Scheduling An Appointment For Uk Settlement

Hi,

I've completed the application for my wife and her son online and tried to schedule the appointment at the following website:

https://www.vfs.firm.in/th-apptsystem/appscheduling/AppWelcome.aspx

However, although it clearly asks how many people are applying together, it only actually gives you the option of selecting 1 !! Secondly, under the Visa category option, the only available option is general.

This doesn't appear to be normal to me, but it might well be!

Has anyone else had any experience with this or could they please advise as I need to make appointments for 2 people. I'm guessing if I just selected one and my wife turned up with her application and her son's there would be a problem, but I don't see how I can get around it, without scheduling the interview twice which will mean two different dates possibly and two different times.

Thanks in anticipation

I've never used it myself, but yours is not the first report I've read of problems with the online system. It seems that, as is often the case, the British government simply cannot get it's IT systems right!

I suggest booking an appointment for your wife and then handing in her son's application at the same time. Should you get a jobsworth, then the worst that would happen is that they will make the boy wait in the queue of those who have not booked an appointment.

Alternatively, don't book an appointment at all and they both join the queue when they get there.

Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how long they would have to wait if they don't have an appointment; it depends on how many others are there as well. I've heard of people being in and out within an hour, but also of people having to wait all day.

Thanks 7by7. I'll schedule the wife's appointment under the general one. Her son is only 3.5 yrs old and as such he's not required tohave biometric testing or tb certificate so he won't be going anyway. So I'll just get her to hand in his application at the same time she goes.

Looks like you're right their IT systems are bad. I would have thought they would want to know in advance who is applying so they can have the completed application form to hand. Clearly, this isn't possible in this case (for him) and probably many others who make more than one visa application.

I would have thought they would want to know in advance who is applying so they can have the completed application form to hand.
She needs to print out the completed application forms and take them with her. See How to apply, Step 3.

Yes I realise that, I was more referring to them having the info at hand for themselves before seeing the applicant, i.e. being prepared

No need for any waiting at all. When you go to make the booking you are presented with a grid of available dates and times, much as booking a flight. You can easily pick a time which has a time before and after it and then submit the second application. If that cannot be submitted at the same time as the first one, you simply choose the time immediately after or before your original application.

Now of course you do not hang around in completing the second application but even if the times have filled up, you can alter the first time to match the now available second one. What you end up with is either 2 applications at the same time or 2 applications sequentially.