Iphone 4 Discussion

TheLaughingMan

Hi

Yes sure buy a phone and start wrapping it up because it dont work, great <_<

would also like to hear why 3G dont work when upgraded, did they not try first?? well maybe not must be a lot of people out there with a lot of 3G phones not working very well, good on you Apple :angry:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like you most definitely want one of those Apple bumpers for the iPhone 4.

Here is a whole page of videos where people can get their reception to drop by holding the iPhone in such a way the antennas get connected and lose signal. It has something to do with the fingers making a connection between antennas, and probably depends on how "conductive" your body is.

iPhone 4 Loses Reception When You Hold It By The Antenna Band?

The Apple bumpers are a protection for the antenna band around the phone and prevent the problem. Some electrical tape would work too of course ;)

Doesn't deter me from buying one... but I can't see how Apple could possibly fix this without changing the design of the phone.

Duct tape.  :)

Yeah, I'll still get one nevertheless. And I like mine naked. I just hope we don't have to use our thumb and pinky finger holding it.  :annoyed:

There's a glimmer of hope that the lot we get in MBK will be ok with our Thai RF signals.  :jap:

Apple will have to fix this. Bad publicity, even the BBC reports. Also I imagine this would be a real-world problem, imagine you're on an important phone call juggling your phone around - as you do - and suddenly the call drops. No thanks. But I'd not say the iPhone 4 is broken - I'd say it needs the plastic bumper that Apple sells. That's all.

I am sure they'll fix it, it just won't look as pretty as it does now. They'll have to cover some bits with plastic, I think.

I don't think any will be in MBK for some time to come. People are in massive lines to get one in available countries.

Oh, they'll be in MBK. For a price. :)

All I can say is patience. I'll wait 2 months to get one. Or four. The scary thing is I am thinking about getting one for the wife, one for mom back home, and one for my brother. I want to use facetime. This is going to be expensive....

I don't think any will be in MBK for some time to come. People are in massive lines to get one in available countries.

Oh, they'll be in MBK. For a price. :)

All I can say is patience. I'll wait 2 months to get one. Or four. The scary thing is I am thinking about getting one for the wife, one for mom back home, and one for my brother. I want to use facetime. This is going to be expensive....

Hi

One for me nikster, i wanna see you :D

I will wait as well,and now Apple is making there own plastic/rubber cover, did they know about this in the first place? i think there will be a lot of recall in the coming weeks. it just keep coming in have a look.

* Makes sense now, since Steve couldn't load any web pages at the keynote. He was holding the iPhone with his left hand!

* I've heard that you can now pre-order iPhone 4L (L for Lefties) at your nearest lefties store.

* Obviously there're no left handed Apple employees!

* That's actually a feature. It's a faster way to end a call while you have it up to your face.

* Suddenly that 'creative' way to use an antenna isn't so creative.

* This is a tactic to get people to buy a rubber case or Apple-branded rubber gloves.

* I've heard they have made some cheeky business deal with glove companies.

* Everyone better join the line for getting their iPhone fixed. Don't forget your tent!

* Apple will now sell and market the "iSignal", an anti-conductive hand cream.

* The workaround is to not touch your iPhone.

* At least it is not AT&T anymore that drops your call!

* This changes everything to the right hand. Again.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-4-problem-2010-6#ixzz0rvNkSVJw

http://gizmodo.com/5572947/if-you-have-these-iphone-4-problems-you-should-exchange-your-phone

http://www.inquisitr.com/76889/iphone-4-problems/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Inquisitr+(Inquisitr%3A+All)

I am guessing at least another 2 weeks before they hit MBK. Apple announced they sold 1.7 million of the things already. I am thinking buying in any kind of quantity won't be easy for a while. Sure there may be one here or there before that but I am talking before they are truly easily available. Even then as Nikster mentioned they will cost a fortune.

I am guessing at least another 2 weeks before they hit MBK. Apple announced they sold 1.7 million of the things already. I am thinking buying in any kind of quantity won't be easy for a while. Sure there may be one here or there before that but I am talking before they are truly easily available. Even then as Nikster mentioned they will cost a fortune.

Correct, despite all the critics, the iPhone 4 is the most successful launch ever sold in such a short period:

Apple boasts 1.7 million iPhone 4 sales

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65O6FE20100628?feedType=nl&feedName=usdai

LaoPo

I really wish people would just listen to all these problem reports.

Then I could get one sooner :)

As it is, I think the techie-forum crowd has just been massively out-voted. By 1.7 million wallets. That's a crazy number.

Hi

So you guys dont think there is a problem?? or just dont care because its an iphone??

