Curfew Lifted For Pattaya City

george

plenty of know it alls saying it will start again but guys who like to think they understand it but rarely do.

The reds have already announced another march in Bangkok on May 30th. :)

Were do you read about? i make news for my website...and this is big new.

Tanks

the curfew in pattaya has been lifted, any of you remember the topic??? grow up and stop with the bickering , not too interesting for anyone older than 12.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Pattaya, we still have a thriving tourist business witih the Russians. Many of them hop on the charter flights to Pattaya. The problem is they generally do not go into the bars, but (as couples - the men bring their younger Russian girlfriends with them) buy their liter bottles of Chang or Leo at the Seven-Elevens and walk down Walking Street. This Russain ritual upsets the go-go girls and the bar owners. Yes, we are one big PARTY CITY! :)

I read posts about Hua Hin buzzing with foreigners escaping Bangkok for the weekend.

Well I'm one of them but Hua Hin is far from buzzing with people. And there are many more Thai tourists than foreign ones.

I was able to get on the first minivan leaving from Anusaowaree, didn't have to wait as I did in the past.

Traffic was not congested on the way to Hua Hin. Easy to find a room without booking, beach not crowded, most of the restaurants, pubs and bars are empty.

This Russian ritual upsets the go-go girls and the bar owners.

This is to be expected when you have a motor show where they keep driving models with only a few thousand kilometers by those with a few hundred thousand km under the hood and look like they've been through a few rollover accidents.

:)

This is to be expected when you have a motor show where they keep driving models with only a few thousand kilometers by those with a few hundred thousand km under the hood and look like they've been through a few rollover accidents.

:D

:):D

You would be surprised how many km those Russian Models have, but I heard they have some very talented mechanics :D

The poor in Chiang Mai are still being punished by Mr Abhsit for backing the wrong side and will probably have the curfew enforced until Sunday. But then the Democtrat party never did give a shit about the North.

CM is going to have it hard for a long time. There are lots of Thais who wont go there and will chose other destinations to avoid going to red land and spending money there. Other places benefitted massively from this at Songkhran. It could be a good way of redistributing a bit of cash actually

If you have been around for lkong enough you will remember pre-Thaksin the Dems were the biggest party in the North and then Thaksin bought all their siting MPs but dont let facts get in the way of a good rant. The Dems have been doing OK down in the lower north recently too in local elections where they even won seats in a province they had never ever won seats before.

Ittiphon rules in Cholburi.

Lets put it this way. No red organisers are going to mess with him or his family or interfere with business

So Laem Chabang isn't chonburi then?

That was all ended very rapidly when the curfew was rescinded early. The reds tried a few things in Chonburi and in some places got bloodied by workers and in others they just had to retreat. The wife of the dude who RPG'd Wat Prakaew is a red organiser in Pattaya and there is a red big wig in Meung Mai but they lack the suypport and lcout to do much. The few hundred at Laem Chabang didnt achieve much accept annoy people and the ones who tried to burn Lotus got chased off quickly. Basically people including the poor dont like losing their jobs and no disruption to business inb Chonburi was going to be tolerated for long.

Lets put it this way. No red organisers are going to mess with him or his family or interfere with business

Let's put it this way, his political allegiances are no secret: the reds would have no reason to mess with him.

Their pull to end the curfew a 'bit' early (which basically is inevitable everywhere) was simply a practical decision, not a red or yellow one. But yeah, pull indeed they do have.

So Laem Chabang isn't chonburi then?

That was all ended very rapidly when the curfew was rescinded early. The reds tried a few things in Chonburi and in some places got bloodied by workers and in others they just had to retreat. The wife of the dude who RPG'd Wat Prakaew is a red organiser in Pattaya and there is a red big wig in Meung Mai but they lack the suypport and lcout to do much. The few hundred at Laem Chabang didnt achieve much accept annoy people and the ones who tried to burn Lotus got chased off quickly. Basically people including the poor dont like losing their jobs and no disruption to business inb Chonburi was going to be tolerated for long.

I love this talk of how local people chased away the red mob here and there. Yeah, the five guys armed with red bull bottles who tried to burn the Tesco Super Center "got run off" by angry grandma working the fish ball stand. I am sure the locals are just lining up to die for the sake of defending Thailand from the crazy reds. My observation is that Thais go absolutely out of their way to stay uninvolved during confrontations, unless of course, they are being paid/ordered to do otherwise.

But please do keep us updated each night after you get your 6:00pm dose of truth. :)

The poor in Chiang Mai are still being punished by Mr Abhsit for backing the wrong side and will probably have the curfew enforced until Sunday. But then the Democtrat party never did give a shit about the North.

CM is going to have it hard for a long time. There are lots of Thais who wont go there and will chose other destinations to avoid going to red land and spending money there. Other places benefitted massively from this at Songkhran. It could be a good way of redistributing a bit of cash actually

If you have been around for lkong enough you will remember pre-Thaksin the Dems were the biggest party in the North and then Thaksin bought all their siting MPs but dont let facts get in the way of a good rant. The Dems have been doing OK down in the lower north recently too in local elections where they even won seats in a province they had never ever won seats before.

You don't happen to have link to the results do you? I've tried a google search, but all I can come up with was a by election win in Prachinburi. which is hardly the north is it? not doubting your word, just interested in the results

You don't happen to have link to the results do you? I've tried a google search, but all I can come up with was a by election win in Prachinburi. which is hardly the north is it? not doubting your word, just interested in the results

http://www.rfi.fr/actuen/articles/109/article_2628.asp

You know the wrong place to rent nice cars :D