Ban Vuvuzelas From The 2010 Fifa World Cup ?

moo9

Ban them or not?  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sound is mind numbing, can't stand it, like Mrs. Warp said last night it sounds like a swarm of flies around a corpse... :)

Are you sure she was talking about the Vuvuzelas? :D

Welcome to the Footie forum now thats British banter!

Ban the lot of em!

The sound is mind numbing, can't stand it, like Mrs. Warp said last night it sounds like a swarm of flies around a corpse... :D

Ban the lot of em!

Yeah I'm calling for him to be banned as well..... :)

Ban 'em all or at least insist they read they do a wiki search on 'banter'.

Come on you Spurs!!!! :D

The sound is mind numbing, can't stand it, like Mrs. Warp said last night it sounds like a swarm of flies around a corpse... :)

Ban the lot of em!

:DSounds like a personal attack to me. :D

think they're brilliant. not nearly as annoying as that bunch of <deleted> in the brass band that follows england playing the great bloody escape incessantly.

for anyone wanting them banned, would you want the drums and samba bands removed in a brasil world cup? or the wave and whistles from a mexico one? they're just a part of the culture there.

i honestly like them james, they're something unique to the host country and make it a really different world cup. i'll probably have had enough of them by the end of the tournament though but i don't mind them drowning out the commentary one bit. it is a shame you can't hear the crowd cheer properly when a goal is scored though.

think they're brilliant. not nearly as annoying as that bunch of <deleted> in the brass band that follows england playing the great bloody escape incessantly.

for anyone wanting them banned, would you want the drums and samba bands removed in a brasil world cup? or the wave and whistles from a mexico one? they're just a part of the culture there.

:)

Edit: for those of us that think this should not be banned - BERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Edited by dsfbrit

i honestly like them james, they're something unique to the host country and make it a really different world cup. i'll probably have had enough of them by the end of the tournament though but i don't mind them drowning out the commentary one bit. it is a shame you can't hear the crowd cheer properly when a goal is scored though.

I can't even hear the whistles from the Refs Stevie. Let's compromise:

Vuullvuvuauauuas can be used here:

1) on the way into the stadium and up to kick-off, half-time during goals. Exceptions could be made for those needing to discreetly pass gas during the normal run of play.

1) on the way into the stadium and up to kick-off, half-time during goals. Exceptions could be made for those needing to discreetly pass gas during the normal run of play.

i think you've got to ban them entirely or not at all. i wouldn't do but hey, that's just me. i would however ban that portsmouth tattooed knob with the massive bell from every ground in britain.

i think you've got to ban them entirely or not at all. i wouldn't do but hey, that's just me. i would however ban that portsmouth tattooed knob with the massive bell from every ground in britain.

Yea but the guy would have been banned but his right to do so has been grandfathered in.

Back to those noise makers in SA. Surely they can find a recording of that sound and play it when appropriate as mentioned about - it's not as if that thing makes anything other than one constant sound. How would you like to be paying top dollar to watch a match at the WC and have one or several of those in right behind your head?

On a slightly different note, I noticed when True Sport 1 shows the replay of the matches from the night before, it's without commentary - only that f_ing noise for 90 mins.

Never thought I would say this but it actually made me long for the proverbial "Mai Geng, oohoo, mai mee foul, supersave etc" from the local announcers. I must be going mad!

but the guy would have been banned but his right to do so has been grandfathered in.

Back to those noise makers in SA. Surely they can find a recording of that sound and play it when appropriate as mentioned about - it's not as if that thing makes anything other than one constant sound. How would you like to be paying top dollar to watch a match at the WC and have one or several of those in right behind your head?

On a slightly different note, I noticed when True Sport 1 shows the replay of the matches from the night before, it's without commentary - only that f_ing noise for 90 mins.

Never thought I would say this but it actually made me long for the proverbial "Mai Geng, oohoo, mai mee foul, supersave etc" from the local announcers. I must be going mad!

i'd love it mate. sorry, they're a south african football thing, like the samba drums and trumpets are in south america or whistles and flares are in spain and italy. going to a world cup in south africa and complaining about them is like coming to thailand for songkran and complaining about getting wet.

No expert on all things cultural in Africa but surely they have songs and stuff they could be singing every once and while to break up the monotony?

perhaps you should write to them or something then. 'dear africa, have you not got some of them monotone tribal chants you could be doing like out of that michael caine film please?'

they're part of this world cup. i think people need to accept them and get over it or else there's always the 'mute' button.

Well Stevie, I saw on one of the websites (goal.com) or something that FIFA is looking at banning them because of all the complaints. Bigger issue is that beach ball they are playing with.

yeah i read that somewhere too. think fifa would be making a huge rod for its own back in doing so though. what do you ban next, whistling? booing?

agree about the ball though, don't know why they can't leave the bloody thing alone. always has to be lighter and somehow more 'aerodynamic'. footballs should look like this:

1970telstar.jpg

Adidas used to make great balls but this one is another case of 'over engineering'.

They claim it's perfectly round and all that but absolutely no consistency from what I have seen thus far.

low shots which bounce along the floor seem to bobble a lot, like a balloon does. adidas and fifa reckon it weighs 440g, but it looks lighter than that to me. back in 2006 i played a match with that world cup's ball, the adidas teamgeist, and it was stupidly light and unpredictable.

Adidas used to make great balls but this one is another case of 'over engineering'.

They claim it's perfectly round and all that but absolutely no consistency from what I have seen thus far.

low shots which bounce along the floor seem to bobble a lot, like a balloon does. adidas and fifa reckon it weighs 440g, but it looks lighter than that to me. back in 2006 i played a match with that world cup's ball, the adidas teamgeist, and it was stupidly light and unpredictable.

As I mentioned on another thread, never seen so many poor first touches, passes and crosses from the so-called best players in the world.

The balls is dodgy ... moan moan ... dont like the funny noises from the plastic trumpets ... moan moan moan.

The Germans seemed to cope with the 'dreadful' circumstances easily enough.

Come on lighten up a bit...

BERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

Edited by dsfbrit

To be honest its driving me mad as well. But hey, its what makes having a world cup in different countries interesting - isn't it???

I dont want to ban it just because I dont like it or it ruins the TV experience. We have to just get over it.

Mind you after 6 years of my wife and her family sing Karaoke songs when they are drunk - I can handle anything :D

BERrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :)

A ban would not really be in the spirit of things, I beleive, as well as being very difficult to control.

True, they are bl##dy annoying but its going to be one of those noises that we are going to have to put up with. A bit like the Pu Yai Ban on a loud speaker at dawn and the dogs singing at night, which we all have grown used to.

The first few games gone now and lets face it.....they are here to stay.

They arent part of South African football from what South Africans have said about them, there is usually singing at SA league matches .. and you cant compare then to the drums those idiots Glenn Hoddle got to follow England as they dont drown out the entire atmosphere.

Ban them and also ban that w4nker comentator that was on for the England game the other night, he goes of on a tandem like no one else.

Well FIFA have announced that these noisey horns are not to be banned.

This is the correct decision I believe (spelt it correctly this time...schorry).

So come on grumpy footy fans.........get your own horn out and blow it at the TV. :)