Thaksin Puts The Battle On World Stage

webfact

The photo shopping in Paris where taken by another customer in the store. than it made it to the frontpages in Thailand. 'Thaksin exposed'. Do you think that was a set up by Thaksin, 'leaked' by his PR team? same as the death rumours and so on? so hat the evil master mind has an alibi?

The "international community" of patrons of the beer bars in thailand maybe think it is proven that he is the terrorist. for them Thaksin could do whatever, they always will twisted somehow that he is guilty of everythink.

get real.

Am real, but not invested in the story.

If you believe such trite, oh, just a passer by snapping a photo that now becomes his lawyer's main line of defense, then I have some websites for you to read.

Edit: bold portions of quotation highlighted by poster for emphasis and to maintain quotation in context.

his lawyers main line of defense? where did you get that from?

about the photo:

A Thai residing in Paris was quoted as saying that on 15 May, her Malaysian friend had caught and taken a few photographs of Mr Thaksin while shopping with one of his daughter, Ms Paethongtan, in the mentioned shop in a relaxing mood. The lady said her friend was trying to take more photos of the ex-premier but had been obstructed by his guards.

18 May 2010 (NNT)

Cybercitizens have attacked former ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatara on web boards as photos of him shopping in France spread like wildfire on the internet.

The pictures, taken by a Thai expat residing in France showed Mr Thaksin shopping in a Louis Vuitton shop in France's upscale shopping avenue, Champs-Élysées. Mr Thaksin was seen to be smiling, in the store with his daughter Praethongtan Shinawatara. The photos were taken on 15 May 2010 and the National Broadcasting of Thailand (NBT) was the first to retrieve the images.

19 May 2010 (NNT)

and you are now saying that the photo and the 'news' about his shopping tour in Paris made it to the Thai TV, the newspapers and the internet 10 days ago was all well planned by Thaksin himself so that he has an alibi for the upcoming terrorism charges?

and you have websites? cool!!! have a link too? please post, i like lunatic conspiracy theories.

I like cats. Now that you are a born again internet believer suggesting we should just believe that which we read, from the very same article comes this----

Meanwhile, Mr Thaksin Shinawatara's financial accounts have been frozen by the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) as he is linked to being a major funder of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) demonstrations in the Thai capital since late March 2010.

Good article or not?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"And the Thai government has issued an arrest warrant on charges of terrorism against Mr. Thaksin Shinawat. He was deposed in a coup in 2006"

Hahaha. I like the front bit better.

Is a coup an act of terrorism?

If yes, so Thaksin was out-seated by terrorists ....

If not, why a coup (using army against a government) is not an act of terrorism?

The definition of terrorism in this article makes it pretty clear that PAD's seizure was an act of terrorism. 18 months and still not one arrest warrant has been issued. The investigation has been almost 100% complete for more than a year now.

The Suvarnabhumi seizure seems to have international terrorism implications, as do the attacks in the south that have left 3,400+ dead since 2004. What terms do they use to identify these two groups? If they are not identified as terrorists, what are they? If they are not identified as terrorists, is there a double standard?

Thaksin amended the Criminal Code while he was in power, purportedly to make it easier to deal with the yellow shirts' controversial anti-government activities. The new law listed action that affects state properties, disrupts public transport or causes serious damage to the economy, among others, as acts of terrorism. This means whereas the red shirts might be able to get away with the rally at Phan Fa Bridge, the occupation of the Rajprasong intersection borders on an act of terrorism itself, with or without the arson.

So it's completely Thaksin's fault that the red leaders are charged as terrorists. :D:D

Lets not forget the Yellow Shirts shut down the airport in 2008, This disrupted the economy and also the transportation system. Where are the mass arrests from this. :)

What is good for one is good for the other.

Two weeks ago, I migt have agreed with you, but since they left Bangkok without burning it down, I say give them a pass. :D

"And the Thai government has issued an arrest warrant on charges of terrorism against Mr. Thaksin Shinawat. He was deposed in a coup in 2006"

"Hahaha. I like the front bit better."

Is a coup an act of terrorism?

If yes, so Thaksin was out-seated by terrorists ....

If not, why a coup (using army against a government) is not an act of terrorism?

Not if the PM and government was illegally seated

by it's own unilateral, constitutionally un-confirmed actions.

When you quit publicly are you able to say "I'll be PM again."?

