Royal Thai Police

sonnyJ

What is your experience of the Thai police?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe I should refrase.

Is there anything the loved Royal Thai Police could do even better? To improve it's efficiency and practices?

Frankly, I might feel satisfied if all their practices were transparent and open to scrutinity. The system does work smoothly in some regards, and the corruption issues are a societal problem, not simply a police problem. I think perhaps a middle path is a more realistic and pragmatic approach, with the best chance for further inprovement down the road...

Until then, the sooner you figure out which way the wind blows, the better. :D

Honestly, life here for a farang is sooo much easier than Thais in some ways, I feel. I don't feel much pressure to conform, generally, in society. When I say something stupid or against societal norms, I'm mostly forgiven with, "mai pen rai... Farang mai ru ruang" (I don't do anything as terrible as some folks here :D ) If you're Thai, they will criticize you severely to your face until you die for even the slightest social indiscretion, it seems...And, of course, I feel much less vulnerable to abuses by authorities than do many, if not most, Thais.. I feel almost invisible here, in that regard. People are always polite to me, and I merrily accept this facade as readily as most Thais, I suppose. Peacefull co-existence is a good goal in this society.

So far, in my experiences, if you keep your nose clean, don't mess with anyone, and seem polite, nobody will mess with you much, most likely. :D

Of course, sometimes shyst just happens.. :o