England World Cup Discussion Thread

mommysboy

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only John Terry had lived next door to Robert Green's missus...

Why is Robert Green like ITV HD? They both switch off at the crucial moment.

What does Robert Green do after winning the World Cup? Drops his controller.

At least that's one British spillage the Americans won't be moaning about...

What's the difference between Robert Green and Justin Bieber? Robert Green knows how to drop his balls.

Kermit was right: It's not easy being Green.

The England lads had a get-together after the game and bought Robert Green a drink to commiserate. He spilled it.

Steven Gerrard said: "The whole team is behind Rob Green." With hindsight, that's a good place to stand.

Robert Green's bringing out his own South African trumpet. It's known as a boo-boozela

Robert Green - a joke even Americans can understand.

Yesterday at London Zoo one of the staff let a a Central American monkey slip out of his grasp. So Robert Green's not the only English keeper to drop a Howler.

My computer's got the Robert Green virus. It can't save anything.

Just bought a Robert Green condom. Extra slippery and you're guaranteed not to catch anything.

I'm Robert Green and cleaning Windows is my next idea...

All these Rob Green jokes are getting out of hand. In fact they're crossing the line...

And the best England v USA joke which doesn't feature Robert Green is.. .

It was a clever move to bring Shaun Wright-Phillips on. For 15 minutes the Americans were stunned, thinking Gary Coleman had come back to life.

My dear British (Ha!) friends,

what a poor performance of your goalkeeper. The English press named him "Hand of Clod". Oh my dear. And now it is even suggested to bring either Joe Hart (3 caps only!) or even "Calamity" James.

A suggestion from our BILD newspaper to give our German Jens Lehmann the UK Citizenship on the fast lane. He played for Arsenal, speaks quite some English and is available at present... Gordon Banks where are you?

I have some slight doubts whether I will see a match (not war!) between the Germans and the Brits after the group stages. As far as I can see Slowenia is leader of group C...

Have a nice day.

I was very disappointed with the Aussies last night - they looked the worst team I have seen in the tournament so far. Old, slow, inaccurate passing, and dirty.

Shame about Cahill, as I had him in my side, and I didn't think that was a sending off offence.

Credit to the Germans though, for a typically industrious seeing-to.

Worst defensive performance I'll grant you, that backline looked like a mad woman pissing in the snow. They weren't slow and they passed the ball better than the good ole England........but never mind eh....we always start slow...as the old cliche goes. Germany would beat England comfortably on that performance, as much as it pains me to say.

Why do these ex pros talk so much crap, when asked about Englands centre half dilemma, Martin Keown comments that Matthew upsom was the second quickest at Arsenal behind Terry Henry but failed to mention that this was 8 years ago, does he not realize that players get slower as they get older :).

If some of the other Arsenal defenders were behind you on a dark night, you'd keep your speed up believe me !!! :)

....on that note, is Sol renewing his contract or is he looking for fresh challenges up at Celtic? :D

Why do these ex pros talk so much crap, when asked about Englands centre half dilemma, Martin Keown comments that Matthew upsom was the second quickest at Arsenal behind Terry Henry but failed to mention that this was 8 years ago, does he not realize that players get slower as they get older :D.

and not just in relation to running speed. Keown has obviously headed to many balls over the years. :)

Why do these ex pros talk so much crap, when asked about Englands centre half dilemma, Martin Keown comments that Matthew upsom was the second quickest at Arsenal behind Terry Henry but failed to mention that this was 8 years ago, does he not realize that players get slower as they get older :D.

and not just in relation to running speed. Keown has obviously headed to many balls over the years. :)

He's kept his good looks though. :D.

and not just in relation to running speed. Keown has obviously headed to many balls over the years. :D

"KEEoooowwwnnnn...he's got a monkeys head, he's got a monkeys head, he's got a monkeys head"...etc etc...... :)

and not just in relation to running speed. Keown has obviously headed to many balls over the years. :D

"KEEoooowwwnnnn...he's got a monkeys head, he's got a monkeys head, he's got a monkeys head"...etc etc...... :)

oi! i thought this was an england thread, not the arsenal thread.

theres no need to talk about the gunners that way. besides we dont even have any players representing england at the world cup.

but we do have plenty of our players representing other nationslaugh.gif

Robert Green undertook extra training today and didn't concede a single goal despite having 4,000 shots fired at him.

