the Ratchprasong intersection where the main red shirt rally stage is.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-19

Amnesty. Where are you?

If the eventual outcome is that most Thais come to their senses and realise that this government were never going to be acceptable and were a mistake and that Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here, then we can move forward as a country.

Can't agree with that one... "Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here"

2006, Thaksin was removed by the Govt/Army and that was when the Red Shirt movement was created..!!

Much of this could have been avoided if there had been a designated protest site - a large field with basic facilities outside downtown Bangkok. That's what the Cambodians just arranged - for future protests in their country. Granted, it's easier said than done, but if the initial protesters had been funneled to a large field somewhere, then things would not have gotten so far out of hand.

Plus, recent reports of freezing accounts of many big businesses and big shot Thais associated with Thaksin and the Reds is BIG NEWS. You can bet there are a lot of big shots close to the Shinawats, who are cussing and shouting and banging furniture against walls.

But the question is

or just a puppet himself

There are many of my business friends who say he is but a puppet of The New World Order

What you said is scary....! If theere is indeed a powerful group of lunatics behind the new world order that made Thailand as their test ground, I would definitely sign up for the FREEDOM ARMY against them.

Go for it... here is the manual:

open your Bible...Ephesians 6

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15. and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; :)

Doctors at the Police Hospital say protesters have completely surrounded the hospital.

At this point, it is reported that ambulances are not being allowed to leave. The Police Hospital is located right off the Ratchprasong intersection where the main red shirt rally stage is.

tanlogo.jpg

Amnesty. Where are you?

Really hope they get this on film.

and this reply is NOT biased!

Yes. It's biased. He should have said "Soldiers are being fired on by the red shirts with guns and grenades".

Just when you think these vile red scum can't stoop any lower!

timekeeper posted

he didn't.....

No, he orderd the military to clear them and they would not. Once you let some people get away with crap, everybody thinks they are entitled.

Is it any wonder why foreign journos end up getting hurt? :)

journos.jpg

Thats how they get the pics and commentaries that all of us armchair generals can remark on :D

It is interesting how the CNN and BBCrap have started to take different attitude in the last 18 hours or so....maybe the bosses back in the studios started to take a bit of notice of the biased tripe that was being previously shown

Too bad they didn't do this to the yellows at Goverment house and The Swamp back when. Would the Reds think they could get away if that had happend.

You make your bed you lie in it.

he didn't have the balls to make it.....and his boss wouldn't allow it for fear the bad press would taint his demogogue image.....

Exactly.

A completely different "they" as in "too bad they didn't do this".

I just sopke to my Thai neghobour, told my GF it looks like it has come to an end in Bangkok neither seem to give two hoots as if its just another day and so what, Amazing Thailand! Anyway I for one am very proud of the young brave soldiers going in to rid the vermin of the streets whether they are my nationality or not.

If the eventual outcome is that most Thais come to their senses and realise that this government were never going to be acceptable and were a mistake and that Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here, then we can move forward as a country.

Can't agree with that one... "Thaksin should be left permanently in Montenegro because of what he instigated here"

2006, Thaksin was removed by the Govt/Army and that was when the Red Shirt movement was created..!!

Yes, he was removed because he had stayed as care-taker PM for longer than the constitution allowed, and he controlled all the tools able to make him step down ... except for the army.

But the question is

or just a puppet himself

Go for it... here is the manual:

open your Bible...Ephesians 6

10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

11. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15. and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16. above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; :)