Bars For World Cup Games?

ExpatJ

bloody hel_l, how many times am i getting quoted!!!!!!! Have done world cup here before and i found more americans in sportsman and Gullivers packed with brits!! who knows just a suggestion (for the record i prefer the women and the prices in the sportsman, but the footies all about the atmosphere). Anyway go wherever you like i doubt it will matter to much (except to your bill!), and enjoy!!

Just to quote you again :)

I didn't think The Sportsman was open in 2006? :D

After 10 pints of lager i feel like having a world cup every week so that will explain his experience at the sportsbar who wasn't even open last worldcup :D

No, The Sportsman was definitely not there in 2006, it opened May last year.

OK, just to clear up what will and won't be happening at The Sportsman this World Cup:-

- All games will be shown in HD on True with English commentary (as long as True don't cock it up). The main projector is full HD and True HD channels are already installed.

- If two games clash we'll work out which team has more potential viewers in the bar and this will be the game that is put on the big screen. There are 9 other TV's around the bar that can also show the other game and sound can be turned up on each indivual TV as required.

- We will show all games regardless of time, curfews or public holidays. All the 1:30 games will be shown in full.

- Tiger beer is 99 baht a pint, all day every day. Wednesday and Thursday are happy hour all day/night, even in the World Cup. Heineken is 125 baht all day every day also.

- First come first served on the tables, no reservations. Get there early as if the bar gets too busy we will limit the numbers coming in to keep it comfortable for the customers already in the bar.

Mods - I wouldn't normally post like that but as there were questions being asked about the bar I answered them directly...

Tom.

:)

Tom,

Thanks i be there for a few games, and if get more than 100 new costumers in from Thai visa, you going to put a advertisement on it.

Ok Tom :D

So that makes you, new costumers from Thai Visa and Thai visa as well happy.

I love happy people, first beer for you on my bill Tom when i am there.

OK, just to clear up what will and won't be happening at The Sportsman this World Cup:-

- All games will be shown in HD on True with English commentary (as long as True don't cock it up). The main projector is full HD and True HD channels are already installed.

- If two games clash we'll work out which team has more potential viewers in the bar and this will be the game that is put on the big screen. There are 9 other TV's around the bar that can also show the other game and sound can be turned up on each indivual TV as required.

- We will show all games regardless of time, curfews or public holidays. All the 1:30 games will be shown in full.

- Tiger beer is 99 baht a pint, all day every day. Wednesday and Thursday are happy hour all day/night, even in the World Cup. Heineken is 125 baht all day every day also.

- First come first served on the tables, no reservations. Get there early as if the bar gets too busy we will limit the numbers coming in to keep it comfortable for the customers already in the bar.

Mods - I wouldn't normally post like that but as there were questions being asked about the bar I answered them directly...

Tom.

Nice one Tom.

Any Free snacks Party Pies Sausage Rolls,Cheese n Biscuits?

Cheers

Tom.

Nice one Tom.

Any Free snacks Party Pies Sausage Rolls,Cheese n Biscuits?

Cheers

:D:D:D and a free massage after the game.

Little bit disappointed only 2 bars so far Cross and Sportsbar.

See you all there during the world cup :)

Very surprising! Aren't any other managers TV readers? :D I've heard Soi 8 pub will be broadcasting all games. Sounds like a good option.

I don't understand this myself, Sportsbar is the winner with cheap pins of lager, some snacks and a free masage after the game :D

Very surprising! Aren't any other managers TV readers? :D I've heard Soi 8 pub will be broadcasting all games. Sounds like a good option.

I don't understand this myself, Sportsbar is the winner with cheap pins of lager, some snacks and a free masage after the game :D

The post-game massage is the clincher. Viva Sportsbar!

The post-game massage is the clincher. Viva Sportsbar!

We are the champions my friend

And we'll keep on fighting till the end

We are the champions

We are the champions

post-95869-1275723410.gif

post-95869-1275723449.gif