Kajonkietsuksa School

ilyelol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Daughter goes to the English program and is doing well, she started at around 3 years old, around a year and a half ago, she can speak English and Thai fluently. Not so sure about reading and writing, she can write her name and if I spell words out in English etc... Thai is a little less strong than the English reading and writing.

And teachers are treated like scum. The turnover rate at that school is about 70% per term and sometimes per mid-term. The school is lovingly called the North Korean Democratic Republic of Kajonkiet

And you are being kind, the Thai Teachers boss the non Thai Teachers I have seen some good teachers have to leave just so frustrated they cant have there say

And teachers are treated like scum. The turnover rate at that school is about 70% per term and sometimes per mid-term. The school is lovingly called the North Korean Democratic Republic of Kajonkiet

Had kids there for some years starting 2004, never heard the above nick but its perfect. Its a business which happens to be into teaching. One of the worst schools in Phuket. Owner/headmaster is the meanest woman I have ever met, and has major problem to relate to the truth, both at work and in other business relations.

Had kids there for some years starting 2004, never heard the above nick but its perfect. Its a business which happens to be into teaching. One of the worst schools in Phuket. Owner/headmaster is the meanest woman I have ever met, and has major problem to relate to the truth, both at work and in other business relations.

I dont quite get the ending of your reply?

At first you say you like the school, then you talk about how bad the headmaster is?

I send my daughter (coming 3 years) to Headstart School (opposite Makro) and am very happy about it. Nice teacher, good headmaster (Jason) and most important, it is based on British Curriculum.

surprised i couldnt find it on any thai site or google.

Will look into it.

Although im quite worried. I have met quite a few british people in the last years in phuket.. none were educated or pleasant.. im quite scared of those school because of that.

And how come they have 3 terms per year? british study more than americans?

Here we have 1month off in the winter and 2-3months off in the summer and a couple days here and there

Are you guys talking about the English Program, My daughters teachers have never left half way through and all 3 of her tutors (from each year she's been in) are still at the school.

None of the ladies teaching there look like they are bossed about by the Thai teachers. I also don't see many Koreans at the school, certainly not in the younger years.

One of the posters hates the school yet has had kids there since 2004, another sounds like he was a sacked teacher and on e sounds like he had a business problem with the owner. A weird mix of responses for sure.

Nice topic

I'm about to send my little-un to their pre-school in Bang Tao. I guess its good to hear different opinions, but can what's the final verdict?

Also, if it really is bad, does anyone know of any alternatives in the same price range?

Thanks

Darasamuth also offer an English program at a similar fee (40k Baht per term, 2 terms a year), Next step up cost-wise is Headstart (50k baht + per term, 3 terms a year).

Best really to go and take a look at all the schools, get a feel for which ones you and your children think is the best fit.

Darasamuth also offer an English program at a similar fee (40k Baht per term, 2 terms a year), Next step up cost-wise is Headstart (50k baht + per term, 3 terms a year).

Best really to go and take a look at all the schools, get a feel for which ones you and your children think is the best fit.

i doubt thats a good idea.. Other parents are the best critiques.

I dont really care if enjoys it or not, school is school.. you make school fun even if its terrible if you're a fun person.

Im just worried he'll get a crappy education like me, i went to a private school and basically can't remember shit, all i know, i learned on the computer while skipping school. 80% of my graduation have shitty jobs, no degrees...

Dont want to pay for something similar in thailand, and as you can see im probably the worse person to judge a program since i have not seen what a good program is.

All i want is, advanced learning, no hitting as i will let my child beat the shit out of any teacher who raises his hand to him(very muscular already, his grand mother's genes), advanced studying techniques.. learning to study is the only way to suceed in higher learning later in life.. you can be very smart but if you suck at studying you'll never get a degree or a work ethic. Lot's of luk-krung to make good life connections and friends(let's face it.. luk-krung's(real ones) have it way easier in life.. they'll all have the same kind of more expensive clothing, they'll have cars earlier, better jobs nobody is gonna envy the next one that much compared to someone born from a less lucky family and they are still sort of thai.

From the pictures though, the headstart school does look awesome

if you search the forum for darasamuth, there's lots of bad publicity.. same goes on sanook and pantip.

I dont quite get the ending of your reply?

At first you say you like the school, then you talk about how bad the headmaster is?

He did not say the school was prefect, he was referring to the "nickname" of the school as being perfect (North Korean Democratic Republic of Kajonkiet).

My daughter has been at K school for a few years now and her English teachers have been from South Africa, England, France and now America. She has liked all her teachers and they seem to take interest in the students. It definitely is run as a business, but isn't every private school run to show a profit? I've never heard of, nor seen a cane, though a friend tells me that Daorung (morning star) uses the cane.

Apart for one term at Darasamuth last year, my 4-1/2 year-old daughter has gone there since age two and I am very happy with it. She is very fluent at both Thai and English.

When I used to take her to her class at Darasamuth (Thai program) she would cry every morning, but at KJ she just runs off with a big smile on her face. They also issue daily reports about the kids' progress and the teachers keep the parents closely informed of developments, homework, etc...

All of this is my experience with the KJ English Program; I don't know about the Thai program or ESC programs, where they get some classes in English.

