Money Saving Expert

ladykata

sorry karan, some of the boys are really giving me a hard time on the forum, how do you cope with this, us girls have to stick together, girlpower

Karen has her own opinion, do not expect her to stick up for you if she thinks you are wrong.

She is quite capable of looking after herself.

Methinks the lady from kata is a troll.

Interesting subject to have a website dedicated to saving money though.

Why doesn't she (or he) build one? The ladykata could even sell some ads on there and MAKE MORE MONEY to save.

ps. i have a friend here visiting right now from Chiang Mai. He was shocked at some of the high prices here.

Ever heard of location? Why would I pay 10K a month at a Hotel 1 bedroom cottage in Chan Mai. The second largest and smoggiest city in Thailand? I've been there but wouldn't want to live there. I pay 11K for a two bedroom house in Rawai Beach, Phuket... But I pay for my UBC, Cable and my own "secure" wifi. I can get food, liquor and most anything for less than Bangkok or even out in Sa Kaew. Oh well to each his own! I have banana trees, papaya, mango, jack fruit and vegetable garden. A wonderful GF and dog! Car and motorbikes that I bet I got for less than you. But. it's all in who and what you know! But eating out up there is pretty good and cheap. I don't eat out much anymore, so no big deal to me...

And katalady, don't let the "know it all" farangs get to you. You have a good idea, but all you got for your effort, was a bunch of cynic's responding....

Thanks, i found the forum to be like a bear pit, on this topic, simple save money advice, have i had some crazy feedback, i agree with you, location is key, there missing the point that the key items are the same, now if phuket want to inflate there prices, so be it, but at the end of the day, if you look around most items are simlar, i'm talking 5-8% difference not the 50% that the other guys express.

Running up to chiang Mai for a car seems extreme to me by a fellow forum member, but if money is tight you'll go to that extra extreme to save it. although saying that my friend just got a toyata fortuna from bangkok and got 50-60,000 in extra's relative to phuket, but again not cheaper, just more extra's

but thanks for the friendly feedback

Thanks, i found the forum to be like a bear pit, on this topic, simple save money advice, have i had some crazy feedback, i agree with you, location is key, there missing the point that the key items are the same, now if phuket want to inflate there prices, so be it, but at the end of the day, if you look around most items are simlar, i'm talking 5-8% difference not the 50% that the other guys express.

Running up to chiang Mai for a car seems extreme to me by a fellow forum member, but if money is tight you'll go to that extra extreme to save it. although saying that my friend just got a toyata fortuna from bangkok and got 50-60,000 in extra's relative to phuket, but again not cheaper, just more extra's

but thanks for the friendly feedback

A Toyota Fortuna would be the last car I would want around the small Sois where I live. I bought a used Nissan NV four years ago, it just went past 100, 000 KM, now. It was only 110,000 Baht, when the Baht wasn't nearly as strong as today. I don't drive much, up to Central, Phuket Immigration and when it rains. Otherwise I ride my 10,000 Baht motorbike! I keep them well maintained, no problems...

Karen has her own opinion, do not expect her to stick up for you if she thinks you are wrong.

She is quite capable of looking after herself.

Peter sorry to be so direct but why are you answering for Karon, i'm afraid i'm really getting man handled here by the forum, what started off as just plesent topics have turned into tit for tat and bear pit antics, people questioning my sexuality and just being abusive, all i wanted to do was to be informative and find out who's thinking about what!!!!, if i wanted abused i could have stayed married

A Toyota Fortuna would be the last car I would want around the small Sois where I live. I bought a used Nissan NV four years ago, it just went past 100, 000 KM, now. It was only 110,000 Baht, when the Baht wasn't nearly as strong as today. I don't drive much, up to Central, Phuket Immigration and when it rains. Otherwise I ride my 10,000 Baht motorbike! I keep them well maintained, no problems...

