Australian Man Arrested Over Thai Protests

webfact

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D Don't see what the big deal is, he spoke his opinion as a guest speaker, spoke alot of shit. Don't agree with what's happened in Thailand but as far as this guy is concerned, big deal, he didn't hurt anyone in that clip, who is the victim of his supposed crime, what was the crime, and im not talking in relation to unjust laws. He's justifyably upset, he's speaking out of anger that he and other innocents have been shot by the ___________, and he can't seek justice from the purportrator of the crime. He's seeking his form of justice in an unjust system, through freedom of speech even though it doesn't exist in this heaverly censored ___________. If I was unlucky enough to be a victim of a bullet I would seek justice only if it didnt come from the___________ This website has been blocked by ICT, Your country or region requires a strict SafeSearch setting, which filters out results that might return objectional content. :)

Whats also extremely funny, is these 2 probably felt they were "really" a part of the red "movement" and that his brothers in red would back him. Now they will both find out that NOBODY is going to come to their aid from the Reds. Stupid fools.

In 20 years time they will both start their bar stool stories with " I really thought that the reds were....................... different......... :) "

You're the guy who's hopping around and about concerning my TV signature - and still hopping. The energizer Bunny hopping.

I'm glad you're -still- glad LaoPo. Try to stay that way.

Meanwhile, back at the farm, I doubt the arrest of these farang or holding one (maybe yet more) in detention is going to impact tourism. Foreign media aren't much interested now with N-S Korea, the BP oil spill, Europe going bust etc etc, but if a slow news day ever happens again the farangs being charged here might get some attention, but I doubt it. There isn't any mass roundup of falhang nor are we siezing or shooting. Neither are the tourists.

:DI am the hopping guy? :D

In just one sentence you manage to drag N-S Korea into the discussion, the BP Oil spill and Europe going bust

You forgot to mention that the US is already bust since many years with more than 60% of the states bankrupt and the rest not far off. :D

Hop on.

LaoPo

It's a private feud held in public.

Publicus got the better of Laopo so many times in threads,

now Lp can't let a post of Pub's go without trying to tear it apart.

Particularly if any mention is made of his beloved PRC.

This act has grown most tiresome at this point. Try and ignore it.

Publicus most certainly didn't get the better of Lao Po. This is just the usual back slapping by TV's daftest team of propagandists. And it's obvious to anyone with a pair of honest eyes that Lao Po is a genuine poster who is trying to look at the bigger picture, and that Publicus is a propagandist who just wants to ram his propaganda down TV readers' throats.

:D

:D

:)

Publicus most certainly didn't get the better of Lao Po. This is just the usual back slapping by TV's daftest team of propagandists. And it's obvious to anyone with a pair of honest eyes that Lao Po is a genuine poster who is trying to look at the bigger picture, and that Publicus is a propagandist who just wants to ram his propaganda down TV readers' throats.

Publicus ,speaks with sanity and reasoning

Which is one thing i have never seen with any of your childish mud slinging posts

There is no team !

Just quite simply the fact that, you are now seeing forward thinking people that are not obsessed with their own agenda People that are now demanding the power of reason and intelect to crush the bullying tactics of the thugs you so love to represent

Your time is over

There will be no other time for you,because the propaganda that you perpetuate is at an end

Reading your words ,is like watching a man in his last death throes fighting for life

You lost

And you must accept it tiger

Which is one thing i have never seen with any of your childish mud slinging posts

There is no team !

Just quite simply the fact that, you are now seeing forward thinking people that are not obsessed with their own agenda People that are now demanding the power of reason and intelect to crush the bullying tactics of the thugs you so love to represent

Your time is over

There will be no other time for you,because the propaganda that you perpetuate is at an end

Reading your words ,is like watching a man in his last death throes fighting for life

You lost

Here we go again.....yet another propagandist. I didn't lose anything. I'm just trying to get to the bigger picture, something which is not helped on here by propagandists like Publicus, Ralph and and their vociferous gang of cheerleaders.

