Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Hires War Crimes Lawyer

webfact

Quoting Thaksin's Foreign Minister as a credible source for truth. :)

SRJ, be careful in Thailand with its defamation laws.

Accusing others that which you are guilty of yourself. Neat trick you learnt from your master.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawyers are not known or normally recognized for their defense of the innocents, but some seem to have the perchance to represent people who are not accepted by that part of society and their peers who can see through the disinformation, smokescreen, and BS thrown out by themselves and their clients. Everyone is entitled to legal representation and those who represent the guilty (as per witnesses, irrefutable proof, etc will normally concentrate on a plea bargain etc.) Those that follow the Spin Doctor routine that seems to be a popular defense/offense are probably as egotistical, self servicing, delusional hypocrites as are their employers. The sad part is that the guilty parties they represent will more than likely get their just due, while those that are licensed to pollute the legal system will be allowed to continue their parasitic ways.

Just another group who if constrained/monitored by a nonmember, unbiased group could be improved several fold.

... the puppet master behind the proxy government responsible for the Rohingya and Hmong repatriation policies, ...

Would you care to explain?

As far as i know the ugly treatment of the Rohingya boat people happend under PM Abhisit. The 'repatriation policies' of the Hmong are agreements between the Junta Government and Leaders in Laos, Abhisits best friends.

Tak Bai, Krue Sae was an army job, the dissapearing people probably too, the same people who helped Abhisit last year with paper bullets and this year with killing terrorist in Bangkok.

How can anyone be seriously arguing over what each side has supposedly done or not done when they don't even have the basic facts? Maybe if you actually lived here in Thailand you'd at least get an appreciation for what is happening now, what has happened in the past and how it is interrelated.

We get all these clueless people coming on here spouting lies and distortions, thinking the Rohingya situation suddenly popped up one morning in January 2009, and the Hmong repatriation was planned later that year. News for you all, the policy to "dispose" of the Rohingya was made by the PPP government in 2008, as was the agreement with Laos to send back the Hmong. They were the policy of the Samak government, perhaps the only real policy that illegal puppet administration actually made, spending the rest of its time trying to bring back a convicted criminal, cooking up a storm, lying in court, and playing hide and seek with reporters and pro democracy demonstrators. The Abhisit administration had been in power for around a month when the Rohingya situation blew up, and dealt with it immediately. Who knows how long it had been going on for under the Samak and Somchai governments? To its shame, the current government did not halt the Hmong repatriation, but then, unlike the red side I'm not going to whitewash everything this government has done. However, there is no doubt whatsoever that the current government was honouring (if honour can be used here) an agreement made between the Laos dictators and the Samak government.

Nice try to back up your smear campaign, but the basic facts are the ones below, the agreement was made by the Junta government:

Back on November 17, 2006, the Lao government had closely coordinated with Thai police in Bangkok orchestrating a police raid targeting this group of UNHCR-recognized refugees. They were later transferred to Nong Khai immigration jail where they have lived ever since.

The group targeted includes witnesses of an April 2006 jungle massacre in which Lao troops reportedly killed 26 Hmong civilians. This is a very delicate matter with the Lao government who continues to deny that such attacks take place. This is due to the fact that these jungle Hmong are remnants of the CIA’s secret army who fought against the Lao communists during the Vietnam War.

On December 19, 2006, the Lao and Thai governments signed a bi-lateral agreement to deport these Hmong refugees back to Laos.
Although this would be in clear violation of international refugee law this is what the Lao government continually uses to justify their return to Laos, and that no third-party interfere in the matter.

On 18 May 2007, Thailand and Laos signed the Lao-Thai Committee on Border Security agreement which provided that Thailand will deport any Lao Hmong asylum seeker upon arrival.
On the basis of the agreement, Thailand deported 31 Hmong refuges to Laos on 25 May 2007, and 163 more on 9 June 2007. Neither the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) nor any international human rights organization has been given access to these refouled refugees. Hence, their whereabouts and conditions after refoulment are not known.

If human rights would be your concern you would be maybe better informed, but your interest are only propaganda and a hate campaign.

Good to see someone is doing something about making this government accountable for their crimes.

Thai people just don't need scum like him running the country.

very well said.....but sad to say many in this forum still do not believe that innocent civilians were killed by the Ahbishit army....

"Sad" sums it up. :)

+1

Exactly.

Sumefing tells me tis was someone elses army that might be responsible, so please deduct 1 (-1).

