Jobs In Bkk, Or Another Nice Place, Please

:D Hi folks.

I spent 3 or more months in Thailand this year, and then moved to England. But I want to stay in Thailand! How is it for me, a Norwegian male, graphic designer, and web designer, with 10 years experience, -- to get a job in Bangkok or around?

I know I could go there and then find a job, but is it that hard to find something to live of, hopefully the leagal way?

I would like to stay there at least 5 years. My girlfriend had to go back, and I want to stay there too. England is to cold.

Please help! :o

a Norwegian male, ....... England is to cold.

Norwegian thinks England too cold??????????

Isn't that like a fish finding the sea too wet?

The best way is as you already stated. Go there and find a job. If you find one then the company will sort out your work permit and you can live happily ever after.

Why did you not get a job when you were there last?

Thomas ...apply for a multiple entry business visa at the Royal Thai Consulate Hull before you leave for Thailand. Hull is easy, and your job getting will be simplified if you have that visa.

That would make it easier but to obtain a business visa you need to have a vilid business reason....like a letter offering employment.

See link for requirements Thomas.

http://www.thaiinuk.com/nonimmigrant.html

I may be wrong but I don't think he has a job offer already.

But I would like to work with anything, and I do not require more than 20k BHT a month...
The problem is that you also want to live legal here; and that is going to require a salary higher than that to obtain a work permit.
My girlfriend had to go back, and I want to stay there too. England is to cold.

If your girlfriend "had" to go back are you sure she would welcome you here at a poverty level wage? It's your life but do be careful. Being from Norway am sure you know that there are a lot of fish in the sea. For most Bangkok is best for vacations.

Why did you not get a job when you were there last?

I was vacationing for some months, traveled around a bit too, then I used a month and a half, applying for jobs, online and in person, in Bangkok.

I see now that I should just stayed and got a job then, but I was worried about my income. I guess I will save up some money when I working in London, and then just go and have 6 months time to find a job.

Question asked about Norwegian thinks England (south London) is cold:

yes, but thats when its below 5 Celsius. And in the cold wind in January - Feb. I like sun and heat. had to much minus 20 in Oslo last year. brr.

My girlfriend had to go back, and I want to stay there too. England is to cold.

If your girlfriend "had" to go back are you sure she would welcome you here at a poverty level wage? It's your life but do be careful. Being from Norway am sure you know that there are a lot of fish in the sea. For most Bangkok is best for vacations.

smile. yes she is a good girl. a professional and working. She had to go back because of her Visa to UK ran out.

What U mean about 'at a poverty level wage? '

- - - -

I know that i am a young (handsome too, yes) man from Norway, LOL, (even the BG's say so, hehe) jokes aside.. and that there is probably alot of girls around the world, from countries like LOS, that would do a lot to 'catch me'.

But I found a special one. And my Teerak is not only interested in me because of my money. We lived together in Bangkok, I know her quite well. I am divorced from a Norwegian girl. I know the diference. I belive in here. If I go to thailand and run out of money, my Teerak will still be with me and feed me. As I would do with her.

Hi,

Remember my friend, NO MONEY - NO HONEY.

If you earn 20k bhat / month in bangkok , you will be at the lvel of poverty.

Many people in BKK are very wealthy. If you don't believe me, visit the Bangkok International Motor Show and check out the prices. 2m bhat is not unnussual for a car.

I heard Norway pays well. And they are probably less strict on Visas than the UK. Why would the UK govt do you a favor, and provide your thai gf with a long term visa?

What sort of professional is your gf? I bet that she will jump ship pretty fast if you are only earning 20k.

When I lost my job in Singapore, (an IT /internet job) my thai gf promptly dumped me and found a new farang (victim) to pay her loads of money and even rent a luxury condo for her in sukhumvit.

Before you decide to move to thailand, consider buying a property there.

This gives you a base and some security.

If you are so keen on your girlfriend, get married and settle down in norway or uk with her and get her a norweigan passport.

She will probably get alot in house wife benefits living in norway.

• 3 weeks later...
Many people in BKK are very wealthy. 

I heard Norway pays well.  And they are probably less strict on Visas than the UK.

What sort of professional is your gf?  I bet that she will jump ship pretty fast if you are only earning 20k. 

When I lost my job in Singapore, (an IT /internet job) my thai gf promptly dumped me and found a new farang (victim) to pay her loads of money and even rent a luxury condo for her in sukhumvit.

hi.

clear out something: My girlfriend is a Manager in a furnitures stor in Sukhumvit Soy xx, earning aproxx 10k B a month. I do work in my own company, but didnt work while I was in BKK. She know that I do not have a job. by now.

Not all girls looking only for MONEY ! (big bucks) Life is more than ££££. (we can make a tread about this thing if u like)

Norway is a member of the Schengen Cooperative. they are stricter than UK. she get 3 months visa.

---------------------- and:

but I sorted out everything. I fly my teerak into Norway this month, before x-mas, I got a nice job in Oslo. Yes norway pays well £££££££ . We will marry, but cant marry before the summer (divorcing in Norway). and yes Im that keen on my Teerak.

:o

so I will save up my money and move to BKK later. have to freeze my butt off every winter, the days I cant stay in Thailand.

-----------------------------

thanks mates - merry x-mas

Your girlfriend is a professional making 10G baht a month ( about 4 days of bar fine). I am sure she hit the

airport running and will not look back. One thing to remember, people that do not

know how to save money for the future do not normally do to well in business.

Good idea save some money get your life in order before you worry about the

GF professional. You have your own business in the west but looking for work at

20G baht in Thailand. Get your priorities straight Thomas. Love is blind, get thicker glasses.