Global audience doesn't give a rats ass about Thaksin or his claims. In case you guys haven't noticed, there is a major environmental catastrophe in progress, and two nuclear powers seem determined to start shooting at each other. Thaksin doesn't even merit a blip on the radar. He is Thailand's problem, and they would be better off ignoring him completely.

How true. The issues in Thailand end up on the back pages of the newspapers, and pass as interesting, but not important.

The photo shopping in Paris where taken by another customer in the store. than it made it to the frontpages in Thailand. 'Thaksin exposed'. Do you think that was a set up by Thaksin, 'leaked' by his PR team? same as the death rumours and so on? so hat the evil master mind has an alibi?

The "international community" of patrons of the beer bars in thailand maybe think it is proven that he is the terrorist. for them Thaksin could do whatever, they always will twisted somehow that he is guilty of everythink.

get real.

Am real, but not invested in the story.

If you believe such trite, oh, just a passer by snapping a photo that now becomes his lawyer's main line of defense, then I have some websites for you to read.

Edit: bold portions of quotation highlighted by poster for emphasis and to maintain quotation in context.

his lawyers main line of defense? where did you get that from?

about the photo:

A Thai residing in Paris was quoted as saying that on 15 May, her Malaysian friend had caught and taken a few photographs of Mr Thaksin while shopping with one of his daughter, Ms Paethongtan, in the mentioned shop in a relaxing mood. The lady said her friend was trying to take more photos of the ex-premier but had been obstructed by his guards.

18 May 2010 (NNT)

Cybercitizens have attacked former ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatara on web boards as photos of him shopping in France spread like wildfire on the internet.

The pictures, taken by a Thai expat residing in France showed Mr Thaksin shopping in a Louis Vuitton shop in France's upscale shopping avenue, Champs-Élysées. Mr Thaksin was seen to be smiling, in the store with his daughter Praethongtan Shinawatara. The photos were taken on 15 May 2010 and the National Broadcasting of Thailand (NBT) was the first to retrieve the images.

19 May 2010 (NNT)

and you are now saying that the photo and the 'news' about his shopping tour in Paris made it to the Thai TV, the newspapers and the internet 10 days ago was all well planned by Thaksin himself so that he has an alibi for the upcoming terrorism charges?

and you have websites? cool!!! have a link too? please post, i like lunatic conspiracy theories.

I like cats. Now that you are a born again internet believer suggesting we should just believe that which we read, from the very same article comes this----

Meanwhile, Mr Thaksin Shinawatara's financial accounts have been frozen by the Center for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) as he is linked to being a major funder of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) demonstrations in the Thai capital since late March 2010.

Good article or not?

:facedesk:

so what? talking now about something different?

my initial comment was on The Nation line that Thaksin had disappeared and that was the reason for the death rumours. BS, Thaksin was there, present with his facebook photos for example. But these photos were declared to the work of photoshop by those who believed Thaksin is dead or terminal ill or by those who wanted to believe, wishful thinkers or people who just spreading lies or making money with selling BS to believers and simpletons. it turned out that this rumour was BS.

Thaksin is alive and was shopping in Paris. Thaksin haters had a field day and twisted into their smear campaign.

and now you want telling me that all the silly rumors and BS stories are arranged by Thaksin himself.

but what has that to do that the CRES has frozen his bank accounts and accusing him of being a terrorist? That don't make any BS about Thaksin death or that arrange all the rumors believable.

btw. aren't Thaksin financial accounts frozen allready since the Junta government came into power with a putsch? or is that just another dirty trick of Thaksin just like the photo from the LV store?

Thaksin amended the Criminal Code while he was in power, purportedly to make it easier to deal with the yellow shirts' controversial anti-government activities. The new law listed action that affects state properties, disrupts public transport or causes serious damage to the economy, among others, as acts of terrorism. This means whereas the red shirts might be able to get away with the rally at Phan Fa Bridge, the occupation of the Rajprasong intersection borders on an act of terrorism itself, with or without the arson.

So it's completely Thaksin's fault that the red leaders are charged as terrorists. :D:)

I am not quite sure what point the Nation are trying to make here. The Army or Abhisit Government could presumably have altered the law in the time since the Coup. It's only approx 4 years.

The definition of terrorism in this article makes it pretty clear that PAD's seizure was an act of terrorism. 18 months and still not one arrest warrant has been issued. The investigation has been almost 100% complete for more than a year now.

