Thaivisa Launches Youtube Beta Channel With Exclusive Content

webfact

Video: All you need to know about curfew and state of emergency

All you need to know about curfew and state of emergency:

Greg Lamphear talks to foreigners about state of emergency and curfew in Thailand

Provinces under curfew: Bangkok , Nakhon Pathom, Chon Buri, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakarn, Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya,

Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Chaiyaphum, Nakhon Ratchasima, Si Sa Ket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Nan, Lampang,

Nakhon Sawan, Kalasin, Mukdahan, Nong Bua Lumpu, Roi Et, Sakhon Nakhon, Ubon Ratchathani

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2010-05-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is our first crawling step to do a YouTube channel.

Please post your ideas of what you want to see on Thaivisa YouTube channel in the future.

Thanks

Greg & The Thaivisa Youtube Channel Team

email: tv [at] thaivisa.com

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2010-05-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I approached this with a measure of scepticism but I must say it was extremely well done, simple set of facts certainly but not at all patronising.Greg is an excellent presenter.Congratulations Thai Visa Admin.

He sounds just like the actor Seth Rogen when he's trying to be serious. :)

I think this is a great idea. Personally, I would like to see any footage from what's going on downtown. I live far enough out that I can't see what's going on, and I don't have t.v. to watch the news on. It's been hard to find real footage online. Also, perhaps you could run stories that either confirm or refute some of the many rumors going around the forums and the whole city (internet being cut off during curfew hours, hostages being held at various stores, etc.).

Great idea - will certainly help my folks at home - Greg, I like you presenting style, keeps it interesting (even those of us that have been sucking up reruns of the same news over the last 2 days - that should be newsed out by now!). Good job guys, keep it up.

Interesting format. Although I sorta felt like a 5th grader being talked to by my sex education teacher about the perils of STDs. :) I don't mean that in a bad way. Just an observation.

I think it holds promise. Good idea! :D

Edited by connda

I Tweeted on a similar subject yesterday...

In my old home of Los Angeles, we had/have television stations broadcasting news and other content in Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Spanish (of course), Chinese, Armenian, German and probably some others I'm forgetting/missing.

In Thailand, on a day of crisis, in terms of television, the English speaking community had almost nothing... The English speaking community in Thailand deserves something better.

nice idea!

Greg is good, but could be even better if there was a bit less acting.

But anyway, good initiative and I hope you will keep it up.

Possible topics for the future could include:

- how to stop a cab

- how to use a bath bus

- how to negociate with a thai and reach an agreement where all are happy

- how to use BTS/MRT

- how to buy and use a thai prepaid SIM card and which type is convenient for short time visitors

- basic do's and don't do's

- etc.

Oh Dear! It seems I am alone at the moment but I could not understand why the chap insisted on "whispering" and quite honestly thought it somewhat patronising. We are adults. We are told to use our common sense. Speak to us as if we are adults and not delicate little children! Great idea though.

this was great. thanks!

i would add (i'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned it or not) that we CAN leave our homes during the curfew if we have an emergency (and need to go to the hospital, for example). just be certain to carry your passport with you and any travel documents you may have (if you are here on holiday and are leaving next week for example, bring a copy of your airline tickets or flight confirmation).