England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, well wonderful stuff, but would'nt it be better to wait to see what the teamsheet actually is?

Yeah it would but my point was/is that my perception was not so far off base as was being suggested regardless of what the final roster outcome is..

Isn't it just another opinion?

We'll see? And also better informed and notable then any of the opinions posted here...

Well that 2-2 draw with Slovenia and USA means not only do we have to win tonight but we need a few goals to give us a solid chance for the last 16 :)

I thought a draw was the best result for us. Gives us the best chance of still topping the group.

James; Johnson, Carragher, Terry, A Cole; Lennon, Lampard, Barry, Gerrard; Heskey, Rooney.

Capello must of missed what all the world saw with Carragher the other night,too slow and a yellow card gauranteed every game,f**king diabolical decision when you have got Dawson in the squad.....The Algerians won't need telling twice where are weak link is :)

Oh and James is back.....thats Greens career at international level finished then :D

Edited by NADTATIDA1

Half-Time, and despite England not playing well, Algeria are not playing well either and haven't had a shot on target, they will tire quickly in the 2nd half and I think England can get a couple in the second half. Get Joey on for Aaron and Crouch on for Heskey.

Mind you, I could be wrong.

:)

Watching it live on Armed Forces televison here in Greece. England (Galleger?) just got a yellow card. England missed a corner kick. 60 minutes and still 0-0. England shot on goal but wide. Now they have another corner kick. Nothing in it.

:D

Well, that was the worst England display for a long time against a really bad Algerian team. No inspiration, no captain, Rooney's worst ever game, but nobody had even a decent game. I thought that Algeria would tire and they did, but England tired even more.

Some comments from the message boards:

Dear Wayne,

Please f*** off. You couldn't even move the poorly pigeon off the net. Again, please f*** off.

Yours f*** off-ingly

England fan

Dear Wayne,

You were dreadful. You weren't the worst (that dubious honour goes to Glen Johnson) but you were dreadful. That was the worst England performance I have seen. Ever. And I saw games under Graham Taylor.

You complain that the fans were booing. Perhaps you don’t remember what it was like when a couple of thousand pounds was a lot of money - the cost of a world cup holiday to South Africa. Think about the number of car radios that means.

Perhaps you don’t realise that these fans are not earning £100,000 per week like you. Having paid the time and the money they had every right to boo when they saw supposed professionals play like drunk chimps.

So even if you don’t like it, keep your gob shut. If you don’t like booing, don’t play like a floppy sack of shit.

Yours sincerely,

Boo Boy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me, I think we might as well send England home now to avoid further embarrassment. If England players are being picked on form then Johnson, Carragher (now suspended), Heskey, Lampard, Lennon, Barry and Rooney should not play the next game, but most will! Even Terry was cack tonight.

Thank goodness there are actually some decent football teams in this World Cup to watch, because England looked like a Sunday league pub team tonight. Rubbish ... absolute garbage!

For entertainment value of tonights show, the award goes to..............Fabio Capello.

Some of his dance routines and groovey moves in technical area were classic, needs some music putting with it though.

I really felt sorry for the guy sitting on his left on the bench, how many times did he receive a flapping hand from Fabio when he launched into the funky chicken?

No wonder he was holding his head in his hands towards the end.

Oh yeah, was there supposed to be a game of football tonight?

Edited by soihok

That was poor.

I think Capello needs to do something brave and drop some big names: Lampard, Rooney, Lennon. Very poor over 2 games and clearly suffering the pressure.

In the future, it probably would be better to cull the team, a lot of names been around a long while and best to start afresh.

I think Capello needs to do something brave

nothing to do with Crapello..

the problem with England is that the players just dont have the hunger or drive to perform in this (make that every & any of the last few years ) tournament..

why? because to them its not about the game anymore... all they care about is the huge pay they recieve and the celebrity that it brings to them. The unfortunate sideline to this fabulous lifestyle that they are so priveliged to endure is the hassle of actually having to go out and play good world class football once in a while.

I'm pretty sure the majority of that team would rather be at home in the UK on leave from their own clubs ('...the #ucking inconveniance of being away from my luxury cars & gadget filled multi million pound homes for a month ! ')

'eye of the tiger' is what they lack...

Yo ! Adrienne.... :)

Did anyone really expect anything else from England. Im english and proud but we are on par with France in my opinion. Have lots of good individual players but cant play together as a team.

We have to change 4,4,2 and go with 4,5,1 with Rooney up top on his own gerrard playing off him Heskey should be nowhere near the pitch !!!. And how Joe Cole has not even played 1 minute is just a joke.

Things have got change or we are going home. :)

I am totally baffled with this ill advised selection of that muppet Heskey. He was back defending for portions of the match ? It was very obvious after the USA match that Joe Cole and Peter Crouch were needed. David james said after the match that Algeria did'nt want to win, but the African side got forward every chance they got ? Its not like they had anything to defend.

Will England go through ? If they play the same selection again no chance.

Tonight England played

C...omplete

R...ubbish

A...pathetic

P...ants

:)

My local team Aldershot could have have beaten both those teams one after the other

World Cup more like "WORLD CRAP" even the royal freebie snatcher brothers looked embarassed

England midfield of Rooney and Gerrard... make that looney and sluggard!! :D :D

and fabio capello more like Fabricato Crapijello

wonder if he gets a back hander if Italy win? and a big f###ing handshake ala S.G.Erickson when he leaves??

English Team should always have an English Manager like Sam Allardyce

Yep, well wonderful stuff, but would'nt it be better to wait to see what the teamsheet actually is?

Yeah it would but my point was/is that my perception was not so far off base as was being suggested regardless of what the final roster outcome is..

Isn't it just another opinion?

We'll see? And also better informed and notable then any of the opinions posted here...

;)You said it Warped. :)

Did anyone really expect anything else from England. Im english and proud but we are on par with France in my opinion. Have lots of good individual players but cant play together as a team.

We have to change 4,4,2 and go with 4,5,1 with Rooney up top on his own gerrard playing off him Heskey should be nowhere near the pitch !!!. And how Joe Cole has not even played 1 minute is just a joke.

Things have got change or we are going home. :D

How can you suggest we are on a par with France? No Henry on the pitch and no Malouda in the first, combined with the enormous handicap of having Raymond Domenech as coach....and we still don't play any better :)

Much as I hate him, do you think if Capello gave the armband to Terry again, it might fire up the side?

No. Were just playing crap combined with poor team selection, inept sustitutions and with what seems to be a total lack of communication between coach and players.

By the end of the game England were like a sick dog in need of putting out of its misery.

They were all terrible, but if i had to single one out it would be Gerrard. So many lazy off target passes, so many uninspiring corners, so little creativity... none of the usual Gerrard bite, grit and determination. As captain he should have been going crazy in the second half, getting players fired up and driving them on. Completely flat. No ideas.

Still think we have a good chance of going through - refuse to believe we can perform that badly for three games in a row... but to be honest, what is the point of staying in the competition? Haven't we suffered enough?

By the end of the game England were like a sick dog in need of putting out of its misery.

They were all terrible, but if i had to single one out it would be Gerrard. So many lazy off target passes, so many uninspiring corners, so little creativity... none of the usual Gerrard bite, grit and determination. As captain he should have been going crazy in the second half, getting players fired up and driving them on. Completely flat. No ideas.

Still think we have a good chance of going through - refuse to believe we can perform that badly for three games in a row... but to be honest, what is the point of staying in the competition? Haven't we suffered enough?

Sorry mate, but i think the Slovenians will be confident of a draw and more than a little hopeful of a win.

Nil, nil would seem to be the most likely