Kajonkietsuksa School

ilyelol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there's no perfect school in phuket?

Kaja has no swimming pool or sports..

Headstart has too many hooligan and bad thai class?

other schools are run down?

Yes everything is not perfect here.

(aside) <deleted>?!

If you want your child to be taught under the 3 tenets of the Thai Education System - Nation, Religion, Monarchy - send them to a Thai Government School, teaching the Thai Curriculum, such as Kajonkiet.

If you want them to be able to point to where France is on a map, know that George Stephenson built the first railway line, and that winning lottery numbers cannot be predicted, send them to an International School.

You should note the following, which was the start of a recent TV thread. For me, the most remarkable thing about this is that they've admitted to it!

BANGKOK (AFP) -- High school test results in Thailand have revealed a failure rate of more than 80 percent in mathematics, biology and computer studies -- among the teachers.

The failure rates for teachers who took exams in their own subjects were about 88 percent for computer studies, 84 percent for mathematics, 86 percent in biology and 71 percent in physics, the education ministry said.

And almost 95 percent of about 37,500 secondary school directors did not score a pass mark in English and technology, according to the ministry.

The poor results have ignited controversy in Thailand about educational standards.

"Even teachers fail, so how can we raise the quality of students?" Education Minister Chinnaworn Boonyakiat was quoted as saying by the Bangkok Post newspaper.

More than 84,000 teachers and school directors took the exams, the first of their kind.

actually statistics like that are even worse in western countries.

I doubt kajon does not teach you world geography and anyways, that kind of thing is learned at home. I live pretty globally, i doubt an international school can teach him more than me culture wise.

GCSE studies have started at Kajonkiet for M3 and upwards. Now, if they can only get the text books delivered on time. As of today, the Biology book arrived late last week. The rest still on a ship somewhere.

Kajonkiet has its good points. Mainly, air conditioning and some of the farang staff have been there for ages. But a very high percentage that are there have not been there for one full year. And therein lies the problem. Trust between students and teachers is paramount. But when they change midterm or after the first term, that creates problems.

One health issue to talk about is going to the toilet. Some teachers do not allow the K students to wear shoes in them. Countless stories of kids coming home with wet socks.

Otherwise, it is a better school than a govt. school.

Darasamooth (Darasamut) has a newer EP program but it tried to copy what Kajonkiet did and it failed. Again, turnover rate is way above average.

Thai Hua has some strange partership with a company out of Hua Hin and the farang head teacher there has been there for years and does nothing. The kids I tutor from there (Matayom level) have virtually zero English and the teachers "correct" the notebooks by a red check mark, without reading the notebook! That school needs a serious wake up call in the English department. The ethnic Chinese teachers there have more energy and are actually nicer to be taught by than the Hua Hin bunch.

QSI and Headstart have all grown exponentially and are a cash cow for desperate farangs and hi-so Thais worried about the Thai school system and these schools use that to raise fees and nickle and dime everyone. But they are better than the run of the mill Thai govt. school, I suppose. Less canning, anyway.

Source please ?? Which western countries have worse stats than 80% failure rate in their own subjects ??

Or just making stuff up to fit your viewpoint.

I thik maybe OP should look at British School, PIA or QSI since he wants to mix with the "best". Personally I think Kajonkiet is fine for young students, but as noted by previous posters, it is lacking in a sports field and parking is very bad during peak hours, Hopefully the new location will address these issues.

If you want your child to be taught under the 3 tenets of the Thai Education System - Nation, Religion, Monarchy - send them to a Thai Government School, teaching the Thai Curriculum, such as Kajonkiet.

If you want them to be able to point to where France is on a map, know that George Stephenson built the first railway line, and that winning lottery numbers cannot be predicted, send them to an International School.

You should note the following, which was the start of a recent TV thread. For me, the most remarkable thing about this is that they've admitted to it!

BANGKOK (AFP) -- High school test results in Thailand have revealed a failure rate of more than 80 percent in mathematics, biology and computer studies -- among the teachers.

The failure rates for teachers who took exams in their own subjects were about 88 percent for computer studies, 84 percent for mathematics, 86 percent in biology and 71 percent in physics, the education ministry said.

And almost 95 percent of about 37,500 secondary school directors did not score a pass mark in English and technology, according to the ministry.

