England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

Maybe, but I'm curious....how do you rate the referees performance in the first half of our Algerian match? Do you think Coulibaly should be suspended after the USA match? I don't drink and am generally watching these matches alone, so I catch things others might miss or be talking through with their mates.

Well not wanted to sound too sad but I also watched the game alone and free from the influence of Alcohol and the referee of the England game last night was fine. As far as bad referee decisions are concerned I think South Africa, for the decision to send off their keeper and give a penalty, Germany for the ridiculous sending off of Klose, USA for disallowing a pefectly good goal all have a lot more to complain about than England. I think you need to widen your conspiracy.

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the evening off with a nice BBQ, watched the Germans get turned over and then retired home to watch a cracking game between US & Slovenia and then aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Completely baffled as to how this lot couldn't get up for it, really poor control and ball retention and they just bottled it. Slovenia will be much harder to break down now and they are much more dangerous on the break.

Heskey must be the most maligned player in the history of English international football (and the most racially abused, I read in a book somewhere).His cause wasn't helped by,yesterday, having our spud faced 'talisman' moping around and looking for sympathy for 90 minutes instead of knuckling down and getting on with it. We looked like what we are,a paceless ageing outfit.There was no bite about our game and,yet again,I got the impression that we have a set of players who's motivation to play for your country's shirt,is way down the list of THEIR priorities.

Maybe, but I'm curious....how do you rate the referees performance in the first half of our Algerian match? Do you think Coulibaly should be suspended after the USA match? I don't drink and am generally watching these matches alone, so I catch things others might miss or be talking through with their mates.

Well not wanted to sound too sad but I also watched the game alone and free from the influence of Alcohol and the referee of the England game last night was fine. As far as bad referee decisions are concerned I think South Africa, for the decision to send off their keeper and give a penalty, Germany for the ridiculous sending off of Klose, USA for disallowing a pefectly good goal all have a lot more to complain about than England. I think you need to widen your conspiracy.

Thats not a fair comment. No one is suggesting a conspiracy. Infact we all saying how aweful England have been and we have not been blaming the referee either, so i'm slightly bemused by your last line.

Edited by carmine

tim cahill's sending off was a bit iffy as well.

there's no fifa conspiracy towards england. nickgonewalkabout is just odd.

Heskey must be the most maligned player in the history of English international football (and the most racially abused, I read in a book somewhere)

Why bring race into this what has his race got to do with him being utter cr4p ... when they booo Lampard is that racist .... could you please tell me what im allowed to do without being racist.

Milner Gerrard Barry J Cole

Defoe Rooney

That should be the Midfield/Forward if we're going to try and get a few goals.

Lampard has proved worthless time and again for England and should be dropped, if he doesnt score goals as he does at Chelski he contributes sweet FA .... the most overated player since David Platt who he reminds me of no end.

Thats not a fair comment. No one is suggesting a conspiracy. Infact we all saying how aweful England have been and we have not been blaming the referee either, so i'm slightly bemused by your last line.

If you read nickgonewalkabouts original post you will see he accuses FIFA of skewing its pitch for England and he has started another thread about his conspiracy theories. I'm not accusing anyone else just him so no need to be bemused more amused by Nick and his crazy walkabout.

OK if in the next round of games all of the teams in Group C draw again that would leave the US & England on 3 points each. So who would go through seeing as the goal difference would be zero for both of them? Would it go on most goals scored in their respective draws? Desperate I know but it could happen!!

OK if in the next round of games all of the teams in Group C draw again that would leave the US & England on 3 points each. So who would go through seeing as the goal difference would be zero for both of them? Would it go on most goals scored in their respective draws? Desperate I know but it could happen!!

after goal difference it goes on goals scored, yes. so the US's 2-2 draw would then be a better result than england's 0-0 last night.

those are some straws you're clutching at though. on current form slovenia will comfortably beat england anyway. :)

Why bring race into this what has his race got to do with him being utter cr4p ...

Everything. He's English. :)

If he was from any other country he'd not be a footballer its only the English coaches that see talent in someone who you can hoof the ball up to so he can occasionally hold the ball up as he's twice the size of the kids around him.