If human rights would be your concern you would be maybe better informed, but your interest are only propaganda and a hate campaign.

I call this insights, or is it a two way mirror u using?

Why u guys bring up those hr issues, when at the time this fugitive has handled any of these issues iron fisted-

it seems to me always like: "Well those too, look, look...they did it too...!"

simply to wash the blood off their very own hands - YUK!

It's HIS style, not style, but blunt "Shut up moves like: "The UN is not my father!" :)

Anything he does looks like a copy script from "The Art of War"....

turning the arrow around against those who fired it.... very movie like...

I wonder when this will backfire... maybe he is building his very own trap right now!

Trying to defend ones very own wrongdoings with that of others is pretty cheap and petty - isn't it,

but then has he ever had format or any style at all?

What should one expect of a former countryside projectionist turned a multi billionaire?

He may change his wardrobe, his image, buy Louis Vuitton bags for his daughter, wear Patek Phillipe watches and drive an Aston Martin - but the very INSIDE remains the same forever!

A sheep skin doesn't make a wolf a sheep - does it?

Edited by Samuian

Why u guys bring up those hr issues, when at the time this fugitive has handled any of these issues iron fisted-

It's HIS style, not style, but blunt "Shut up moves like: "The UN is not my father!" :)

I wonder when this will backfire... maybe he is building his very own trap right now!

Trying to defend ones very own wrongdoings with that of others is pretty cheap and petty - isn't it,

What should one expect of a former countryside projectionist turned a multi billionaire?

He may change his wardrobe, his image, buy Louis Vuitton bags for his daughter, wear Patek Phillipe watches and drive an Aston Martin - but the very INSIDE remains the same forever!

:facepalm:

Lawyers are not known or normally recognized for their defense of the innocents, but some seem to have the perchance to represent people who are not accepted by that part of society and their peers who can see through the disinformation, smokescreen, and BS thrown out by themselves and their clients. Everyone is entitled to legal representation and those who represent the guilty (as per witnesses, irrefutable proof, etc will normally concentrate on a plea bargain etc.) Those that follow the Spin Doctor routine that seems to be a popular defense/offense are probably as egotistical, self servicing, delusional hypocrites as are their employers. The sad part is that the guilty parties they represent will more than likely get their just due, while those that are licensed to pollute the legal system will be allowed to continue their parasitic ways.

Just another group who if constrained/monitored by a nonmember, unbiased group could be improved several fold.

pathetic rant against lawyers.

I think Thaksins life is a sad shame...

I knew him and his wife before they became interested in politics. Since getting involved in politics, his life has changed dramatically.. :)

Edited by LJW

The war on drugs allowed others to claim a huge slice of the drug trade far bigger and more valuable than they had before. The ramifications of the poltical allegiances of this are still felt today.

It removed some players and allowed others to take over the networks.

Ever wonder which uniforms the winners were wearing?

Ohh, the conspiracy experts and insider. What you say, is it possible that our hero Seh Daeng was killed because he knew so much about the War on Drugs

According to the court's ruling, Major General Khattiya,
better known as Seh Daeng
, has been sentenced to six months in prison
and fined 40,000 THB with one-year suspended jail term. He was accused of
defaming former National Police Chief General Sant Sarutanond
during the press interview by blaming him for the violence and
his involvement in the extra-judicial killings related to the war-on-drugs
in the far South in 2004.

s.

You complain about something which wasn't said. So we have a post from animatic and an answer from you which is totally disconnected. Interesting discussion that way. May I put in my 2-cents worth and suggest that if it doesn't rain it may be nice and dry?

Facepalm.jpg

pathetic rant against lawyers.

(Some, yes, and the good ones see through those who follow the spin doctor routine. Sorry if you felt I was ranting only about lawyers, I thought you would understand my broader reference (note spin doctor).

I just had the pleasure of writing to Prof. Knoops, the newest whore in Mr. Amsterdam's stable.

If anyone else would like to drop him a line, here is the link:

http://www.knoops.info/en/Contact/Knoops-P...rs-Lawyers.html

(Moderator, please delete my post if posting this link violates forum policy. It's a Contact Us form, not an email address.)

Amsterdam and Knoops authored an article for Fordham International Law Journal. May be the reason Robert A. asked Prof K. to help-out. Prof K. has controversial opinions, but should probably be seen as pushing for clearer legal rights and obligations. Like:

""The Ruling of the High Court at the Hague on the claim of the Srebrenica mothers again acknowledges the immunity of the UN as an international body in criminal and civil sense.