My view (and also the view of many international academics/observers) is that, sadly, and due to intransigence by both sides, this is far from over and that it's only the beginning.

But feel free to propagadize away. It's so important you do so. I'm sure a forum full of posters without so much as voting rights in Thailand will change the course of Thailand's history :) . I'll just continue to try to cut through all the bs and propaganda to try to get an idea of what's actually going on, thanks :D .

:D Don't see what the big deal is, he spoke his opinion as a guest speaker, spoke alot of shit. Don't agree with what's happened in Thailand but as far as this guy is concerned, big deal, he didn't hurt anyone in that clip, who is the victim of his supposed crime, what was the crime, and im not talking in relation to unjust laws. He's justifyably upset, he's speaking out of anger that he and other innocents have been shot by the ___________, and he can't seek justice from the purportrator of the crime. He's seeking his form of justice in an unjust system, through freedom of speech even though it doesn't exist in this heaverly censored ___________. If I was unlucky enough to be a victim of a bullet I would seek justice only if it didnt come from the___________ This website has been blocked by ICT, Your country or region requires a strict SafeSearch setting, which filters out results that might return objectional content. :)

Apparently he was in Thailand without a visa - expired. He was here illegally and he was breaking the State of Emergency law (2005 Shinawatra Administration) by speaking at the rally. He's been charged with nothing else at this point. Though he seems to be working on fixing that.

At the time of his arrest he was, like Blanche De Bois, relying on the 'kindness of strangers'. Clearly not all he shares with Blanche De Bois given his outburst in court.

Has anyone actually established that he was in fact shot on the 10th? I would assume that someone has pulled his pants down by now and checked and, if they haven't, it's probably because he's already pulled them off himself and put them on his head whilst yelling "look at me, look at me, pants on head, pants on head, I'm the head of pants gang!"

I wouldn't be surprised if he went on a hunger strike - I think he needs psychiatric help.

Edited by Neurath

Farang have no visa. Face the fine.

Farang have no work permit. Face the fine.

Farang snipping ib Bangkok. Face the firing squad.

I hope all those Farang that come to Thailand to kill ThaiS & Farng journalistS get what they deserves. The firing squad

Sorry if I have no sympathy.

This guy is brilliant, if he spoke Thai, he would be perfect for the red shirt movement. This guy has more guts than all the dumb ignorant arse kisser foriegners in Thailand! What is wrong with foreign influence that is helping the people of Thailand. Wake UP people, The Yellow shirts are more anti-foreigner than the reds. The yellow shirts are the ones in power; they are controlling the government!

Rucharee, you are sound like a Yellow Shirt Sonithi Lover! Without Farangs, you or your fellow Thais would never be able to speak English first of all. You should thank all the farangs for being in Thailand that teach English. Second of all, the yellow shirt military leaders are the ones killing people not the farangs or the reds. Stop being ignorant!

Rucharee, you are sound like a Yellow Shirt Sonithi Lover! Without Farangs, you or your fellow Thais would never be able to speak English first of all. You should thank all the farangs for being in Thailand that teach English. Second of all, the yellow shirt military leaders are the ones killing people not the farangs or the reds. Stop being ignorant!

I am a born again YELLOW. Born again on 19-May-2010 at 13:00 hr.

The celestial power that protect PAD is Buddha himself.

Buddha has no respect for greedy people! The reds are better than the Yellows. I hope you change your mind. I mean the reds are not all the good either, but better than the Yellows.

Well summed up. The yellows are evil, the reds not all that evil, but not good, leaving us with the Democrats as the only good force for politics.

What does any of this have to do with the Australian that was arrested?

At page 17, the thread and no news for days now about the Aussie in the slammer have caused some people try to fill in the void in their own ways.

Others are managing either to stay on topic or discuss reasonably related and materially connected topic matters. 

I think the thread's alive and well, perhaps in need of some cough syrup but otherwise fine.

