Thaivisa Launches Youtube Beta Channel With Exclusive Content

webfact

I'm sorry - you have to be kidding me. It is a great idea but this is "everything" I need to know. An SOE means I can't gather in a group fo 5 or more but then I can ... if not a threat and the police can arrest me without probable cause (which I've never seen in Thailand!!). And now they have "En-Act-Ed a Cur-Few" - what am I? do a project for my Bor Hoc exam. Oh and that means don't go out during the curfew. If this is the quality that Greg and crew and going to produce then why bother. For the farang that do nothing but constantly post on Thai Visa it may give them something else to do - but the only bit of advice Greg gives that is of any use is use some common sense - what do people think a curfew is? Are you all so addled with Lau Khao that you can't think anymore.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this was great. thanks!

i would add (i'm not sure if anyone has already mentioned it or not) that we CAN leave our homes during the curfew if we have an emergency (and need to go to the hospital, for example). just be certain to carry your passport with you and any travel documents you may have (if you are here on holiday and are leaving next week for example, bring a copy of your airline tickets or flight confirmation).

That's correct and not necessarily just for emergencies they (the Thai government spokesmen) stated clearly on TV yesterday on CNN that foreigners are excluded from the curfew except that you should carry your passports and travel documents with you for identification purposes if requested..

Like others noted I too felt like a fourth grader in his tone and presentation though as well..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Nice work, but why Mr Lamafear is telling the curfew is between 9pm to 5am when i am sure i read somewhere, probably on the Nation or that innominable other newspaper, that it was between 8pm to 6am....am i missing something or what?

This is our first crawling step to do a YouTube channel.

Please post your ideas of what you want to see on Thaivisa YouTube channel in the future.

Thanks

Greg & The Thaivisa Youtube Channel Team

email: tv [at] thaivisa.com

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2010-05-20

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Wonderful, well done. Keep up the excellent work!

Please post your ideas of what you want to see on Thaivisa YouTube channel in the future.

Thanks

Don't care about Youtube with these crap connections in this country (or at least here on Koh Chang). So hopefully the website remains the main source of information!

Edited by AgentSmith

Thanks

thaivisa-news.png

:)

Thanks

thaivisa-news.png

Excellent and well presented. Thank you very much. Greg good job!

The idea is interesting.

The content was extremely silly however. It was basically 2 minutes of my life wasted. If you are going to do this, you should make it a little more practical. Such as:

How about a video tutorial on how to negotiate the police down from 200 baht to 100 baht when you are pulled over for a traffic violation?

Or, how to convince the guy at immigration to accept your 400,000 baht bank balance as sufficient for your visa even when you just deposited it 3 days ago?

Or maybe the correct way to get the motorcycle taxi drivers to give you the local price.

Or, I have an idea, how to stage a successful protest when the various agencies and businesses try and charge you more for your entrance fee just because you are a foreigner.

I can see a useful video right now:

"My name is Greg and I'm going to show you how to get into the Grand Palace for free using only your Thai drivers license..."

Give us interesting and useful content, and the format will be a success. But 2 minutes to say use common sense? Come on. Aside from the fact that it wasn't helpful, nobody with common sense actually lives in Thailand.

Please don't ask anyone connected with the The Nation newspaper to provide scripts or any attempts at professionalism will go straight out the window!

How much did the cameraman have to drink before he started filming?

Edited by Sunderland

Very nice idea and some good hints on how to improve the presentation.

Here are some more:

What about adding a date and time stamp on the video clip?.

For those who are hard of hearing and those members who do not fully understand the English Language. Subtitles in English and other languages would be a welcome addition...

JMHO.

MrJ.

Great idea - Thai Visa as always very informative.

:)

As always ???

Thai Visa has NEVER been informative, not until now ! Well done Greg, and well done to Thai Visa !

At long last, real information from people who actually know what they are talking about !

It would be great if the camera man stopped using the zoom button and stood still, makes me giddy.

The presenter would be great for a children's show, but most of us here are in or approaching our second childhood and could probably do with a less patronising/ daddy is teling you approach.

