Saluting Thailand's Coolest Colonel - Colonel Sansern

webfact

Hagiographic pieces about senior army officers deeply involved in politics who has just overseen the deaths of many civilians tells me Thailand is still very much a banana republic.

I mean read the article, who wrote it? A 12-year-old girl?

What government/military ruler needs censorship when you have "reporting" like this? A complete waste of column space. The only thing it doesn't say is that he has lovely fair [white, if you must] skin.

Come on, TV, hardly a news clipping.

Don`t take life too seriously.... Thailand is getting back to normal and so are "most" of the peoples... obviously some still carry that chip... and do I see a Red Chip...?

Hagiographic pieces about senior army officers deeply involved in politics who has just overseen the deaths of many civilians tells me Thailand is still very much a banana republic.

I mean read the article, who wrote it? A 12-year-old girl?

What government/military ruler needs censorship when you have "reporting" like this? A complete waste of column space. The only thing it doesn't say is that he has lovely fair [white, if you must] skin.

Come on, TV, hardly a news clipping.

Since the crowds were dispersed from Bangkok, I've noticed an increasing tendency in the Thai press towards these sort of sappy, maudlin "salute" type articles, celebrating the virtue of the institutions and personalities prominent in the current regime. It's as if the regime is conducting a PR campaign to try to buff up it's image a little for the foreign press.

Well, who can argue with the author? The colonel does look like a cool customer, and I'm sure that the ladies fairly swoon over his boyish good looks. Those qualities aren't likely to be a hindrance in his career, but I'm not really impressed, especially when he's stacked up against men like the recently slain Saeh Dang, a man of power and privilege who put it all on the line for what he thought was right.

It didn't turn out so well for him, but I think he'll be remembered long after this colonel is forgotten.

Saeh Daeng did it for the money, simple as that........ his infamy will be remembered ...Not him.. who are we talking about..???

If you think the article is sappy, try listening to Thai pop music.

Current selections, particularly by male singers are variations of: wimpy, milchtoast, pantywaist, maddingly bland and the consistency of toilet tissue soaked in watered down cat's milk.