The poor results have ignited controversy in Thailand about educational standards.

"Even teachers fail, so how can we raise the quality of students?" Education Minister Chinnaworn Boonyakiat was quoted as saying by the Bangkok Post newspaper.

More than 84,000 teachers and school directors took the exams, the first of their kind.

See I'm not sure you actually know what it's like there, remember that the Farang teachers are the class tutors and the school day revolves around them. Each class also has a Thai and a Filipino teacher, which for me is actually a nice mix as I think the Farang, Thai, Filipino mix is actually quite interesting and diverse. Also it's a private school with 3 tranches, Thai programme, ESC Programme and the English Program. The difference being costs, amount of English tuition and class size.

My daughter has yet to bring home any sort of 'Thai' brainwashing revolving around religion or nationality, However they do stress manners, which again I'm a fan of - I've seen some horribly rude children from the more expensive schools.

My gripes if any with Kajonkiat are that there isn't a lot of parent interaction, after school activities etc... It's quite Academic, for example my daughter went from speaking a few English words to being able to hold a full conversation within 3-4 months of attending at 2.5 years old.

We will see what they do with the new campus and IGCSE curriculum, it's my preferred curriculum but if they rise the prices significantly then I will look at the other options, even if it means more money.

When is this new curriculum expected?

I couldnt careless about sports day or whatever sport/school mix.. Most schools only have those to make the have-been parents feel that they're still in this world.. Kids who like a certain sport will meet up after class or on weekend to play those.. those who don't wont be forced into them.

surprised i couldnt find it on any thai site or google.

Will look into it.

Although im quite worried. I have met quite a few british people in the last years in phuket.. none were educated or pleasant.. im quite scared of those school because of that.

And how come they have 3 terms per year? british study more than americans?

Here we have 1month off in the winter and 2-3months off in the summer and a couple days here and there

My daughter goes to QSI ( American ciriculum) and went to Dulwich (BIS) QSI is 185 days BIS is about 170 days/year in three terms

Loom at the new PIA school out towards the airport as its British education and the place is amazing and they ware waiving depsosits and such (where as BIS it will cost you over 300,000 baht just to get them in)

BIS $14,000 or so ( seondary)

QSI $11,000

PIA $13,000

K jet is about 120,000 baht ( $3,500 or so) or so now BUT its BI-lingual NOT international which is same as headstart, ( not an international school) plus headstart is not accredited yet as they are new.

PS: Look into Satree School in Phuket, they now offer a english program and its the best Thai school on the island. Makes Kjet look like......

Source please ?? Which western countries have worse stats than 80% failure rate in their own subjects ??

Or just making stuff up to fit your viewpoint.

Oh please do pay attention old chap...the source is from a country called 'Pretty Globally' where the geography syllabus is learned at home...:D :D ..sure saves on them thar hefty International School fees...:)

My daughter goes to QSI ( American ciriculum) and went to Dulwich (BIS) QSI is 185 days BIS is about 170 days/year in three terms

Loom at the new PIA school out towards the airport as its British education and the place is amazing and they ware waiving depsosits and such (where as BIS it will cost you over 300,000 baht just to get them in)

BIS $14,000 or so ( secondary)

QSI $11,000

PIA $13,000

K jet is about 120,000 baht ( $3,500 or so) or so now BUT its BI-lingual NOT international which is same as headstart, ( not an international school) plus headstart is not accredited yet as they are new.

PS: Look into Satree School in Phuket, they now offer a english program and its the best Thai school on the island. Makes Kjet look like......

My understanding is that PIA is still only half built and that they are struggling to get enough children enrolled meaning that at present class year groups are having to be mixed.

We thought hard about switching to the Kajonkiet school for our 5 year old son.

Seemed like a factory to us.

It was hard to get answers to questions.

Class size was big (especially compared to Montessori, where he is now enrolled)

Maybe it just didn't seem like a friendly enough place to enroll our happy boy. (he seemed the happiest one there)

He loves Montessori and we are quite happy with the location, class size, teacher, and the whole concept of teaching kids to have an open mind.

Of course at that age, perhaps he loves it because he likes his classmates/teacher and doesn't understand that he is being taught a different way.