I thought many of the yellow shirt leaders have already turned themselves into the police. Cases are in progress.

They did and are out on bail indefinitely. And if I remember correctly one is hiding outside of Thailand. Where are you Sondhi or have you come back?

So it's completely Thaksin's fault that the red leaders are charged as terrorists. :D:D

Lets not forget the Yellow Shirts shut down the airport in 2008, This disrupted the economy and also the transportation system. Where are the mass arrests from this. :)

What is good for one is good for the other.

Oh my, another one that can't read... What is the topic of this forum? "Replying to Thaksin Puts The Battle On World Stage." Not replying to what PAD did in 2008...

So it's completely Thaksin's fault that the red leaders are charged as terrorists. :D:)

I am not quite sure what point the Nation are trying to make here. The Army or Abhisit Government could presumably have altered the law in the time since the Coup. It's only approx 4 years.

The point is that Thaksin himself may be hoist by his own petard. He changed the laws that made exactly what he encouraged at Rachprasong illegal. Why change a law that seems decent? When a rally becomes an attempt to damage the country it should be illegal right?

Granted a rally that doesn't threaten the lives of people or threaten them with violence shouldn't be considerd terrorism, but it probably won't hold up through a trial on that basis. It will still make rallies like the one at the airport (probably) and the one at Rachprasong (definitely) illegal.

Thaksin hiring Robert Amsterdam was solely about putting Thaksin's twisted spin on things in front of the world. This is the second time he has used other people to spin things for him. the first being the PR firm he hired. The PR firm blew up on him when he lost the assets forfieture trial. Amsterdam has already blown up on him with the first interview with Al Jazeera.

The Suvarnabhumi seizure seems to have international terrorism implications, as do the attacks in the south that have left 3,400+ dead since 2004. What terms do they use to identify these two groups? If they are not identified as terrorists, what are they? If they are not identified as terrorists, is there a double standard?

Considering what was happening in Mumbai the same week as the Airport, it rather paled in comparison.

But what just happened in Bangkok does NOT. 1/2 Fewer deaths, but much, much more destruction.

I thought many of the yellow shirt leaders have already turned themselves into the police. Cases are in progress.

They did and are out on bail indefinitely. And if I remember correctly one is hiding outside of Thailand. Where are you Sondhi or have you come back?

You don't remember correctly.

Sondhi goes to his office daily and makes public comments less frequently.

They are not out on bail "indefinitely." They are out on bail until a verdict is reached. Trials take time. Trials with many defendants take more time.

Not so crazy action really, It say to Interpol why issue a Red Warrent I'm here for all to see, and for now it's working still no listing from Interpol that the thai goverment were shouting about earlier this week.

Global audience doesn't give a rats ass about Thaksin or his claims. In case you guys haven't noticed, there is a major environmental catastrophe in progress, and two nuclear powers seem determined to start shooting at each other. Thaksin doesn't even merit a blip on the radar. He is Thailand's problem, and they would be better off ignoring him completely.

I agree with SomTum, the only thing people want to know is when it is safe to come back to Thailand for holiday again. Thanksin is irrelevant to the outside world, the Thai government will have to figure some way to deal with him on their own.

Interpol may be wondering if this is the same Thaksin that was twice elected as PM by the very people whom he was allegedly terrorizing. :D

Yup. It's all pretty pathetic and will do not much more than cause yet another massive loss of face for the Thai government. :D

What happened to resoting normality and getting the economy and tourism back on track? Instead they yell 'terrorist!' at everyone. That does a lot for tourist/investor confidence. :)

Well we all know where most lawyers belong.

reminds me of that old joke:

what do you call 10 dead lawyers at the bottom of the sea? a good start!

Lawyers are often called solicitors.....just knock the "ors" off the end of the word and that is their true proffesion....then again some of us do know the odd good hooker

That's 10,000.

Why do they never bury lawyers at sea?

Too much respect for sharks.

Edited by animatic

Yes I had a few choice lines but was afraid to post them here. His lawyer seems to be on the run too. He started in Canada, then to the U.S. and now to England. Maybe Interpol should be looking into him also, You cannot post on his facebook page unless you are his friend and I doubt he has very many.

It was so cold last winter that I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets.

