Aussies Lose

Hot of the press.

Aussies loose first 20/20 test . England 179 for 8 Australia 79 all out

So thats the 20/20 test ,the last 50 over test and the last full test match .

Still feeling good my antipodean friends? :o

Greatest sporting nation in the world indeed ! Ha

Edited by roscoe

This was not an indicator of anything to come this Summer but it was nice to see the Aussies hammered! As much as they will say it doesn't matter they wouldn't want to have been spanked by England at this stage in any kind of game.

One positive for the Aussies was that Brett Lee looked very sharp. I hope he plays in the tests.

The cloak of invincibility well and truly muddied!

Is this the start of a terminal decline? A 100 run defeat in a 20twenty game is like an innings and 300 run defeat in a test! Can Aussies recover in time (without taking any illegal substances).

Any Aussies about!

The cloak of invincibility well and truly muddied!

Is this the start of a terminal decline?  A 100 run defeat in a 20twenty game is like an innings and 300 run defeat in a test!  Can Aussies recover in time (without taking any illegal substances).

Any Aussies about!

As much as I would like to, I'm not going to bleat. I am going to wait until the final match of the tour and offer congratulations to the best side. I must say one thing though, Siam Supermouths predictions are running true to form so far.

Roscoe and Mittheimp have obviously never heard of honourable congratulations or commiserations following a sporting contest. Easy to see where Brits get there bad name as sports followers,it only takes a few bad apples for all supporters to get tarred with the same brush.You two should get together and arrange a dart and flare throwing episode at the next game, that seems to be your mentality.

apart from that ,heartiest congrats on a fine effort by the English team.

Well done to the English cricket team.....not total losers after all.....pity the same cant be said of their supporters... :D

I dont think the Aussies are overly worried about it though....lets wait for the real stuff to begin....20/20....isnt that the same as tip and run that I played as a kid...pretty close I think... :o:D:D

Well done to the English cricket team.....not total losers after all.....pity the same cant be said of their supporters... :D

I dont think the Aussies are overly worried about it though....lets wait for the real stuff to begin....20/20....isnt that the same as tip and run that I played as a kid...pretty close I think... :o  :D  :D

Come on you Aussies, please do not patronise us. It wasn't that good. Just because a couple of our so called cricket supporters, fed up cause the football seasons finished,and with no-one to slate, reckon with that victory the Ashes are done and dusted. In fact I'm not even so sure that they are. Maybe they're just a couple of nice kids replying to the rantings of one of your own, who was obviously trying to wind the whole of England up. You true blue Ozzies should have a word with the little fella. :D

I dont think the Aussies are overly worried about it though....lets wait for the real stuff to begin....20/20....isnt that the same as tip and run that I played as a kid...pretty close I think... :o  :D  :D

Come on you Aussies, please do not patronise us. It wasn't that good. Just because a couple of our so called cricket supporters, fed up cause the football seasons finished,and with no-one to slate, reckon with that victory the Ashes are done and dusted. In fact I'm not even so sure that they are. Maybe they're just a couple of nice kids replying to the rantings of one of your own, who was obviously trying to wind the whole of England up. You true blue Ozzies should have a word with the little fella. :D

I did and he spat at me.....oh you mean THAT little fella :D:D

Roscoe and Mittheimp have obviously never heard of honourable congratulations or commiserations following a sporting contest. Easy to see where Brits get there bad name as sports followers,it only takes a few bad apples for all supporters to get tarred with the same brush.You two should get together and arrange a dart and flare throwing episode at the next game, that seems to be your mentality.

Both my posts on this thread and on other threads have actually been aimed at350Toranas' lack ability to understand that although his zenophobic support of his country is at times admirable, his comments, at any mention of anything but total success by any Aussie sportsmen/women is an anthema and not worthy of further consideration.He bites every time :o

Both my posts on this thread and on other threads have actually been aimed at350Toranas' lack ability to understand that although his zenophobic support of his country is at times admirable, his comments, at any mention of anything but total success by any Aussie sportsmen/women is an anthema and not worthy of further consideration.He bites every time :o

I will bite again , although your bait is not fresh, it sure is pungent :D I stick to my statement....20/20 is a wank. It has no place in first class/international cricket and results do not prove anything . In my post,i did post my congrats to the poms, ok maybe with a grain of salt . Likewise, if the Poms beat Australia in the ODS they will have my congrats . We are talking about the Ashes..this means test matches . A five day chess match, which Australia has dominated for the last decade or so .

I can understand Roscoe getting excited about the prospect of his beloved poms taking back the ashes. I don't think they will this series, maybe the next. But if the Poms win, then the better side won .