But, we like how he now cleans up after himself, is proud to do things by himself, is respectful, is already learning to read/write, and playing tennis.

I'll have to check out Satri, hopefully it has a smaller class size than some of the others we checked out.

satree isnt a cheap public school? I always see drunks getting their kid in beatup cars there.

Satree is a highly respected government high school for girls although they do accept some boys. Every year there are always many more applicants than the school can accept. It has a long tradition & members of the royal family visit at least once a year to follow up on their garden project. In over 3 years of picking up my kids there I never once noticed any drunks in beat up cars collecting their kids. The rates are very cheap, only about 2,000 Baht per term but the class sizes are rather large. The English programme is 25,000 to 30,000 per term.

• 1 month later...

satree isnt a cheap public school? I always see drunks getting their kid in beatup cars there.

After reading through all of the posts I think that you should enroll in an English class, your grammar is appalling :annoyed:

After reading through all of the posts I think that you should enroll in an English class, your grammar is appalling :annoyed:

Well, there are native English speakers here on the forum making all kinds og grammar and spelling mistakes.

Easy to pick on a non-native speaker.

no i have perfect grammar, well i know my perfect grammar but i stopped using it because ive found out that people who come to my country dont even try to speak my language(even the immigrants).. so why would i burn my brain cells trying to remember every single grammar rule that i have learned? As long as im understood, its fine.

Also living in thailand as given me a ton of bad automatism.

anyways... people with accents and weird english always get the girls on tv shows.. must be true

With regards to Kajon and their newly acquired idea of offering GSCE classes. The teacher who was to run the program and brought it to Kajon, is now leaving next month. It will be run by Nong, the boss.

Kids still getting sick from shared toothbrushes (all are thrown in one basket for the teacher to eventually clean them).

A govt school is much cleaner.

With regards to Kajon and their newly acquired idea of offering GSCE classes. The teacher who was to run the program and brought it to Kajon, is now leaving next month. It will be run by Nong, the boss.

Kids still getting sick from shared toothbrushes (all are thrown in one basket for the teacher to eventually clean them).

A govt school is much cleaner.

is this reliable? on thai sites even farangs say this school is awesome

I dont really care what program they run, as most of that is learned in life and throughout school goes 100% in hand with what is taught at home.

Everything i remember from school is stuff that i discussed or watched on tv in my youth.

Whats important is how well the kids are taken care of and how good of a work ethic they are being taught.

As much as I try to say something very good about KG school is hard, This is true, what I am going to tell you is true, Ask King Nong, my Daughter was 15 at the time, If they the kids took there Phones to School they had to leave it with the Teacher that was fine, untill we got a call to go and see king Nong he had looked at all the pictures on her phone and there was one of a boy at Land and House swimming pool in his swimming trunks he Nong said this was not allowed that she had this sort of things on her phone, About six mths later he the K called us again and told us that she was seen with her friends in Boys company in central and if she was seen again she would have to leave the School, going back to when she was just thirteen years old she was caned on the behind by a Thai Teacher for not finishing her Thai homework , worse than the caning she was told the Day before that she was going to be caned next day at 1300 I think that is a form of mental punisment, once again the phone call but this time k Nong said that he was sorry it should not have happend, You can say why stay there but where else she started of at Dalasmut School but use the Can more, Well we took her out of the KG School and she has jut finshed School in Bangkok private, to me expensive one year all in around with her room about Eight Hundred Thousand Baht was it better not sure, I think not much better yes she will get her bits of paper but dont they all, They charged thirty thousand Baht to Mark the final exams the told that they had to send them to England still waiting for there return in October, Sorry to have gone on so much but we have a Family Buisness so my Daughter can have that if it was up to a Thai School 7/11 or Tesco, ( Thai Schools Are Just Not Good Enough ) Dont wast your time taling about my speling or gramer I know Thx. L. A.

My son was there for 6 months (6 years old at the time) before I found out some South African woman "teacher" forced soap into his mouth for talking to friend during the class. 6 years old!!! She is very lucky I didn't rip her head off. Kids were terrified, not allowed to express themselves.....thought to memorize things without having a clue what is this about.

I moved him to QSI and he just loves it there. 10 years old now, these day when he screws up I threaten him with return to Kajonkiat and his attitude improves within minutes.