Yes, the administration are rather hard on the staff,especially the Thai staff, but I think some of the other comments posted here exaggerate the situation.

Final note: it is a very safe environment and they have good, attentive security staff.

I send my daughter (coming 3 years) to Headstart School (opposite Makro) and am very happy about it. Nice teacher, good headmaster (Jason) and most important, it is based on British Curriculum.

surprised i couldnt find it on any thai site or google.

Hallo,

The homepage is Headstartphuket.com

I think the problem is the - I would like to call it - "education plan" you have for your child. What I mean is, do you want your child to learn perfect Thai (in reading, writing, speaking), i.e. do you plan to stay for long time here in Thailand or do you want a good, local available English/British education as you might stay over here only for a limited time.

As others posted here, in KJ your child will be subject to a (more or less) Thai curriculum (2 terms) and will learn "good" Thai (see above). Headstart also teaches Thai but I think not more than one or two hours per week.

Hallo,

The homepage is Headstartphuket.com

I think the problem is the - I would like to call it - "education plan" you have for your child. What I mean is, do you want your child to learn perfect Thai (in reading, writing, speaking), i.e. do you plan to stay for long time here in Thailand or do you want a good, local available English/British education as you might stay over here only for a limited time.

As others posted here, in KJ your child will be subject to a (more or less) Thai curriculum (2 terms) and will learn "good" Thai (see above). Headstart also teaches Thai but I think not more than one or two hours per week.

As i said i want him to make decent connections and learn good thais.. half thais have such easiness to make it big. All you have to do is look good and you make 200k usd playing ona bunch of soap show then you make 50k used to a shampoo pub.

i cant even imagine how easy the business world must be for them.

As i said i want him to make decent connections and learn good thais.. half thais have such easiness to make it big. All you have to do is look good and you make 200k usd playing ona bunch of soap show then you make 50k used to a shampoo pub.

And you think that will be the same in 10 - 15 years when theres 1000's of them ??

Is this a serious comment or a joke?

If you really think like that why bother with education at all? Spend your money instead going to the top restaurants and social events where you will meet all the right people.

I have seen many brainless comment on this forum but this is up with the best of them.

Is this a serious comment or a joke?

If you really think like that why bother with education at all? Spend your money instead going to the top restaurants and social events where you will meet all the right people.

I have seen many brainless comment on this forum but this is up with the best of them.

So it's wrong to assume that since every kid who is born in rich communities around the world almost always finish on top of the world, that there is a constant and its not just random luck?

If you're born in the O.C and you end up picking up dog poop at the park, you've really worked hard to fail.

Same goes for a lukkrung from a good family. of course the thousand of lukkrung from bargirls families and english teachers won't make it big easy.

being half white from a good family or thai Chinese is almost like a secret fraternity in the states.

Whens the last time you've seen a luk-krung selling cigs on bangla dancing with ladyboys?

Whens the last time you've seen a luk-krung sell you sumtam at the market?

Have you ever seen a lukkrung cleaning gutters? working construction? working the desk in a really shitty company? driving a taxi? drinking khao lak in front of 7/11 in a manchester united shirt? etc etc

My son goes to HeadStart as well, and has been for many years. We liked it more when they were a small, independent 'language school' - back then they had a nice 'home school' atmosphere, not much kids and lots of play time. HeadStart has expanded rapidly since and is now going to be full fledged international school, which means more money, investors to answer to, more kids, more restrictions and more rules. They have definitely lost their old appeal. They have Thai lessons everyday but my son's Thai is rubbish. My friend's boy who studies in Kajonkeat is fluent in written and spoken Thai + English.

The school is just okay.

My kid has been there 3 years and the school is normal, a 5 out of 10 stars for me. The parking sucks and is very dangerous to enter or exit, they need a over head foot bridge to the school so some parents don't even have to go in the school with the car. Also no football field or swimming pool to teach kids sports or how to swim.

LiveSteam

Of the 18 luk-kreung within a circle of people I know, only three are going on to higher education. The others have dropped out, or, become involved with gangs, or, into drugs, or, just plain lazy.

Don't take it for granted that luk-kreungs are garuanteed success. Maybe you have been watching too much television.

Even if they do make it in advertising, it isn't too long before another luk-kreung that is lighter and better looking comes along. Their "careers" are extremely short.

Whens the last time you've seen a luk-krung selling cigs on bangla dancing with ladyboys?

Whens the last time you've seen a luk-krung sell you sumtam at the market?

Have you ever seen a lukkrung cleaning gutters? working construction? working the desk in a really shitty company? driving a taxi? drinking khao lak in front of 7/11 in a manchester united shirt? etc etc

Luk Krung used to work the bars under tiger.. Bet her folks were so proud..

Also bear in mind how many farangs where here 18 plus years ago.. Will be a very different world in 20 years time.

Of the 18 luk-kreung within a circle of people I know, only three are going on to higher education. The others have dropped out, or, become involved with gangs, or, into drugs, or, just plain lazy.

Don't take it for granted that luk-kreungs are garuanteed success. Maybe you have been watching too much television.

Even if they do make it in advertising, it isn't too long before another luk-kreung that is lighter and better looking comes along. Their "careers" are extremely short.

Lets not forget good old Jetski Jimmy.. :)

All his years in Holland must have helped him climb the beach rd hi-so ladder so well..