I'd be willing to bet Messi wouldnt have made the grade as a 15 yo kid in England as he wasnt 180cm and 85kg and couldnt kick the ball as far as such people.

If you read nickgonewalkabouts original post you will see he accuses FIFA of skewing its pitch for England and he has started another thread about his conspiracy theories. I'm not accusing anyone else just him so no need to be bemused more amused by Nick and his crazy walkabout.

Yep....he's really out there :)

I think we have seen the begining of the fall of Rooney.

I thought he was a professional.

If he does not issue some form of apology to the fans he was referring to, well geezer - you make your bed ,you have to lie in it.

after goal difference it goes on goals scored, yes. so the US's 2-2 draw would then be a better result than england's 0-0 last night.

those are some straws you're clutching at though. on current form slovenia will comfortably beat england anyway. :)

Why would someone who was born in England more then likely travels on a passport acquired from being English, living a life benefitted from being born in England be happy about the English football team getting knocked out?

Why bring race into this what has his race got to do with him being utter cr4p ...

If he was from any other country he'd not be a footballer its only the English coaches that see talent in someone who you can hoof the ball up to so he can occasionally hold the ball up as he's twice the size of the kids around him.

I'd be willing to bet Messi wouldnt have made the grade as a 15 yo kid in England as he wasnt 180cm and 85kg and couldnt kick the ball as far as such people.

This is so true and one of the main problems of the English game if you don't get big and strong at a young age you don't progress through the game to the higher level. I went to school with Jason Roberts the Blackburn striker and I tell you there were 3 or 4 kids the same age in our area with far greater technical ability both with passing and running with the ball, but he was the one that made the grade because he was built like a brick shit house.

Why would someone who was born in England more then likely travels on a passport acquired from being English, living a life benefitted from being born in England be happy about the English football team getting knocked out?

well in part because i don't consider myself 'english' despite where i coincidentally happened to be born, in part because i don't like a large number of england's players and in part because it really seems to annoy narrow-minded insecure <deleted> ing-ur-land supporters.

yep, you're absolutely right. the english game prizes physique and pace over ability and technique. someone like barcelona's xavi wouldn't have made it in england either because he would have been deemed too small and didn't get stuck in enough.

Have to say the England players look like they would rather be elsewhere. Overpaid and over rated. It is a disgrace these players who mostly each get 100 grand a week and yet most of those who have travelled to support them would not get anything like that in a year, and hence are entitled to boo such a pathetic and timid performance, No pace, no balls, no idea!

One newspaper said it was not Cape Town but Cape Fear.

(And I liked the blog comments I read about if those awful Scots start gloating, they ought to remember they failed to qualify and the only thing they can qualify for is housing benefit!)

As to Rooney's remarks, well the usually foul mouthed Wayne has been exposed as not being up to the task.

Likewise for Capello, who is now revealed as not up to the standards of a national team manager.

So as an Englishman may I say to my fellow compatriots that despite the shame and embarassment of a woeful and shambolic performance by people who should not be wearing the England shirt and whose main motivation is greed and money, try not to let that ruin the rest of the tournament for you.

Remember:

The reality is that if the truth be known the England players could not care less about their performances, so:

why should we?

I read England's performance like this: Algeria is given a green light to foul in the opening half without censure after a contentious previous match and record number of bookings in which USA succesfully USA villifies referee Coulibably (which I think was undeserved given the USA's general gamesmanship). Algeria's manager and assistant wear FIFA in blazing yellow in passive acceptance of their favour. Game starts. Algeria, unrestrained, brutally stamp feet and bruise muscle at will. Terry is head-butted to the ground among other things and as if to underscore the FIFA bias, Carraghar is booked for no reason at all. Thus intimidated, battered England remain gun-shy and hesitant throughout the rest of the game, our top players more concerned with injury avoidance and Premier league fitness than playing against a stacked deck of 11 steroid monsters and 1 referee who sides against a team that believes in fair play. FIFA foils England's hopes again, and considers cutting match coverage to another 5 million cable viewers in Thailand for good measure...?????????????????.

