Thai Requiring A Visa To Visit Malaysia

In the link below, it indicates that no one needs a visa, and that everybody can get a 30 day visa on arrival.

Looking into traveling Air Asia and you have to actually clear customs there when only transiting, thus, entering the country.

Can anyone confirm that a Thai gets a 30 day visa on arrival into Malaysia?

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/tha_bangkok/requirement_foreigner

Thanks

National Thailand (TH) /Destination Malaysia (MY)in_on_no.gifPassport required.- Passport and/or passport replacing travel documents must be valid at least six months on date of arrival.Visa required, except for A max. stay of 1 month to nationals

of Thailand. Visa required, except for Holders of an APEC business travelcard. For details, click hereMinors:- Minors up to and including 15 years of age may be listed in an accompanying adult's passport. Additional Information:- Admission refused to foreign ladies in an advanced stage of pregnancy, For details, click here - Foreign nationals who have previously worked in Malaysia- Passengers must hold sufficient funds (at least USD 500.-), and: - onward/return ticket. - If not holding onward/return ticket, passenger will be requested to purchase one.Warning:- Passengers arriving with an invalid passport or travel documents may be deported to their country of origin at the transporting carrier's expense. - Passengers not complying with the entry regulations may be deported to their country of origin at the transporting carrier's expense.

http://www.delta.com...ation/index.jsp

Thanks 'old git', for anyone else interested for future searches, below is a link. Interestingly though, says you must enter via a airport if you follow through the little foot notes. This is reference to a 30day visa on arrival.

"1. All Visitors MUST ENTER Malaysia through Airports only." It says. I personally know Thai's who cross in land borders, but I really don't know what the visa status was.

Anyway Confirmed 30 days. (Unsure for land crossings). For me, I am looking at at airport anyway.

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requirement-for-foreigner?p_p_id=infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_struts_action=%2Finfovisarequirementforeigner%2Fvisarequirementforeigner_action&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_recId=468&_infovisarequirementforeigner_WAR_infovisarequirementforeigner5231_CMD=detail

• 1 year later...

Anyone have info if this info still current?

A Thai can enter with a passport, at any border for up to 30 days on a visiting / tourist pass?

And without a passport?

If entering as a driver of a truck, from Thailand, can they get some kind of working temporary permit for a few days?

Thanks,

TW

Edited by TigerWan