As to the other threads, u have the edge on me, as u probably know alot more about soccer than me . :D

I dont think the Aussies are overly worried about it though....lets wait for the real stuff to begin....20/20....isnt that the same as tip and run that I played as a kid...pretty close I think... :D  :D  :D

:o:D

[/quot I will bite again , although your bait is not fresh, it sure is pungent :D I stick to my statement....20/20 is a wank. It has no place in first class/international cricket and results do not prove anything . In my post,i did post my congrats to the poms, ok maybe with a grain of salt . Likewise, if the Poms beat Australia in the ODS they will have my congrats . We are talking about the Ashes..this means test matches . A five day chess match, which Australia has dominated for the last decade or so .

I can understand Roscoe getting excited about the prospect of his beloved poms taking back the ashes. I don't think they will this series, maybe the next. But if the Poms win, then the better side won .

As to the other threads, u have the edge on me, as u probably know alot more about soccer than me . :D

Where do you get the right to say what does or does not count as first class/international cricket ?.

Your cricket governing body obviously thinks it does ,as do players ,coaches and managers.The same opinions as yours were promelgated at the introduction of limited over/one day tests and even three day tests.

Just because you do not like the game format please do not decry the cricketing enjoyment, by both players and audiences,and the skills that come with this particular format of the game ; after all I do not remember too many persons of note decrying the Australian cricket team for their lack of moral fibre in agreeing to play against Zimbabwe on 25/2/2003 in Bulawayo, that was a disgrace,so please donot try and lecture others on the finer points of cricket,which in toto is much more than a matchs format.

As for football I only know the history of the game . :D

And we donot play five day chess matches . :D

Edited by roscoe

Roscoe you are right, it is only my opinion, which I will stick by. I could stir up a hornet's nest by saying that England's and other nations test matches against Bangladesh should not count as international test matches .

Oh well, i don't want to turn this, or other threads into a mass debate :D I guess Australia vs the poms stirs up passion . Let the results speak for themselves, may the best team win, except for the 40 over wank of course.

waving the white flag , or raising the jolly roger? :o

Roscoe you are right, it is only my opinion, which I will stick by. I could stir up a hornet's nest by saying that England's and other nations test matches against Bangladesh should not count as international  test matches .

Oh well, i don't want to turn this, or other threads into a mass debate  :D I guess Australia vs the poms stirs up passion .  Let the results speak for themselves, may the best team win, except for  the 40 over wank of course.

waving the white flag , or raising the jolly roger?  :D

I hear what you say about Bangladesh ,and I wholey agree.

The question is how do the 1st class countries encourage the other ones to improve without playing them,they do need this invaluable experience to improve . Maybe they are termed Tests because they test our patience and the commitment of the 1st class countries to raising the standard of cricket, and expanding it from the present 6 major test countries.Who knows? :D

and by the way Australia have played Test match's against Holland ,these really are exhibition games ,but it is being patronising to these teams to call them anything other than Tests .After all its only a cricketing term for an International. :D oh!

Chuchok ,

I didnot want to rub salt in the wound.Everybody knows Somerset are a team of international standing and anybody who treats them lightly (because they beleive their own press ) will always pay the price of humiliation and their own arrogance. :o

Edited by roscoe

I can't believe that the pommies on this board are not talking about the game last night that the Aussies lost. :o

What is there to talk about....

the two top scorers for Somerset were both foreigners and Hayden and Ponting both retired on 79 and 80 respectively.....

Hardly an English victory was it ???

I can't believe that the pommies on this board are not talking about the game last night that the Aussies lost. :o

the two top scorers for Somerset were both foreigners and Hayden and Ponting both retired on 79 and 80 respectively.....

A loss is a loss mate.Just take it on the chin and wait for the Test matches. :D

A loss is a loss mate.Just take it on the chin and wait for the Test matches. :D

I think Punter looked on the game as practise,but he either underestimated Smith and Jayasuriya or over-estimated his attack,he was pretty dark on his bowlers evidentally, Kasper went for about 10 an over,reckon Ricky was looking for a Cascade last night. :D

I think Punter looked on the game as practise,but he either underestimated Smith and Jayasuriya or over-estimated his attack,he was pretty dark on his bowlers evidentally, Kasper went for about 10 an over,reckon Ricky was looking for a Cascade last night. :D

Ricky is always looking for a Cascade..win,lose or draw. :D

Ricky is always looking for a Cascade..win,lose or draw. :D

Underestimated it I think....he blew S**t out of the bowlers after....he was looking at it as practise hence the early retirements and was looking to the bowlers to contain the Somerset team....and yes they let him down....

Still it is only a warm up game....the ODI's start soon...expect some difference then..

Hey Ozzy

Remember Punter is from Lauceston, reckon his brew of choice is Jimmy Boags :D