He and Heskey will be training with the rest of the squad tomorrow.

:)

Hopefully they will be training with a firing squad , doing a live firing exercise and they are the moving targets. Although Heskey would probably trip over his laces, before it even started.

If only John Terry had lived next door to Robert Green's missus...

Why is Robert Green like ITV HD? They both switch off at the crucial moment.

What does Robert Green do after winning the World Cup? Drops his controller.

At least that's one British spillage the Americans won't be moaning about...

What's the difference between Robert Green and Justin Bieber? Robert Green knows how to drop his balls.

Kermit was right: It's not easy being Green.

The England lads had a get-together after the game and bought Robert Green a drink to commiserate. He spilled it.

Steven Gerrard said: "The whole team is behind Rob Green." With hindsight, that's a good place to stand.

Robert Green's bringing out his own South African trumpet. It's known as a boo-boozela

Robert Green - a joke even Americans can understand.

Yesterday at London Zoo one of the staff let a a Central American monkey slip out of his grasp. So Robert Green's not the only English keeper to drop a Howler.

My computer's got the Robert Green virus. It can't save anything.

Just bought a Robert Green condom. Extra slippery and you're guaranteed not to catch anything.

I'm Robert Green and cleaning Windows is my next idea...

All these Rob Green jokes are getting out of hand. In fact they're crossing the line...

And the best England v USA joke which doesn't feature Robert Green is.. .

It was a clever move to bring Shaun Wright-Phillips on. For 15 minutes the Americans were stunned, thinking Gary Coleman had come back to life.

I love the Gerrard quote, 'The whole team is behind Robert Green,', the best place to stand!!

Watching Brazil they show tremendous confidence and arrogence, and play with a swagger that England ought to exhibit instead of behaving liked rabbits caught in the headlights:

Clint Dempsey: England are running scared | The Sun |Sport|Football|World Cup 2010

Personally i don't give a toss what the scum says. It's a national embarrassment, and takes every oppotunity to crucify our national coaches and players and then has the front to try to hold a post mortem on why we failed again.

Personally i don't give a toss what the scum says. It's a national embarrassment, and takes every oppotunity to crucify our national coaches and players and then has the front to try to hold a post mortem on why we failed again.

Here here. One of the great things about living outside of the UK is it is usually possible to completely avoid exposure to tabloid nonsense.

Here here. One of the great things about living outside of the UK is it is usually possible to completely avoid exposure to tabloid nonsense.

Ok, agreed. Nevertheless England can play staggeringly good football, but when was the last decade they did that at the World cup?

Ok, agreed. Nevertheless England can play staggeringly good football, but when was the last decade they did that at the World cup?

probably about 1970. although michael owen's goal in '98 was a rare moment of class.

probably about 1970. although michael owen's goal in '98 was a rare moment of class.

We played decent football in Euro '96

We played decent football in Euro '96

But we had Gazza, it's surprising how one player can add a spark to the whole team also encouraging the team to play a different style of football.

Edited by alfieconn

Come on! Only one game played so far - things can only get better - and for the record: Italy also drew with the U.S. back in 2006. Not a bad omen - is it?

My problem is not with the players. Its with Capello's ridiculous tactical decisions/substutions which is something i never factored in. I thought he was our greatest asset

Come on! Only one game played so far - things can only get better - and for the record: Italy also drew with the U.S. back in 2006. Not a bad omen - is it?

My problem is not with the players. Its with Capello's ridiculous tactical decisions/substutions which is something i never factored in. I thought he was our greatest asset

It seems strange that a continental manager wants his team to play a typical English style, perhaps he thinks that the players are not good enough technically to play a different style ! and he's probaly right, but that doesn't excuse his strange team selections/substitutions.

Barry's importance is hugely increased because Capello has decided in the first game to change our team formation to a tried an failed our rather than keep the fit with our other holding midfield. I he does'nt trust him to play why take him in the first place?