Centipedes

Throatwobbler

The recent rain has brought out a couple of huge centipedes in our garden which our cats love watching and trying to play with. I know they can give us a real nasty bite, but are they dangerous to my cats?

I tried googling and all I could find was about smaller North America centipedes not the ones you get here.

I would guess that they are a danger to your cats.

I was bitten by a centepede, and it was very painful. (Much more so than a scorpion's sting.) The infection that followed was with me for months.A most unpleasant experience.

ตะขาบ

Dta-Kaap (bad translation for those interested)

Jay is classified as a Class Chilopoda are arthropods that are found in tropical humid Living on the land. Scolopendra heros Jay is the body length from 3-8 cm is the largest species Scolopendra heros length 80-10 "flat with the body segment 15-100 segment, each segment has a pair of legs separated from the head body. clearly have a double furnished with a double poison fangs, which adapted from the first segment of the body. Poison fangs connected to the poison gland. The bite victim will be injected with venom. The bite can be extremely painful. The paralytic Centipedes lay eggs in moist or plant grass. Take the time to grow 10 times longer molting adults aged 3-5 years during the day to hide in the cool shade under rocks and come out for prey at night. Eating insects as food. Centipede bite when Roy will find two hundred fangs. Manner as the bleeding area was limited direct toxicity of the centipede with inflammation. Pain, swelling, paralysis occupies the area that was bitten. Some may have allergies. Or anxious heartbeat, vomiting, headache, numbness is not a stroke may have been infected with the bacteria is limited direct complications. May burn in 2-3 days

Edited by sarahsbloke

ตะขาบ

Dta-Kaap (bad translation for those interested)

Jay is classified as a Class Chilopoda are arthropods that are found in tropical humid Living on the land. Scolopendra heros Jay is the body length from 3-8 cm is the largest species Scolopendra heros length 80-10 "flat with the body segment 15-100 segment, each segment has a pair of legs separated from the head body. clearly have a double furnished with a double poison fangs, which adapted from the first segment of the body. Poison fangs connected to the poison gland. The bite victim will be injected with venom. The bite can be extremely painful. The paralytic Centipedes lay eggs in moist or plant grass. Take the time to grow 10 times longer molting adults aged 3-5 years during the day to hide in the cool shade under rocks and come out for prey at night. Eating insects as food. Centipede bite when Roy will find two hundred fangs. Manner as the bleeding area was limited direct toxicity of the centipede with inflammation. Pain, swelling, paralysis occupies the area that was bitten. Some may have allergies. Or anxious heartbeat, vomiting, headache, numbness is not a stroke may have been infected with the bacteria is limited direct complications. May burn in 2-3 days

My wife tells me that in Isan centipedes are course for many amputation as bites doesn't get treated fast enough, but that could be just hot air. She is terrified of centipedes and anything that looks like it.

Here's a link to a previous thread about these critters. Thai Visa Centipedes

Centipedes are certainly nasty (though I don't necessarily buy the amputation thing), but they're also way too fast for cats - they were probably playing with these enormous millipedes, which are totally harmless:

http://www.life.illi...s/millipede.jpg

They were definitely centipedes. I'm not sure what you mean by them being way to fast for cats, have you seen how quick cats move.

Thanks for the other links as well people.