Forum Issues And Suggestions

sbk

2 separate things and I didn't separate...

Post rating: I am all for this, negative rating could be used to vent some of that negative and reduce abusive posts, ThaiVisa's biggest problem IMO

Poster Rating: That's playing with fire, very heavily biased toward the positive and rating weight mainly on reputation and certainly not number of posts, 2,000 and 2 years

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The poster rating's always been there, though, just more hidden and, as far as I'm aware, seldom used. I agree with either making it more prominent, if the feature is to be kept, or scrapping it altogether - probably the latter for the reasons you mention here.

True - but it's better, surely, for a post to have a negative rating - which is nothing more than a number - rather than a whole torrent of abusive posts in reply to it, which is what is currently plaguing the forum. If people could use a "dislike" button for a post, they may choose to do that instead of venting, which may help cut out some of the negativity and vitriol which we're seeing so much of these days.

Most of the really abusive posters are social inadequates that would be laughed at in real life, but are anonymous here. They get a charge out of hurting other people's feelings and are not going to stop and use a ratings meter instead - they will simply use both.

What does get confusing is when decent posters respond to these losers in the same manner and other members do not realize that they were originally provoked. Of course it is better to just ignore the taunts and insults, but it is not an easy thing to just accept. :ermm:

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

RSS feeds are back

Thanks George and the crew.

I assume this means another patch has been received and installed.

Although I have had very few issues with the new forum, I hope you are well on the way to solving some of the other problems

Yes the osftware has been patched, and I think we have got around 90% of all issues fixed now. We are waiting for another upgrade, hopefully by next week.

Thanks all for your patience.

Btw, Thaivisa Member Poll - please login and vote:

Have you noticed that Thaivisa is now much faster to load?

When I try to access "My Gallery" I get logged out and have to log in again.

Most of my pictures are not there.

If I try to edit a picture, i.e. to replace it with what should be there, I get logged out again.

If you paid for this "update", george, I hope you get your money back.

That has been reported in another topic plus I reported it in the mods forum as it also happened to me. It is a known bug and an update is due soon as George mentions above.

That has been reported in another topic plus I reported it in the mods forum as it also happened to me. It is a known bug and an update is due soon as George mentions above.

Thanks.

If I try to disable 'Comments' & 'Friends', I get the following message:

"Location: The data you entered exceeds the maximum allowed"

See the attached pic for details.

post-22191-017300300 1277651340_thumb.jp

Regarding Notifications, 'inline notification' should be 'online notification'.

Edited by elkangorito

Yes the osftware has been patched, and I think we have got around 90% of all issues fixed now. We are waiting for another upgrade, hopefully by next week.

Thanks all for your patience.

Btw, Thaivisa Member Poll - please login and vote:

Have you noticed that Thaivisa is now much faster to load?

http://www.thaivisa....faster-to-load/

I appreciate that you've been working hard to get the software working George. I'm not sure if 90% of all problems are fixed or not but the two biggest problems I see still persist. There's still about 1/3 of the screen being used for posts of zero value and even more serious is the photo thing. If you click on a photo you can no longer read any posts. Not only that but it takes f'ing forever for the f'ing photo to load. Not only that but you can't resize the photo so you can actually see what someone intended for you to see. And if all that bullshit weren't enough, if it's a big photo file you have tpo search all over for the f'ing close X thingy. For the love of God George, please4 get rid of this new photo software and go back to the one that everyone was happy with.

We are waiting for a software upgrade. Very soon.

George, can you tell us what are the various software packages that make up this web site (eg. the forum software, the photo software, etc. )

Maybe it's all one package - I don't know.

And also can you tell us the suppliers of this software - is it still "Invision" or have you changed?

Issue:

Was looking at New Content - went to look at the post 'Airport Link' - wanted to return to New Content - was signed out. After signing in again truied to access New Content - but its empty - no post at all! Already the second time this happened today - both times after exiting this Airport Link thread. Using IE7.

Hi

When I typed a post today I spaced it in paragraphs so it was easy to read, but it just added html tags and posted it out in one block. I tried re writing the post in Wordpad and it posted in one block of text with no paragraphs.

I am using google chrome as my browser

Thanks

Just informing that the emoticons function isn't/wasn't working just now: they simply don't show:

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__3721645

LaoPo

Emoticons still don't show. The space where they're shown is completely empty; is this a known problem?

Edit: they were there until 2 days ago.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Just informing that the emoticons function isn't/wasn't working just now: they simply don't show:

LaoPo

Emoticons still don't show. The space where they're shown is completely empty; is this a known problem?

LaoPo

Click on the smiley icon between the list and the link icons, below where you change font and size and they come. Don't ask me why but it works :) :jap:

LaoPo

LaoPo

May be a browser cache issue. Clean your cache/internet files and restart the browser.

Cheers

LaoPo

LaoPo

May be a browser cache issue. Clean your cache/internet files and restart the browser.

Cheers

Still nothing happened.............. but followed MikeyIdea's suggestion and it's working now; they're all there again... :P

LaoPo

Now I also face the same problem about constantly being logged out. Whenever I click on a link in a notification e-mail I have to log in again!

This goes for all browsers (IE6, IE7 and Chrome).

The only way I can avoid it is by opening the main forum page, log-in there and minimize it.

Then work my way through the links in the various e-mails in new windows.

Is there a solution on the way for this problem?

opalhort

Now I also face the same problem about constantly being logged out. Whenever I click on a link in a notification e-mail I have to log in again!

This goes for all browsers (IE6, IE7 and Chrome).

The only way I can avoid it is by opening the main forum page, log-in there and minimize it.

Then work my way through the links in the various e-mails in new windows.

Is there a solution on the way for this problem?

opalhort

Just delete your forum cookie in the browser, and login again. That would fix it. Sometimes cookies get bad.