Regardless, I wonder if the loudmouth in jail is reconsidering his assertion regularly repeated that he's a international citizen. The reality is that Thaksin is an 'international citizen' the same Thaksin with a dozen passports is an international citizen. So we see two international citizens of the same persuasion. The difference is that if the Aussie gets put away for a while, in jail, Thaksin remains free to travel and to continue to buy his way out of a Thai jail. 

I swear, the Red Shirts can't get their heads out of their <deleted>. I can see why Thaksin doesn't want surgery because the surgeons might discover he hasn't any heart. But I'll leave that particular point to Thais to decide. Almost every ordinary citizen I've spoken with recently doen't see how another Thaksin proxy government has the competence to govern, the rational capabilities to be reasonable or fair, or could be a unifying force.   

Edited by Publicus

There is no team !

Your time is over

You lost

Here we go again.....yet another propagandist. I didn't lose anything. I'm just trying to get to the bigger picture, something which is not helped on here by propagandists like Publicus, Ralph and and their vociferous gang of cheerleaders.

My view (and also the view of many international academics/observers) is that, sadly, and due to intransigence by both sides, this is far from over and that it's only the beginning.

But feel free to propagadize away. It's so important you do so. I'm sure a forum full of posters without so much as voting rights in Thailand will change the course of Thailand's history :D . I'll just continue to try to cut through all the bs and propaganda to try to get an idea of what's actually going on, thanks :D .

Now, now Trixie, the canned mantra you recite of propaganda and propagandists is welcome as it exposes your posts as being the repetitive, tiring, cliched, boring stalker canned entries that that they are. If propagating Thaksin and his interests, as  both you and LaoPo do while pretending neutrality, constitutes the bigger picture, you need to click the 'enlargement' function of both your pc and of your alleged mind, actually to see the bigger picture of Thaksin's fanatic passion to establish the People's Republic of Thailand. So, Trixie, whenever (hardly ever) we downstairs want you to chirp in, we'll bang the broomstick on the ceiling or bang on the radiator pipes so you can come down to continue to provide airhead comic entertainment. But whether we bang or not you do that anyway  :D .

Have no doubt - no doubt - the government and the Red Shirts' leaders read ThaiVisa. They read TV 24/7. Always have, always will. They want and need to know what and how we think, believe, what and how we view the current events and developments, the players, using our views as something of a guide to farang thinking and pov so that each can try better to calibrate their policies, PR statements, strategies and so much more that helps both in dealing with the West to include the UN. The farang business and corporate community who come and go also want the views of long term farang, especially those among us married to Thai women and raising families (I'm not one) in the former LOS to help them to know and understand the culture and society here.

Which is why you and Thaksin keep trying to discredit critics - however, your approach repeatedly to call me a propagandist is only another unsuccessful attempt by yet another Red/Thaksin poster to try to neutralize me :) .  You ain't gettin' it done either. You're only exposing yourself as yet another Thaksin operative who in fact is even less effective than any of those during the past year or more.  :D  

Cheers and keep making your canned posts about my being a propagandist. I state my own individual views in my own individual style, recognizably so. You to the complete contrary are recognizably canned spam with your propaganda and propagandist line after so many of my individual posts. You can't really believe your Ralph and I work in tandem, or that Brahmberger does too?? Or can you :D   ?

I do hope you're not an English teacher.

Both the Reds and Yellows are reactionary groups led by self serving men. What the yellows did was bad and I think they probably would have resorted to more extreme means had the powers that be not tacitly supported them. But what the Reds did was much much worse. They obviously have a lot of rank and file support with a genuine grievance, albeit possibly misplaced. But they have obviously recruited a faction of ne'er-do-wells to intimidate their opponents and exact revenge on those their sociopathic leader blames for losing his wealth and power. And in between you have Abhisit as the honest broker who was acceptable and relatively untainted. Abhisit would do well to attract the more reasonable Red supporters away from a path that can only end in tears for the whole country, and with it rendering the Yellows an irrelevance who may as well disband.

Hopefully, the recent protests and arrests will reveal the money trails which made the occupation possible.

