Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another confirmation here........I can confirm that Pattaya has been told to comply with the curfew as the province is under a state of emergency. Bars, shops will all have to close. I am preparing a report for my website now with other details I have received and will post a link when it is done.

do you have any information about gun battle/gun fire around Central Mall, this afternoon?

My dog walker was evacuated in the middle of the movie due to some gun firing or gun shooting or something like that

I have no details on that. Now it will be difficult to get any information until tommorow as most Thai journo's have been asked to leave the streets and to respect the curfew by Police.

You've got a police radio, haven't you? Maybe you could relay anything interesting that comes over the airwaves...

I was down at klang and beach til about 2130 and they were clearing everyone out - now back on the other side of suk and it is eerie, there is not a sound to be heard, quite nice actually. not a bike, a person nothing streets are empty and everything is closed

Yes, of course, we want facts, but sometimes the first we hear of facts are rumors. So, can anyone confirm that Big C is on fire? Probably not, we are on curfew!

yes it would be good if Howard or someone could confirm the veracity of these rumours, as if true they are very disturbing.

Also the post about "thousands of red shirts on Sukhumvit" preventing people from leaving Pattaya.

I hope there is substance to these stories, otherwise they are irresponsible.

Reds at Central now trying to burn it, can anyone confirm this?

I received an anonymous text at 21:30 saying that the reds were trying to set light to Central Festival Centre - presumably at Pattaya North. I cannot confirm this.

I was in Soi 13/4 at the time and everything was shutting down. I left at 22:00 and walked up 2nd road and Pattaya Tai to the temple. The market was still running and everything looked normal. I got my usual m/c taxi outside Cucumber and get home to Khaotalo with no problems. Most bars on Khaotalo appeared closed and the 7/11 stores were closed with their windows papered over. Still plenty of people about at 22:30.

DM

I'd be surprised if Big C was hit - you would think the new Central would be the target.

Anyways let's hope not - enough damage has been done in Bangkok, and up north.

Agree Central would be their prize target but it is also probably the best guarded if you get my drift. Soft targets for crazed people.

Another confirmation here........I can confirm that Pattaya has been told to comply with the curfew as the province is under a state of emergency. Bars, shops will all have to close. I am preparing a report for my website now with other details I have received and will post a link when it is done.

do you have any information about gun battle/gun fire around Central Mall, this afternoon?

My dog walker was evacuated in the middle of the movie due to some gun firing or gun shooting or something like that

I have no details on that. Now it will be difficult to get any information until tommorow as most Thai journo's have been asked to leave the streets and to respect the curfew by Police.

You've got a police radio, haven't you? Maybe you could relay anything interesting that comes over the airwaves...

Great idea Phil, should have thought about that a long time ago. I am now monitoring the Pattaya Police channel. I have a Thai close to me who can understand what is going on much better than me!!

Does anybody have the definitive answer - curfew in Pattaya tonight , yes or no? :D

You'll never get definite answers in Thailand, I am afraid. :D

I assume nobody really knows.

officially theres a curfew but knowing pattaya it will be ignored by many :) i wish i was there instead of here in bangkok. rather be on curfew there :D

im here at a hotel on north pattaya rd. everything is closed down, all bars are closed, shopping malls/plaza and all. there were police cars running around the streets telling everyone to go home and shut down their stalls/shops. even family mart and 7/11 are now closed with newspaper wrapped all around the front of the shops (to prevent looting?).

just to confirm, i can see big c from where i am standing, there is no fire.. information at these times can be confusing. please becareful when declaring news like that.

Due to high traffic to the site, the server is playing up at the moment...give me a minute and I will reboot it.

So far, no unusual conversations on the Pattaya Police channel to report....very quiet

Just back from a ride around down 3rd to 2nd rd, along second to 13/3, left to beach road and back, never seen the place so dark and still a lot of people on th streets, police didn't seem to care about farang been out though, there were a lot of them out there.

