So Whats The Best Method Of Getting To Rama 4 Road?

Bit confused with the new railway link, probably because I haven't a clue where it is going! laugh.gif. So can I just ask arriving at 1600 ish, what is the best way of getting to Rama 4 road by Lumpini Park.

Was going to just jump in a taxi, as I will be a bit of a Bangkok rooky to say the least, half knackered and a pretty big bag. Thanks.

How long can I expect it to take? given its probably rush hour, Is it worth chilling out with a beer for an hour or so, or will that make no difference lol? Not that fussed about cost, but like to know what the usual sort of deal is.

So many questions about one small journey lol. but handy if I get some helpful replies. Cheers in advance.

Very easy to ask for a taxi to Rama 4 or Lumpini Park, however, I suggest you ask for a taxi to take you to where you are actually going. The park is very big and it will be dark so just ask for where you want to go, you are not sleeping in the park and Rama 4 is very long.

The only hotel on the Rama 4 / Lumpini park stretch is the Dusit.

The journey is quick its not far at all. Should not cost more that THB 70 max.

Very easy to ask for a taxi to Rama 4 or Lumpini Park, however, I suggest you ask for a taxi to take you to where you are actually going. The park is very big and it will be dark so just ask for where you want to go, you are not sleeping in the park and Rama 4 is very long.

Are you travelling from the airport or train station? From the airport the fare is going to be around 350baht, depending on where in Rama 4 you are going. There are several hotels near Lumpini Park in Wireless Road and in Soi Ngam Du Phli,

Are you travelling from the airport or train station? From the airport the fare is going to be around 350baht, depending on where in Rama 4 you are going. There are several hotels near Lumpini Park in Wireless Road and in Soi Ngam Du Phli,

Going to The Pinnacle Hotel Lumpinee on Rama 4 Taxi is fine, and thanks for replying.

"what is the best way of getting to Rama 4 road by Lumpini Park."

A trebuchet, but the landing can be dicey.

The SARL is free, and you can't get lost. Take it to the end of the line, then take the BTS to Sala Daeng (the station is essentially at the corner of Rama IV & Silom, next to Lumpini Park). The total cost will be about 30THB. Cheap, easy, stress-free.

Actually MRT to Lumpini is better but I don't think you can get to the MRT from the new airport line. :) Lumpini station is a block or two from Soi Ngam Duphli

Best way, but not cheapest is taxi still, especially as OP has luggage.

With a Big Bag a taxi is the best option, lugging baggage around is a headache. I very much doubt I'll ever use the airport link as traffic in the destination area is poor so I can't see a time saving when compared to using the express way.

Airport to Rama IV rd should cost approximately B350. At that time ensure that the driver takes the tollway/express way (cost B45) and exits at Rama IV rd. It should take approximately 45mins.