What does any of this have to do with the Australian that was arrested?

As an Australian, it really peeves me that this Irish madman is able to tarnish our reputation. As if we haven't done that capably enough.

Buddha has no respect for greedy people! The reds are better than the Yellows. I hope you change your mind. I mean the reds are not all the good either, but better than the Yellows.

Well summed up. The yellows are evil, the reds not all that evil, but not good, leaving us with the Democrats as the only good force for politics.

Well summed up

Are you serious ?

"The yellows are evil,the reds not all that evil"

Come on ,my 4 year old can do better than that

Even though i disagreed with someone like the poster Clockwork Orange and some of the others that entered this discussion some months ago supporting the reds.

But i would rather have that ,than those sort of comments

Which are just now becoming the norm

And what the red supporters have descended into now on this forum

As there back is against the wall

Anything please,than these 3rd rate red posters

Its becoming a bit pointless

Bring back the pit bulls from the early days such as clockwork and the others,they know who they are

I often wonder where they are now

They seem so quiet these days

Wonder why ?

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

The Brits (some of them) are just pissed up, the Aussies (all of them) are congenitally stupid. Take a look at the ajarn forum to see how they're viewed on the ongoing multi page thread on them.

Are you drunk?

See! :)

But feel free to propagadize away. It's so important you do so. I'm sure a forum full of posters without so much as voting rights in Thailand will change the course of Thailand's history :D . I'll just continue to try to cut through all the bs and propaganda to try to get an idea of what's actually going on, thanks :D .

Now, now Trixie, the canned mantra you recite of propaganda and propagandists is welcome as it exposes your posts as being the repetitive, tiring, cliched, boring stalker canned entries that that they are. If propagating Thaksin and his interests, as  both you and LaoPo do while pretending neutrality, constitutes the bigger picture, you need to click the 'enlargement' function of both your pc and of your alleged mind, actually to see the bigger picture of Thaksin's fanatic passion to establish the People's Republic of Thailand. So, Trixie, whenever (hardly ever) we downstairs want you to chirp in, we'll bang the broomstick on the ceiling or bang on the radiator pipes so you can come down to continue to provide airhead comic entertainment. But whether we bang or not you do that anyway  :D .

Have no doubt - no doubt - the government and the Red Shirts' leaders read ThaiVisa. They read TV 24/7. Always have, always will. They want and need to know what and how we think, believe, what and how we view the current events and developments, the players, using our views as something of a guide to farang thinking and pov so that each can try better to calibrate their policies, PR statements, strategies and so much more that helps both in dealing with the West to include the UN. The farang business and corporate community who come and go also want the views of long term farang, especially those among us married to Thai women and raising families (I'm not one) in the former LOS to help them to know and understand the culture and society here.

Which is why you and Thaksin keep trying to discredit critics - however, your approach repeatedly to call me a propagandist is only another unsuccessful attempt by yet another Red/Thaksin poster to try to neutralize me :) .  You ain't gettin' it done either. You're only exposing yourself as yet another Thaksin operative who in fact is even less effective than any of those during the past year or more.  :D  

Cheers and keep making your canned posts about my being a propagandist. I state my own individual views in my own individual style, recognizably so. You to the complete contrary are recognizably canned spam with your propaganda and propagandist line after so many of my individual posts. You can't really believe your Ralph and I work in tandem, or that Brahmberger does too?? Or can you :D   ?

I'm not on the ceiling: I'm under your bed, inside your wardrobes, coming out of the walls :D . Yeah, me and Thaksin were in the bar at the Montenegro Hilton last night and I said to him "Frank (we're tight like that :D ), this Thai Visa business....." and he interrupted: "Simon, mate, I haven't applied for one yet." So I continued: "No, no that internet forum full of expat armchair politicians that we've infiltrated.....". Then I woke up, had a coffee, checked my emails, had a quick look at a few of my bookmarks and noticed that on TV the same old names were still waffling away with the same old fervent, one-sided mantras like some life-affirming religious chant.