Looks like i'll be supporting Brazil even earlier than usual this tournament. :) i just can't take this England side and coach seriously anymore.

well in part because i don't consider myself 'english' despite where i coincidentally happened to be born, in part because i don't like a large number of england's players and in part because it really seems to annoy narrow-minded insecure <deleted> ing-ur-land supporters.

But no matter what you consider if you were born in England, raised there you are without doubt English ... though i could accept you saying im an Earthling and we're all one as opposed to English ... i could understand someone not caring about there results but prefering them to lose isnt right.

As for disliking the players rightly or wrongly most people these days think players are arrogant out of touch fools, the Irish im presuming are no better or worse then the English.

This is so true and one of the main problems of the English game if you don't get big and strong at a young age you don't progress through the game to the higher level. I went to school with Jason Roberts the Blackburn striker and I tell you there were 3 or 4 kids the same age in our area with far greater technical ability both with passing and running with the ball, but he was the one that made the grade because he was built like a brick shit house.

This train of thought stretches to much of the media aswell. When Tottenham signed Luka Modric much of the football media immediately started bleeting on about him being too small. This was ofcourse before he'd even had a chance to play for us, and with supreme arrogance dismissed his achievements on the continent that warrented the transfer fee, because the premier league would be too physical for him.

Edited by carmine

I think we have seen the begining of the fall of Rooney.

I thought he was a professional.

If he does not issue some form of apology to the fans he was referring to, well geezer - you make your bed ,you have to lie in it.

Rooney is very passionate as we all know and said this in the heat of the moment. I am sure he is hurting and was very disappointed with the performance of himself and his team mates. I am sure he will apologize for those comments.

yep, you're absolutely right. the english game prizes physique and pace over ability and technique. someone like barcelona's xavi wouldn't have made it in england either because he would have been deemed too small and didn't get stuck in enough.

I believe Souness rejected Deco for the same reason and replaced him with the one and only Mark Pembridge, now im not meaning to single out Souness but you can imagine most coaches think like Souness in Britain and it must have seen the end to many a genuine talented players potential career.

Edited by hansum

Heskey must be the most maligned player in the history of English international football (and the most racially abused, I read in a book somewhere)

Why bring race into this what has his race got to do with him being utter cr4p ... when they booo Lampard is that racist .... could you please tell me what im allowed to do without being racist.

Well, he's got 60 caps and has played under a succession of England managers so he can't be that bad! He was no better but certainly no worse than the maiority of the excrement on display out there.As far as the racial abuse is concerned,I read that in Dougie Brimson's book 'Kicking Off' about hooliganism and racism.I dont know if it's true or not.

Yes, out there is correct. I'll take your advice and ruminate away the lonesome hours out here on the farm in Isan trying to find rhyme and reason to our game. Nothing changes my gut-feeling that England was fouled off the pitch last night and the referee pretty much stood by and let it happen, particularly in the first half. Conspiracy is everywhere... :)

Well, he's got 60 caps and has played under a succession of England managers so he can't be that bad! He was no better but certainly no worse than the maiority of the excrement on display out there.As far as the racial abuse is concerned,I read that in Dougie Brimson's book 'Kicking Off' about hooliganism and racism.I dont know if it's true or not.

Dont know who Dougie is but im taking it he didnt see what happened to John Barnes for England ... though Barnes being utter cr4p for England and seen to not have been a trier may not have helped his cause.

But ive got to disagree that he isnt any worse, granted theyre all bad for England at the moment but he;s just terrible wherever he is.

Agreed that generally English coaches of juveniles still live in the dark ages and are desparately bereft of knowledge of how the modern game should be played but,surely, SOMEONE would have spotted a 15 year old Messi somewhere.

Agreed that generally English coaches of juveniles still live in the dark ages and are desparately bereft of knowledge of how the modern game should be played but,surely, SOMEONE would have spotted a 15 year old Messi somewhere.

But with the money in the FA surely they can fund decent coaches .. pity we spent 1 billion on a football stadium and bribing Red Kens corrupt mates instead of buying pitches and training the coaches.

Take my mates boy to football training and they all get a present at the end for trying ... i was astounded.

Edited by hansum