Confirming all the 7/11's and Family marts closed with newspaper over the windows, Lion and Cadillac bars still with customers inside though :)

I just got a sms message from my partner who is at work in a restaurant in Jomtien, told me not to go out tonight , red shirts in Pattaya "boom" whatever that means. Im staying home, like many I was hoping it would end without further loss of life and I feel for those affected plus of course the huge loss of business. With buildings being set on fire one has to wonder where it is all going to end. A very sad period in the history of this lovely country.

And it not gonne improve soon.Just heard from a friend who flew in yesterday that on the china airlines flight from Amsterdam there were 9 people in economy.

Might have something to do with China Airlines Economy Class, rather than Thailand. I wouldn't fly them.

I have just arrived home in North Pattaya from Jomtien. Shenanigans Jomtien was open for business as usual although the Avenue branch was closed. I came back via Walking Street where although nearly everywhere was closed one could still get a sneaky beer same as in the Jomtien Beer Bars.

Coming back on second road still a small amount of both road and foot traffic. No sign of any fires and a limited Police presence. :)

I an confirm Pattaya is under curfew as i am in Pattaya. All the beach Road up to the 3rd road is closed, every 7eleven is closed the banks are closed for the next 3 days and down town is dark the electric is turned off.

Aparently the red shirts may be going to laem chabang port. if they do come to Pattaya they usually congregate outside the city hall or the bottom of soi khao talo on sukhumvit which is near were i live.

There' no mischief i can confirm this. Everywhere is closed down until 6pm. I do admit i am hearing different times for the curfew and i didn't get any warning their was a curfew.

All bars are closed including some of my friends in different pattaya locations. I get no pleasure from delivering bad news or witing this thread.

Pattaya is no problem but the Army are stopping anyone leaving Jomtien as there are many nasty people there :D

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :D

:)

This is probably not the time or place for jokes.

Indeed...this is all too serious even for smiles. Leave the smiles for dumb people who can"t see the big picture. Stay all safe.

all perfectly normal yea tonight is like every night in pat'ya - uh no

sattahip you need get out here more often if you figure tonight is normal

rumours on facebook that redshirts are on they way in pattaya. probably <deleted>, but better to be safe than sorry

Apparently facebook is now blocked in Thailand (true 100% not sure about others)

not me in prakanong. its the apartment blocks wifi and fb's fine :)

I would suggest that rumours of fires and bombs are not correct. Pattaya Police radio channel is very quiet. If there was a major incident it would be red hot (no pun intended). They are just giving orders to officers to make sure venues are shut in main areas of Pattaya 3rd Road, 2nd Road, Beach Road.

I an confirm Pattaya is under curfew as i am in Pattaya. All the beach Road up to the 3rd road is closed, every 7eleven is closed the banks are closed for the next 3 days and down town is dark the electric is turned off.

Aparently the red shirts may be going to laem chabang port. if they do come to Pattaya they usually congregate outside the city hall or the bottom of soi khao talo on sukhumvit which is near were i live.

There' no mischief i can confirm this. Everywhere is closed down until 6pm. I do admit i am hearing different times for the curfew and i didn't get any warning their was a curfew.

All bars are closed including some of my friends in different pattaya locations. I get no pleasure from delivering bad news or witing this thread.

No sign of any Reds at their usual spot on Suk / Khaotalo at 22:30.

DM

and down town is dark the electric is turned off.

Electricity or Electric as write is turned off.....who turned it off? Electricity supply is normal, so maybe people went to bed early.

Please be careful about wording, as it might lead to wrong conclusions in this tense situation!

Cheers

im here at a hotel on north pattaya rd. everything is closed down, all bars are closed, shopping malls/plaza and all. there were police cars running around the streets telling everyone to go home and shut down their stalls/shops. even family mart and 7/11 are now closed with newspaper wrapped all around the front of the shops (to prevent looting?).

just to confirm, i can see big c from where i am standing, there is no fire.. information at these times can be confusing. please be careful when declaring news like that.

Thank you for that, and I agree 100% with your comment.