Nature

soohk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Migrating birds.There must have been thousands of them all over the sky not in one

big group but in many smaller ones such as this one.

DSC00190.JPG

Interesting. Were they all the same species of stork? Which direction were they headed? What sort of altitude? What time of day?

Migrating birds.There must have been thousands of them all over the sky not in one

big group but in many smaller ones such as this one.

Interesting. Were they all the same species of stork? Which direction were they headed? What sort of altitude? What time of day?

Appeared to be all the same species travelling from east to west at an altitude of around 30 metres (could have been more) at 6.40 am yesterday.

• 2 weeks later...

Common birdwing butterflies mating

Something is wrong, when the butterflies have more fun than you do. I think they have studied their Kama Sutra pretty well.

23183938134_f9b63fe169_c.jpg

23516345160_45749775de_c.jpg

23185232563_b68cea09e2_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: Graphic content below! (biggrin.png)

Just noticed another rack of bananas is ready for chopping down...

UzgWj8T.jpg

Now just have to wait for them to ripen...

ZKmlfzY.jpg

I'll let someone else chop down the old tree - my 9" meat cleaver is too damn unwieldy...

3LHnAIv.jpgohmy.png Ouch!

• 2 weeks later...

Incredible detail there FR,had a look at the original image on Flickr.Saw that ou were fully zoomed in on the 150mm.Was this image cropped also?

Yes. I could have filled the frame with it at 150mm if I had got close enough. This was the first "banker" shot; and then I got closer he ran away!

The 40-150mm is an amazing lens; and can focus very close, if you can get yourself close enough to the subject!

Archived