In the same vein, this begs the question as to whether it is now time to reform this UN system. In the absence of any (internal) form of judicial review on the conduct of the UN, world citizens who can become victim of UN operations which go against international law or are subjected to personal damage to be attributed to the UN, are without any legal recourse. Moreover, individual troop contributing States (to UN operations) can shield behind the immunity enjoyed by the UN. In a time frame whereby State immunities erase under ICL principles, this notion merits reconsideration. "

GJ Alexander Knoops Professor of international Criminal Law"

Not sure Prof K. will be of much help. He will surely discover the team he joined is paid for by some-one who may also warrent investigation.

I just had the pleasure of writing to Prof. Knoops, the newest whore in Mr. Amsterdam's stable.

(Moderator, please delete my post if posting this link violates forum policy. It's a Contact Us form, not an email address.)

1. Perhaps you'd like to share any response you receive from the professor.

2. Have any TV members been able to find any credible comments about the professors previous work? I tried but couldn't find any comments.

The Tak Bai incident is an event that occurred on October 25, 2004 in Tak Bai, Thailand, which resulted in at least 85 deaths.

Six local men were arrested. A demonstration was organized to demand their release and the police called in army reinforcements. After some demonstrators threw rocks and attempted to storm the police station, security forces used tear gas and gunfire in response.

--

Where you guys see 3000 deaths?

We were lucky, we didn't SEE it.

Depending on what sources you use you can get to

- 2500+ drugwar deaths

- 85 Tak Bai

- 32+ Krue Sae

Sad, but true and mostly ignored is that down south people are killed on a daily base. Some by terrorists, some by police/army. Try this as a starting point and venture from there

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Thailand_insurgency

Okay, but it's a bit confusing? When I read for instance on Wiki , stating: Police Commander Sant Sarutanond reopened investigations into the deaths, and again claimed that few of the deaths were at the hands of the police.

So this would have made the " Thai Army " done the killings.

But then a bit later I read: After the 2006 coup, the military junta ordered another investigation into the anti-drug campaign.The committee concluded that as many as 1400 of the 2500 killed had no link to drugs.

--

So basically I'm reading: Army investigates itself... " Amazing Thailand " ?

The UN has demanded an independent inquiry into recent unrest in Thailand, when more than 80 people were killed in clashes between security forces and protesters.

UN rights chief Navi Pillay said the guilty (Thai PM and generals) must be held accountable.

It will be comical watching him run from the international tribunal to come.

Hey--any of you working to post propaganda for this idiot PM? You too should quit or you will be risking the chance that you too will face the charges.

Reminds me of Serbia.

You should put a lot more logic into your words and check that in fact your not putting your foot in your mouth.

- "The UN has demanded an independant inquiry......". Well perhaps you could provide a link to this specific statement which would support your sentence / your claim in general, and would specifically support your word 'demand'.

- "UN rights chief Navi Pillay said the guilty (Thai PM and generals) must be held accountable." First you claim that the UN has demanded an inquiry, then you go right into a statement that there is already a speficic call from the UN for the Thai PM and the generals to be held accountable (in other words found guilty).

You write a load of untruthfull and divisive rubbish.

Great opportunity for lawyers. I imagine conversations go something like this:

TS: can we turn this into a war crimes charge?

shyster: may be, but it'll cost

TS: how much?

Snowball's chance in hel_l, fool and his money and all that, just wish I could get a piece of the action. Maybe I can paste together a pic of the PM with an inflatable doll or something and sell it to him.

You can bet these are not contingency cases, all cash up front, and a carrot at the end of the stick bonus if they succeed (just like he did to the poor b_astards he convinced to sleep out on the streets).

Maybe some sort of int'l lawyers association will name him patron of the year.

I see there are a few red supporters on this topic so I wonder if any or all of them would care to stop arguing long enough to answer a couple of questions on the following

1.56bn THB set aside to aid riot-stricken people

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the government are jointly providing 1.56 billion THB in compensation to the people affected by the recent Bangkok riots while the registration period will be extended for another week.

Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra revealed that 27,752 people have signed up for the aid provided to those stricken by the recent turmoil in the capital. Out of this number, 16,221 people are from Pathumwan District, 5,524 from Ratchathewi, 3,759 from Bang Rak, 403 from Sathon, 291 from Din Daeng, and 282 from Wattana. Almost 600 of the registrants are those affected by arson attacks.