But seriously, the fact that both sides have tried to use such an obviously sad and troubled individual as Conor Purcel for political mileage exemplifies just what a low intellectual and moral level Thai politics is at. There are currently no 'knights in shining armour' on any side. And I've always opined that the best of the current younger bunch should have bided their time: They should've left the current turf war to the political dinosaurs. The young guns currently just don't have enough influence, carry enough clout where it matters. The only good thing to have come out of this mess is the remarkable heightening of political awareness. In the short-term this will mean problems, but in the long-haul it can only be a huge force for good. It's just a shame that some the better young politicians decided to become part of the problem instead of waiting until they could become genuine movers and shakers. Unfortunately, they are going to struggle to do more than just offer more of the 'same old' in the future.

<snipped pointless stuff>

But seriously, the fact that both sides have tried to use such an obviously sad and troubled individual as Conor Purcel for political mileage exemplifies just what a low intellectual and moral level Thai politics is at. There are currently no 'knights in shining armour' on any side. And I've always opined that the best of the current younger bunch should have bided their time: They should've left the current turf war to the political dinosaurs. The young guns currently just don't have enough influence, carry enough clout where it matters. The only good thing to have come out of this mess is the remarkable heightening of political awareness. In the short-term this will mean problems, but in the long-haul it can only be a huge force for good. It's just a shame that some the better young politicians decided to become part of the problem instead of waiting until they could become genuine movers and shakers. Unfortunately, they are going to struggle to do more than just offer more of the 'same old' in the future.

"The young guns currently just don't have enough influence, carry enough clout where it matters." - Do you mean they are not corrupt enough yet? :)

I think the young idealists need to come out now to push the political dinosaurs aside.

It's going to take a long time, but someone has to start. It may mean that a few a burnt along the way, but it will open things up for the future ones. If they keep waiting, then nothing will ever change.

<snipped pointless stuff>

"The young guns currently just don't have enough influence, carry enough clout where it matters." - Do you mean they are not corrupt enough yet? :)

I think the young idealists need to come out now to push the political dinosaurs aside.

It's going to take a long time, but someone has to start. It may mean that a few a burnt along the way, but it will open things up for the future ones. If they keep waiting, then nothing will ever change.

Well.....not in the way you meant it ("not corrupt enough"), but that is kind-of what I was alluding to. Abhisit made some genuine attempts to reel in the corruption, such as his stand-off with Newin's gangsters over the new Bangkok buses. But he was firmly slapped down when he tried to take on the army over the GT200 empty boxes. I betcha he doesn't forget his place again anytime soon on these matters. Fact is, The 'New Demos' are in a much weaker position than they were a few months ago (plus their reputations are tainted by recent events) and the Opposition are in a fair bit of disarray. The dinosaurs are very much ruling the roost at the moment. Some progress!

Why is it always the Aussies and Brit who come to center stage here in Thailand for being just plain stupid.

The Brits (some of them) are just pissed up, the Aussies (all of them) are congenitally stupid. Take a look at the ajarn forum to see how they're viewed on the ongoing multi page thread on them.

:)

So is there anyone who you don't have a childish stereotype for?

Well summed up

Are you serious ?

"The yellows are evil,the reds not all that evil"

Come on ,my 4 year old can do better than that

Even though i disagreed with someone like the poster Clockwork Orange and some of the others that entered this discussion some months ago supporting the reds.

But i would rather have that ,than those sort of comments

Which are just now becoming the norm

And what the red supporters have descended into now on this forum

As there back is against the wall

Anything please,than these 3rd rate red posters

Its becoming a bit pointless

Bring back the pit bulls from the early days such as clockwork and the others,they know who they are

I often wonder where they are now

They seem so quiet these days

Wonder why ?

Christ, do I have to put a sarcasm emoticon on every post? Didn't the last bit about the Democrats at least give you a clue about what I was saying? Besides, you don't have to be a card carrying, flag waving yellow supporter to see the truth in the red movement and their evil little Montenegrin master.