At a convention of biological scientists one researcher remarks to another, "Did you know that in our lab we have switched from mice to lawyers for our experiments?" "Really?" the other replied, "Why did you switch?" "Well, for three reasons. First we found that lawyers are far more plentiful, second, the lab assistants don't get so attached to them, and thirdly there are some things even a rat won't do. However, sometimes it very hard to extrapolate our test results to human beings."

I mean, please try and check the facts before posting, that way you won't impress people as being uninformed.

Edited by Jai Dee
Sanitized

Interpol may be wondering if this is the same Thaksin that was twice elected as PM by the very people whom he was allegedly terrorizing. :D

Yup. It's all pretty pathetic and will do not much more than cause yet another massive loss of face for the Thai government. :D

What happened to resoting normality and getting the economy and tourism back on track? Instead they yell 'terrorist!' at everyone. That does a lot for tourist/investor confidence. :)

The loss of face is solely on Thaksin's part. He is a leader, motivator and sponsor of an organisation that:

-attacked the Asean Summit

-rolled LPG tankers in the streets of Bangkok

-attacked the PM in his car

-attacked demonstrators (Yellows)

-killed demonstrators (Yellows)

-bashed a gay parade

-made death threats to a visiting PM (Chiang Mai)

-threaten to burn down the country

-question and insult royally appointed judges and councillors

-turned Bangkok in chaos last two months

-defied all government security measures

-burned down big parts of the city

-have vulgar language spewing leaders

And I am sure this list can go on an on and on.......

Thaksin is part of a terrorist organisation and is therefor a terrorist. Som na na!

:)

Let's see you have claimed today that the current government is illegitimate --- a lie that has been proven wrong so many times.

Now this --- even OBL could get elected by someone ...

Twice convicted is probably more important than the fact that Thaksin's party managed to get elected. That they cheated to do it thus making the idea of Democracy a farce AND he stated Democracy was not his goal ... well ....

The funny thing about putting it onto the world stage is that a global audience gets to judge.

Yesterday the reds riots were replaced on the news with the Jamaican government declaring an SOE with multiple deaths caused in order to arrest Christopher Coke (no that is his real name) at the request of the American arrest warrant. This man is wanted on drugs and arms smuggling charges in the US.

Small country trying to clear up drugs under pressure from the US.

Meanwhile, we have the BBC stating "And the Thai government has issued an arrest warrant on charges of terrorism against Mr. Thaksin Shinawat. He was deposed in a coup in 2006".

Small country with very serious interior problems with its democracy and an overactive army.

So tell me, which story do you think the worlds media is finding it easier to get behind?

After the reds last escapade, I would say that politically the Dems are now standing about well above Thaksin in the moral high ground stakes. The reds screwed the pooch 2 weeks ago, and finally after getting put in by army intervention and the such, the dems finally can point the finger at the outrageous reds behaviour.

They still have to get rid of Kasit though.

You are wrong. No offense meant but you are definitely wrong. I have said before that Thaksin is a part of an evil group of mad man who have billions that wants to establish a new ruling order in which they can control the businesses and crimes. One thing for sure, Thaksin has connections with arms dealer. The more chaotic Bangkok becomes, the more chances of the Domino effect to happen in Asia....starting with the KOREAS.

With the USA economy in dire straights. they need to sell more arms and bombs. To do that, stir and create chaos in other countries and sell guns and bombs afterwards.

You are still democratically elected no matter how corrupt you are and how much you buy peoples hearts, minds and votes?

The BBC and international media probably can't comprehend that someone could be so rich and powerful that they could totally corrupt the whole system. Thats basically what Taksin did. Thailand was his private conglomerate. The international media are only looking at the veneer, not the rotten wood underneath.

These postings always turns into a discussion about who did what between supporters of each side (red and yellow). As far as I can see of much more importance is the question, what will happen in the future. As I see it the deep split in the Thai society will just worsen and could easily turn into a civil war. This incidence is by no way the end to the problem. No matter who wins the next election the problem and maybe riots will come back. The question is therefore how to get the reds to accept that the yellow has the most power in Thailand. A massive development program in the North and North East could maybe calm dowm things. Industrial sites have to be allocated to the North, areas where industri are given favorable conditions such as lower taxes etc. Agriculture have to be developed, access to agricultural loans and subsidies made easier. etc etc. (for your info im not supporter of neither reds or yellows).