That said, a great idea

Oh Dear! It seems I am alone at the moment but I could not understand why the chap insisted on "whispering" and quite honestly thought it somewhat patronising. We are adults. We are told to use our common sense. Speak to us as if we are adults and not delicate little children! Great idea though.

I'm with you. Sorry. Low level and patronising.

I'm with you too - the whispering technique was a little irritating and as you say patronising. Someone mentioned he sounded like a matress salesman.

But a great idea from Thaivisa and I am sure you can work with constructive comments.

By the way Lamphun province is also one of the 22 provinces included in the emergency curfew

caf

Agreed a bit kindergarten teacher but not bad. Doesn't need to be bang in ya face but a bit less 'butter on a sunny day!' if ya git me?

Overall I think it was ok and Greg certainly wanted to do the right thing and his intentions are commendable. I do feel that Greg slipped back into his childhood and thought he was actually the star of the "Mr. Rogers" show. "Welcome boys and girls. Today we're going to learn about living under a state of emergency........"

It would have been great to have the internet back in the last BIG crisis in '92 as well as the ones in '85, '76, and '73.

I thought Mr. Rogers died 10 years ago or so. Seems he is alive & living in LOS. Maybe I didn't realize he lived just down the soi (swanky moo ban, by the way) and all day would sing (spool up the song in your head now) "Won't You be... My Neighbor." Great TV & presentation if I was in the 3 to 5 year old age range.

I can't see this taking off ...wait...maybe it will....average mental age of a typical Thai visa poster with 1000+ posts is about 5, so maybe it will work. Cool.

Nice work, but why Mr Lamafear is telling the curfew is between 9pm to 5am when i am sure i read somewhere, probably on the Nation or that innominable other newspaper, that it was between 8pm to 6am....am i missing something or what?

your not missing anything yesterday it was 8 till 6 but then they did they normal routine here and changed it to 9-5

Excellent idea guys.

As others have pointed out, it feels a little as if he is addressing a crowd of toddlers, but I'm sure it's with the best of intentions :)

I think there's a laundry list of topics that can be covered... "do's and dont's", immigration regulations and visa advice, what to do if you are detained by police and your legal rights (and how not to make the problem worse if the police don't care about your rights), cultural considerations in dealing with disputes, what to do if you are involved in a car accident, avoiding accidental HM disrespect, customs regulations... etc.

Great job guys. Looking forward to see more of this informative type of unbiased video. :)

Great job! Refreshing to see something unbiased for a change.

Who is this amateur? Playing a bit too loose with the "U" word, I believe.

Yesterday, he posted a video,with Khon Kaen's damaged city hall in the background, and implied terrorist fires were burning in Mahasarakham also (which wasn't the case). It was fear-mongering at its journalistic worst. Less opinion, more facts, and he might be able to rise above the abominably low standards of CNN and BBC! :D

Edited by toptuan

Overall I think it was ok and Greg certainly wanted to do the right thing and his intentions are commendable. I do feel that Greg slipped back into his childhood and thought he was actually the star of the "Mr. Rogers" show. "Welcome boys and girls. Today we're going to learn about living under a state of emergency........"

It would have been great to have the internet back in the last BIG crisis in '92 as well as the ones in '85, '76, and '73.

I agree it was OK, guess we broke the law last night and did not get caught..6 people having a quiet beer (5 Thai 1 farang) after local lottery numbers came out. Just figure we are already in 2nd childhood and talk up a bit more. Great first run.

Thanks

thaivisa-news.png

Great job. I hope you will have these daily. More often when needed to pass critical info to everyone.

your not missing anything yesterday it was 8 till 6 but then they did they normal routine here and changed it to 9-5

Thanks Shadiadi, now is all clear TIT :)

A very good first effort. I'd like to see how all the critics would hold up under the cold hard lens of a video camera. Keep 'em coming.

Request - hard hitting reports on scams, discrimination (whether it be Thais or foreigners), as well as a feel good story every now and then and maybe an overview on volunteer options formal and informal.