You want me to say "YES!", don't you.  :P

Seriously, I don't give a hoot if this is an Android, a BB, a Nokia or an iMobile. Every phone has it's own problems and it may affect some or most phones with the same model. There is no smart phone to date that doesn't have it's own share of "cons". It's all just a matter of you accepting to live with them.

If this is a problem that affects 100% of the units, then I will be concerned. The fact that there are numerous reports that this antennae problem is not affecting them says something. And because Apple is confirming that they're working on the problem could also mean that by the time MBK will get their own share of the phones, this is not an issue anymore.

Nevertheless, it might be a problem for us. But there's no way of knowing until we cross that bridge, is there?

You're asking if we "don't care"? Take a guess.

Hi

So you guys dont think there is a problem?? or just dont care because its an iphone??

You want me to say "YES!", don't you.  :P

Seriously, I don't give a hoot if this is an Android, a BB, a Nokia or an iMobile. Every phone has it's own problems and it may affect some or most phones with the same model. There is no smart phone to date that doesn't have it's own share of "cons". It's all just a matter of you accepting to live with them.

If this is a problem that affects 100% of the units, then I will be concerned. The fact that there are numerous reports that this antennae problem is not affecting them says something. And because Apple is confirming that they're working on the problem could also mean that by the time MBK will get their own share of the phones, this is not an issue anymore.

Nevertheless, it might be a problem for us. But there's no way of knowing until we cross that bridge, is there?

You're asking if we "don't care"? Take a guess.

I guess not, its Apple for the fan, nothing wrong, just some minor adjustment..... BTW just go buy one now, its in BKK right now

Hi

I went to Big C here in phuket, they have all the phone boot in the basement, i asked the same guy i got my HK 3G model, he told me if i wanted a 16GB iphone 4 he could get it for me tomorrow from BKK, so they must be in BKK, and i did not ask the price i dont care right now, waiting a few months until they find out why it dont work.

my friend's brother sells phones at MBK, iphone 4 right now sells for.... wait for it..... 60000B..... its kind of rediculous but not surprising since they're a shortage right now. ps. dont kill the messenger :whistling:

my friend's brother sells phones at MBK, iphone 4 right now sells for.... wait for it..... 60000B..... its kind of rediculous but not surprising since they're a shortage right now. ps. dont kill the messenger :whistling:

Lol... thanks for sharing the info tho. Anybody who's doing window shopping in MBK these days please share your findings.

I bought yesterday a Iphone 4 16 GB via the UK apple website for 23000 Baht. :)

Luckily a friend of mine is coming to Thailand is willing to take the phone with him.

No way I’m paying 60000 Baht for a Iphone. :angry:

It is a good phone but not that good.

I bought yesterday a Iphone 4 16 GB via the UK apple website for 23000 Baht. :)

Luckily a friend of mine is coming to Thailand is willing to take the phone with him.

No way I'm paying 60000 Baht for a Iphone. :angry:

It is a good phone but not that good.

Shame about the 3 week ship time worldwide from Apple now. Wonder if thats due to demand or hardware modification... :)

Madness but can't say I'm surprised lots of the auctions I had been watching on eBay had been refusing to ship worldwide those that will ship overseas fetched over £1000 in most cases. I just don't see how mbk would be able to source the iphone 4 in great numbers.

Well all I can say is it's worth the wait I've been in love with my 3G for over two years but I would hate to have to back, the 4 is great, the screen is so clear in comparison with the 3G/3GS. I'm going to have a play with the HD video over the weekend.

Prices I got today from MBK:

UK sourced factory unlocked:

16GB 55,000

32GB 65,000

Enjoy! :)

What do you mean by UK sourced factory unlocked ?

All iPhones are made in China (under the umbrella of Taiwan's producer Foxconn; under strict control of Apple of course)

LaoPo

of course they are all built in china but with country specific firmware and basebands.

by sourced i mean purchased in that country:

US purchased phones are locked to AT&T

UK phones are sold factory unlocked if purchased from apple store.

French phones are also factory unlocked.

MBK is selling UK purchased iphone 4 factory unlocked at those prices.

Edited by negreanu

of course they are all built in china but with country specific firmware and basebands.

by sourced i mean purchased in that country:

US purchased phones are locked to AT&T

UK phones are sold factory unlocked if purchased from apple store.

French phones are also factory unlocked.

MBK is selling UK purchased iphone 4 factory unlocked at those prices.

Thanks for clarifying.

Baht 65K ...? that's US$ 2,000 for a 32GB wow!

LaoPo