Meanwhile, the office of Pathumwan District has decided to extend the registration period for another week.

The government will start giving 50,000-THB compensation to each of the affected people on 2 June while the 10,000-THB grant from BMA will be paid on 3 June.

In light of the above can you tell me how much the Reds or PTP have put aside to compensate those nearly 30,000 people who their rally, riots, whatever caused to lose their source of income?

I understand the palace has also paid for funerals and treatment of injured.

Have the reds PTP paid out anything to those unfortunate enough to be injured or the families of the dead?

I see there are a few red supporters on this topic so I wonder if any or all of them would care to stop arguing long enough to answer a couple of questions on the following

BANGKOK (NNT) -- The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) and the government are jointly providing 1.56 billion THB in compensation to the people affected by the recent Bangkok riots while the registration period will be extended for another week.

Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra revealed that 27,752 people have signed up for the aid provided to those stricken by the recent turmoil in the capital. Out of this number, 16,221 people are from Pathumwan District, 5,524 from Ratchathewi, 3,759 from Bang Rak, 403 from Sathon, 291 from Din Daeng, and 282 from Wattana. Almost 600 of the registrants are those affected by arson attacks.

Meanwhile, the office of Pathumwan District has decided to extend the registration period for another week.

The government will start giving 50,000-THB compensation to each of the affected people on 2 June while the 10,000-THB grant from BMA will be paid on 3 June.

In light of the above can you tell me how much the Reds or PTP have put aside to compensate those nearly 30,000 people who their rally, riots, whatever caused to lose their source of income?

Have the reds PTP paid out anything to those unfortunate enough to be injured or the families of the dead?

They didn't win so I doubt anyone's getting paid anytime soon.

Well in the context of

"Ex-Thai PM Thaksin Hires War Crimes Lawyer"

one should just look into HOW THOSE ARRESTED IN THE SOUTH DID ACTUALLY DIE!

Officially Mr.Thaksin, in his day's, referred to their deaths as:

"...they were weak from fasting!" (it was Ramadan)

( this is how he feels that the underprivileged and rural poor should be referred to?)

How many humans fit easily on to a "military truck?

Then how did they ALL suffocate?

why where the trucks "closed" - containers, how could they be so airtight that people in there suffocated?

Google doesn't forget:

The Nation, December 14, 2004

[As 2Bangkok.com correctly predicted last week in our review of the Tak Bai videos, the reasons for showing it or not showing them have more to do with local politics and the upcoming elections than with exacerbating problems in the south.]

...Army commander-in-chief General Chaisit Shinawatra said the footage was doctored to show security forces torturing people. The same doctored video footage had been shown in other countries...

Democrat Party spokesman Ong-art Klampaiboon said on Sunday party leader Banyat Bantadtan had asked Thanin to stop showing the VCD. Ong-art said the footage was real, unedited and not doctored...

The footage was what Thai television stations had recorded at the scene of the Tak Bai clashes but were afraid to broadcast, Chuan Leekpai, the Democrat Party’s chief adviser, said.

He urged people to separate national security from government security. “National security occurs when all sides speak the truth. The government should accept what really happened there,” he said. A tale of two newspapers: PM unhappy - December 12, 2004

The Bangkok Post article has the Democrats on the defense for showing the Tak Bai video. The Nation turns it around and has the PM under fire.

PM unhappy Tak Bai VCDs being shown - Bangkok Post, December 12, 2004

The Democrat party should consider the fragility of the situation in the deep South while distributing video CDs on the Oct 25 Tak Bai incident in its political campaigns, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said yesterday.

"I think many Democrat members are not happy about this. The way the the incident is being presented to the public on the VCDs is horrible. It could incite disunity among the people in the country. Saying that the incident was intended to destroy the Muslim people is too much," he said...

PM rapped for ban on Tak Bai footage - The Nation, December 12, 2004

Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s move to ban VCDs showing soldiers and police attacking unarmed demonstrators at Tak Bai was blasted yesterday by leading Democrat Party members and called into question by the Law Society of Thailand over its legality.

MP Alongkorn Pollabutr dared Thaksin to take legal action against fellow Democrat MP Thanin Jaisamut, who has admitted screening the video at a public function but denies suggestions from the government that he had tampered with it and was using it to stir unrest...

in this light it is very strange that his mercenaries now try to turn the tide against the democrat led government... VERY, VERY strange... I think!