Hi, i agree, i think those 4x4 gas gusling things are hidious awel, i was just making a point that the car was the same price but bangkok give more extras to close the sale.i bought a bargain of a honda click from a ex-pat leaving, 12.000 baht, i do have a nice car but that my indulgence and a investment, no i'm not telling, forum members will only be as horrible as they have been because i drive a classic sports car, one member just answered back that the forum is made up of "know it all's", I'd reply as a woman, if they know it all what they doing in Thailand

To pay 200 - 500 commission for instant cheque clearing is extremely high if you are talking about cheques issued by a local bank.

Some portion of our electric bills is for phantom electric i.e. there is still electric feeding your appliances even when they are turned off. I think the simple way to prevent this is to unplug any appliances when not in use.

A simpler way is to put power strips with a switch. No unplugging required! I have one in the kitchen with small my small appliances; toaster, blender, rice cooker and coffee maker. Another in the living room with the TV, DVD, UBC Box, Stereo, modem and WIF. One switch, all off. Another for the computer, printers, scanner, second monitor and external hard drives. It has a switch for each device, so I just turn on the ones I need.

Continuing:

Not rinsing toothbrush after using so can utilize applied product multiply times.

Shutting off vehicle at red lights,

Collecting condiment packets for impromptu quick snacks,

Listening to neighbor's tv thru wall to save on cable cost,

Sitting on curb outside of wireless hotspots for net access,

Hi, i agree, i think those 4x4 gas gusling things are hidious awel, i was just making a point that the car was the same price but bangkok give more extras to close the sale.i bought a bargain of a honda click from a ex-pat leaving, 12.000 baht, i do have a nice car but that my indulgence and a investment, no i'm not telling, forum members will only be as horrible as they have been because i drive a classic sports car, one member just answered back that the forum is made up of "know it all's", I'd reply as a woman, if they know it all what they doing in Thailand

I guess you could call my little sports truck a classic, it's 14 years old! 5 speed transmission, light weigh! I put on new Michellin tires, new belts, hoses, brakes, ignition wires and air cleaner. I could most likely sell it for at least what I bought it for.

Continuing:

Not rinsing toothbrush after using so can utilize applied product multiply times.

I think I've done the last one on your list!laugh.gif

Continuing:

Again very drawl, please come up with some new ones, your rehashing old material, don't rehash, think for yourself, have you a Thai girl there feeding you your soup and wiping your month with a napkin, get up out that wheel chair and walk, saddo!!!!!!, sorry but this forum is like nothing i've been involved with before, am i talking to just other woman out there, so bitchy

But, toothpaist eliments decay over a 8 hour period

A car idioling uses less petrol then a restart

We've all collected condiment packets, so your point is???

most places are made from single brick, sound is pitched at 80db, all you here is bass

Free wireless should be available, so a good point, but if it's raining is that a free shower????

Continuing:

I think I've done the last one on your list!laugh.gif

A couple years ago when my crap TOT connection was more down than up I used to go sit outside Don's Mall for his free Wi- Fi.

Sounds like you are living in my house Jimi.I pay the same rent and have the same plants in my garden.

I think you will find karen is not of your gender ladykata.Unless he has had a sex change.

A couple years ago when my crap TOT connection was more down than up I used to go sit outside Don's Mall for his free Wi- Fi.

Sounds like you are living in my house Jimi.I pay the same rent and have the same plants in my garden.

I think you will find karen is not of your gender ladykata.Unless he has had a sex change.

Is it my blondness or what boys, but i totally confused, i give the advice for the DTAC via family mart, shot out the water, don't know any jimi and i thought Karen had responded to me as a female by agreeing as a woman, i'm sorry i'm not finding this funny or entertaining anymore, but quite hurtful and disapointing

I used to sit inside Don's Longhorn Bar and use his WiFi too! But I put it in my house now. Much easier than going out for WiFi!biggrin.gif

I used to sit inside Don's Longhorn Bar and use his WiFi too! But I put it in my house now. Much easier than going out for WiFi!biggrin.gif

Are you boys playing some sick forum joke, i'm sitting here nearly in tears

Are you boys playing some sick forum joke, i'm sitting here nearly in tears

No, many people used to go hang out at Don's and use his free WiFi. He even put a couple of CAT 5 cables in the bar as the reception wasn't very good in there. He had satellite TV; UBC and Astrovision, internet and air conditioning! Used to have a happy hour too.