Curfew Tonight In Pattaya, Yes Or No?

Jingthing

There is a curfew. Follow it! Sorry but if your life requires you to find a girl/boy every night or drink yourself stupid... go home

This is your first post, so I'll drop it to you gently. Pattaya is the place to be for finding a girl/boy every night and drinking yourself stupid. It has no equal.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ It's a newbie tropo so let's try to be nice. Not everyone is a born again hard man that dresses in black and cruises the beach road and buddha hill on a motorbike under cover of darkness.

I would suggest that globalwanderer try offer the following suggestion;

"... if your life requires you to find a girl/boy every night or drink yourself stupid... then go out and get your 'dancing partner' and beer before the curfew starts and then.... go home"

PS No curfew in Vung Tau and the beer is about 34 baht/bottle. I won't say how much my 'personal assistant' cost last night as we can't talk about work related stuff here without a WP.

Guys, you are guests in Thailand. Obey the laws and government directions.

There is a curfew. Follow it! Sorry but if your life requires you to find a girl/boy every night or drink yourself stupid... go home

We are Paying! guests, Thailand needs to remember that!

Paying or not, you are not above the law because you spend money.

PS No curfew in Vung Tau and the beer is about 34 baht/bottle. I won't say how much my 'personal assistant' cost last night as we can't talk about work related stuff here without a WP.

Red Parrot or Apocalypse? :)

It's funny how people are always quick to claim anybody who likes to go out for an evening drinking are alcoholics. I just wonder how many of them spend the evenings cuddled up with their best mate Jack (D). Some people have a social life outside their front door away from the internet. :D

It was eerie last night in Jomtien(midnight) . Only a few dogs enjoying themselves on the

beach - ALL bars and clubs closed(though i could hear music behind the shut door of one). Like out of a "last man on earth" movie.

Almost scary  :)

I read this post on One Pattaya News:

"The curfew in Pattaya and 23 other provinces has been extended for 3 more nights up to and including Saturday 22 May"

Does this mean that the curfew will end at 5am tomorrow (Saturday) morning? Or does it include Saturday night and so will end on Sunday morning?

California Wow closed at 4pm yesterday, Villa at 6pm, so if you need to get fit then eat you have to get in early

Yes and Cawow takes the curfew to new levels as they also only open at 9 Am instead of 7.Thought the curfew finished at 5 Am.

California Wow closed at 4pm yesterday, Villa at 6pm, so if you need to get fit then eat you have to get in early

Yes and Cawow takes the curfew to new levels as they also only open at 9 Am instead of 7.Thought the curfew finished at 5 Am.

As a Member you may claim the missing hours after your livetime membership is over :)

I drove from Swampy to North Pattaya after curfew last night. I did not see one soldier, or one police stop. In fact, with so little traffic on the road, and the new motorway extension, the trip took about an hour, maybe a fraction more. Pleasant drive! :)

One post deleted.

Just so there is no mistake, Thai Visa emergency rules do not stop at News Clippings and will be applied here also:

7 days suspension automatically for any of the following:

1. Recommending or celebrating violence (of any kind, against anyone)

2. Personal attacks of any kind

3. Trolling

4. Off-topic posting of any kind

"The curfew in Pattaya and 23 other provinces has been extended for 3 more nights up to and including Saturday 22 May"

Does this mean that the curfew will end at 5am tomorrow (Saturday) morning? Or does it include Saturday night and so will end on Sunday morning?

1-2-3 should be easy to count! Curfew will expire Sunday morning 5 am, and it is still not decided whether it will be prolonged or not.

Cheers

1-2-3 should be easy to count! Curfew will expire Sunday morning 5 am, and it is still not decided whether it will be prolonged or not.

Cheers

I thought it was a very good question.

They don't always use logical counting here and "extended to Saturday" could be interpreted as finishing at 5am on Saturday morning.

PS. Next time you are stamped 30 days upon arrival in Thailand count the days. They actually count the day you arrive so you end up with 29 days in total. You could try telling the Immigration officers "1-2-3 should be easy to count", but I don't think they'd be impressed.

Edited by tropo

I have searched online for a picture of what Pattaya looks like all dark and under curfew... Couldn't fine one.

Can someone take a couple pictures just before 9pm, (or after, from a hotel or condo)? Someone has to document a dark Pattaya, if only to tell our grand kids.. :)

I have searched online for a picture of what Pattaya looks like all dark and under curfew... Couldn't fine one.

Can someone take a couple pictures just before 9pm, (or after, from a hotel or condo)? Someone has to document a dark Pattaya, if only to tell our grand kids.. :)

maybe ask one of your red pals to take one for you

after all they are the reason we are under curfew

might as well get one for the record books

maybe he could fire up tire or two whilst he was out......

Doesn't say anything about the curfew being cancelled. :)

What does the first sentance in the story say Norman? "At 7pm on Friday Night we received information that the curfew has officially been lifted here in Pattaya."

Thanks hm1973.

Lenny W, it looks like it was an old link from before but hm1973 has fixed it now.

Have a good one guys and stay safe kap.

Glad the curfew has been cancelled by the way - back to normal now then eh? Hope so.

NormanW

Edited by NormanW