The temple "shooting", the CNN Footage... the "Soldier" on the bridge... very, very strange!

And now his move to get Mr. Knoop and Amsterdam onto this and all of it before the IWCT ? - it could badly, badly backfire at Mr.Thaksin - and I hope it will!

‘’These murders were committed by the police; the policemen were the killers. Yet the government of Thaksin did not bother to conduct any inquiries,’’ Somchai Homlaor, a human rights lawyer, told IPS. ‘’Even complaints by the National Human Rights Commission were ignored. The commissioners submitted many reports on the ‘war on drugs’ to the Thaksin government and also to the United Nations.’’

What troubles Sunai Phasuk, the Thai researcher for HRW, is the line of argument Thaksin and his supporters are presently using to deflect the charges about his role during the bloody crackdown. ‘’Thaksin is asking for fair treatment and that he be considered innocent until proved guilty,’’ says Sunai. ‘’But when he was in power, he never gave his victims a similar chance to prove themselves in court. He ordered them to be killed.’’

The inquiry headed by the former Thai attorney general will help to shed light on another reality, too, Sunai explained during an interview. ‘’There is a need to change the perception in England about who the majority of those killed were. The majority was innocent people, not drug traffickers.’’

Source: RIGHTS-THAILAND:Thaksin May Yet Pay for Bloody ‘War-on-Drugs’ (IPS News)

And what Thaksin had to say?

When UN commission would dispatch a special envoy to gather information about the government’s policies on extrajudicial and drug-related killings.

“The United Nations is not my father.

Thaksin’s Memorable Quotes to Violence in Southern Provinces:

“Please don’t intervene. Please leave us alone. It is my job and we can cope with this matter. We are trying to explain this to foreigners. But if they do not understand or ignore our explanation, I don’t care because we are not begging them for food.” — [1 May, 2004], in a radio address concerning crackdowns on Islamic militants.

“Terrorists in the south are nothing but petty thieves”

“There are some who died because they were fasting, and they were crammed in tight.” — explaining the massacre in 2004 of 84 muslims crammed into military trucks

Someone gone completely silly?

Edited by Samuian

Amsterdam and Knoops authored an article for Fordham International Law Journal. May be the reason Robert A. asked Prof K. to help-out. Prof K. has controversial opinions, but should probably be seen as pushing for clearer legal rights and obligations. Like:

""The Ruling of the High Court at the Hague on the claim of the Srebrenica mothers again acknowledges the immunity of the UN as an international body in criminal and civil sense.

In the same vein, this begs the question as to whether it is now time to reform this UN system. In the absence of any (internal) form of judicial review on the conduct of the UN, world citizens who can become victim of UN operations which go against international law or are subjected to personal damage to be attributed to the UN, are without any legal recourse. Moreover, individual troop contributing States (to UN operations) can shield behind the immunity enjoyed by the UN. In a time frame whereby State immunities erase under ICL principles, this notion merits reconsideration. "

GJ Alexander Knoops Professor of international Criminal Law"

Not sure Prof K. will be of much help. He will surely discover the team he joined is paid for by some-one who may also warrent investigation.

Yes but if the distinguished ICL prof is worth even a buck and a moment of our time then he already knows the record of his extingished client Dr Thaksin. If GJ Alexander Knoops doen't already know Thaksin's rap sheet of the past decade I wouldn't hire him to fix a traffic ticket if I were a UN diplomat in New York City.

/snip/

SRJ, be careful in Thailand with its defamation laws.

How can a user that joined this late be an expert at finding an adversary of his that was banned many months before he 'joined'? Ah, the irony...

Rather unusual, isn't it? Not the first time Mazeltov has accused another user of being SRJ. Not to bad being able to identify a specific poster after reading only a "couple of forum post." Ironic to say the least. :)

I asked if you were able to explain. Looks like you are not, you just bring gossip talk to spin some propaganda here.

But i found a couple of forum post, all made by a banned poster named 'sriracha john', propaganda BS, that has zero credibility for me and i would be not surprised if you and that banned member 'sriracha john' are the same person.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Thai-Governm...t&p=3633886

• Like 1

Wake up ball park, Don't blame Thaksin for that. This is the governemnt officials in office. The current PM is just as guilty, he operates the same as Thaksin in that sense. He is the one who turned around the refuguees from Thailand and left them on a boat. In fact in a BBC interview, he made serveral racial statements that he thinks the refuguees should not be in Thailand because they are illegal immigrants. How heartless, MR. British educated PM. If he was running for office in Britain and made this statement he would not be in office. In fact, Thaksin was more foreign investment friendly compared the current PM and the red shirts with Sonithi, which he is very anti-foreigner.

