sbk

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ISSUE:

Noticed the green + signs have come back beneath each post. They still give the message "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" when clicked though. Also, if we're going to have the + icons, may as well being back the red - icons also.

Edited by dantilley

ISSUE:

Noticed the green + signs have come back beneath each post. They still give the message "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" when clicked though. Also, if we're going to have the + icons, may as well being back the red - icons also.

This post has been voted for.

Forum Issues And Suggestions - Thailand Forum - Page 11

And in the profile the user has "Reputation: 4"

Agree with the "-" part but give everyone with less than 500 post zero vote quota.

Edited by PoorSucker

ISSUE:

Yesterday I did a post.

Looked at "View new content", did not appear.

Search my posts, not there.

When back to forum and it was there.

Checked again today and it was in my content.

Is there a time lag for searches?

ISSUE:

I just managed to post this . It took something like 5 tries because I got logged out all the time.

Now I want to post an answer to this thread but every time I do, I get to the Thailand Forum -> Register page, regardless of if I am logged in or not

Today has been a pain actually. I have been kicked out so many times, tried to post and got to the register page nearly all the time. IE 7

Hi Mikeyidea

as reported, the board software doesn't support older browsers like IE 7 please upgrade your IE or try an alternative browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Cometbird.

ISSUE:

I just managed to post this Problems With Tones - Thailand Forum - Page 2.6. It took something like 5 tries because I got logged out all the time.

Now I want to post an answer to this thread Registration Form but every time I do, I get to the Thailand Forum -> Register page, regardless of if I am logged in or not

Today has been a pain actually. I have been kicked out so many times, tried to post and got to the register page nearly all the time. IE 7

And I got kicked out and had to log in again. I'm trying to say that the second link is wrong, that's why I get to that page. I have problems posting anyway, I am logged in now, it wouldn't surprise me if I get kicked out again now when I click post. But I'll be patient :)

ISSUE:

Yesterday I did a post.

Looked at "View new content", did not appear.

Search my posts, not there.

When back to forum and it was there.

Checked again today and it was in my content.

Is there a time lag for searches?

Will look into this. The search is done on a separate server, so I'll ask them to make it index new topics faster.

Hi Mikeyidea

as reported, the board software doesn't support older browsers like IE 7 please upgrade your IE or try an alternative browser like Chrome, Firefox, Opera, or Cometbird.

Nearly all expats are bound by company policy for which software to use on their work computers, in our company we call that DOE, Distributed Office Environment. I and most other expats cannot just change software as we want. Nor do we normally post during the evenings as we have familes to care for and children to bring up. Run a statistics on number of posts at different times before coming with hilarious comments like that

Arrogant response perhaps?

No. Just stating a fact. IE7 has issues with the forum. It is out dated and has succeeded by IE8.

That is arrogant because that should have been addressed in the testing environment. Find a solution for us working for companies with software policies, that's only the majority of your members...

No. Just stating a fact. IE7 has issues with the forum. It is out dated and has succeeded by IE8.

IE 6 is now very old and is no longer supported by Microsoft, but IE 7 is very much still a commonly used browser and not very out of date. I think, more likely, SBK was getting mixed up with IE6 and IE7.

Mikey i think here people is just trying to be helpfull toward your situation, try to take it easier and if you want to blame anybody at all then maybe you can have a chat with your boss? (but better to have a look at your employment contract first...), in the mean time, give a try to this thing as it might work for you, if not, just report whatever other issue you have (ie: no acces to usb ports) and i am going to find out something else if i can, good luck :)

Bring Your Browser on USB Drive With 8 Portable Web Browsers | My Tech Quest

As of now today

A number of pages say

'You cannot start a new topic'

other have the option 'Start a new topic' ?? :)

Still the Daily Posting does not take you to the topic I have clicked on ?

I use Windows 7 and Chrome, but is the same in Firefox

Mikey i think here people is just trying to be helpfull toward your situation, try to take it easier and if you want to blame anybody at all then maybe you can have a chat with your boss? (but better to have a look at your employment contract first...), in the mean time, give a try to this thing as it might work for you, if not, just report whatever other issue you have (ie: no acces to usb ports) and i am going to find out something else if i can, good luck :)

Bring Your Browser on USB Drive With 8 Portable Web Browsers | My Tech Quest

I am perfectly happy with being patient, that's a necessity for a peaceful life in Thailand. Root cause has been identified, and it was a simple mix-up between IE versions and version that most multi national companies use as part of their standard software package is supported. Good for TV. FYI - Multi national companies use standard software packages so that every computer in every country on every continent in theory should have the same problems, easier to maintain. It is not possible for just one affiliate to upgrade. Multi nationals also normally do not allow users to update the registry, install new programmes etc, and using a non-authorised programme, regardless of if it is from a thumb drive or not, is breach of policy.

If the problem hasn't been solved yet, then I am confident that it will. The new format is better than the old one, still a bit to go with stability issues but getting there

I took me five tries to get to this forum.

Always redirected to main forum page.

Tried to get to the last post of this thread five times without success.

Let's see if I can post.

"Go to first unread takes me to page 1 on this thread"

Now I can go to the last page.

Edited by PoorSucker

Mikey i think here people is just trying to be helpfull toward your situation, try to take it easier and if you want to blame anybody at all then maybe you can have a chat with your boss? (but better to have a look at your employment contract first...), ...

I was thinking the same. "familes to care for and children to bring up" but what about "job to do"?

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but since the forum upgrade, it no longer seems possible to have search results listed in chronological order by update time, despite this option being chosen. Instead, the search results are just listed in some random order, which is not as useful as having them listed with the most recently updated first.

Also, when posting a reply, the board states:

"Help with attaching files

Try our advanced uploader which supports multiple file uploading (modern browser required)"

However, the link for the advanced uploader appears to be incorrect and just takes you to My Controls:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/my-controls.html

Edited by katana

Mikey i think here people is just trying to be helpfull toward your situation, try to take it easier and if you want to blame anybody at all then maybe you can have a chat with your boss? (but better to have a look at your employment contract first...), ...

I was thinking the same. "familes to care for and children to bring up" but what about "job to do"?

Nope, the reason why I wrote what I did was that people here were NOT trying to be helpul toward my situation. Instead a poster from here suggested a solution that would cut of most expats, as they post from office computers which are not open to modification /workaround suggested (which I believe the poster didn't know by the way). ThaiVisa should be glad that IE version 7 is supported, for economic reasons, there are so many people out there who dislike using it but still have to...

george has already clarified that the recommendation I got was wrong, all is well and this upgrade is getting more and more stable. We're getting there

Soemtimes when I go to "view new content" I instead get a list of users with the options to view their profile.

Mikey, I seriously doubt most posters here are working expats. If posters are expats, shouldn't they be doing work instead of surfing and posting on a forum? I know if someone was working for me and bitching about a forum when they should be working, I wouldn't be too happy, unless that was his/her job to surf the forum.

Soemtimes when I go to "view new content" I instead get a list of users with the options to view their profile.

Mikey, I seriously doubt most posters here are working expats. If posters are expats, shouldn't they be doing work instead of surfing and posting on a forum? I know if someone was working for me and bitching about a forum when they should be working, I wouldn't be too happy, unless that was his/her job to surf the forum.

This happens when you look at a profile and then view new content.

View posts and you will see new posts.

SUGGESTION:

Flood control is great to stop double posts but not when searching. Remove flood control for posting

SUGGESTION:

It is sometimes better to be able to see posts and not threads when searching, I can't find a way to select to view actual posts instead of threads