Wake up ball park, Don't blame Thaksin for that. This is the governemnt officials in office. The current PM is just as guilty, he operates the same as Thaksin in that sense. He is the one who turned around the refuguees from Thailand and left them on a boat. In fact in a BBC interview, he made serveral racial statements that he thinks the refuguees should not be in Thailand because they are illegal immigrants. How heartless, MR. British educated PM. If he was running for office in Britain and made this statement he would not be in office. In fact, Thaksin was more foreign investment friendly compared the current PM and the red shirts with Sonithi, which he is very anti-foreigner.

i guess in your last sentence you mean the yellow shirts. But otherwise you are totally right with your comments.

What few marbles he hasn't already lost are surely cracked. The man responsible for mass murder during the war on drugs, Tak Bai, Krue Sae, the bird flu cover up, the disappearance of opposing lawyers, the murder of key witnesses against him, the puppet master behind the proxy government responsible for the Rohingya and Hmong repatriation policies, the caller for revolution, the pay master behind the threats to burn Bangkok down, decides to open a can of worms by investigating the current government of human rights abuses? Let's hope the government stop pussy footing about and abandon the Thai way of leaving your opponent some face. Let's hope they counter attack and show the world the real face of this monster before removing it completely.

I would have to agree with you; I also think it will be interesting to see how his supporters will act if he comes under fire. This whole situation has been difficult for me because I do sympathise with many of the rural poor's grievances' but at the same time see them being led by an immoral thug. I hope for their sake they are able to remove themselves from the yoke of this criminal (mastermind) and start to work towards equality in the right way.

An excellent analysis, mirors my own experiences and knowledge of the whole situation.

I've lived in a small village in Buri Ram for well over a decade, and made my first visit here over two decades ago. There have been some huge changes in the way people live, from no electricity, no paved roads, no cars, motorbikes or tractors, and buffalo being the main source of horsepower, up to the situation now where all these things are common. Most of them coming well before anyone had ever heard of Thaksin. Having said that, I do agree that the rural poor have had it rough and deserve better from life; the problem is that they continue to vote for the same corrupt old group and their proxies, following the "short term gain (from vote buying and handouts) is better than long term investment in the future" philosophy, a philosophy shared by many shop keepers here. Education is probably the answer, and is something that Thaksin made little impact on, having identified the "short term gain" philosophy, and so buying his popularity with handouts and loans. There are those who have managed to climb out of the poverty trap by their own hard work, giving their children a better education, getting them better jobs, using the extra money to get their own children, and younger siblings, even better education and so on. Ironically, many of these were adversely affected by the red protests, and the ones who had their own very small businesses in Central World and other burned out centres, continue to be so affected. It was aptly summed up by the daughter of a friend of ours from the village, who had worked her way through tertiary education and got a job with a foreign company before saving enough to rent a small space in Central Chidlom, only to have to sit and wait out the extended closure of that shop due to the protests. Her words were to the effect of "these people are content to sit around all day, taking handouts every election, making no effort to improve themselves, and now they take money from Thaksin to come here and ruin the lives of those who did make the effort to do something". The reds gave no policy, no idea of what they ultimately wanted if they had have gotten their demands, no suggestions as to how they would have improved the lives of those supporting them (and certainly not how they'd improve the lives of the many poor who didn't support them). They were a sham. A facade. A veneer thinly coated over the backdrop of one man and supported by his arrogance and the money he has stolen from the very same poor people they profess to be for.

Nobody reads what Mazeltov writes anymore - just ignore him and move on lol

:) OK, I can rest.

Please folks don't feed the troll.

Thanks for the tips.

you are funny scutaro, reminds me of someone else i know with a similar strain of humour.

welcome on TV board.

How much of the 1.56 billion will reach actual victims? Could this be construed as vote buying? Is it not the responsibility of individuals and businesses to insure their interests? Why would not insurance and unemployment cover these issues?

How much of the 1.56 billion will reach actual victims? Could this be construed as vote buying? Is it not the responsibility of individuals and businesses to insure their interests? Why would not insurance and unemployment cover these issues?

I am sure that Jatuporn would consider this as vote buying. First you terorize a city to a practical stand still and then you claim that very effort of the grovernment to resolve its citizens problems as forms of vote buying!