Swift Transfer

easyride

I requested a SWIFT transfer from my UK Nationwide account at 1pm yesterday.

It arrived in my K-bank account at 4.30pm today. That's what I call Swift.

So excited I forgot to spellcheck. Sorry.

Edited by easyride

Yes, I have transferred using my Nationwide and it is quick.

Not so long ago you had to download the forms fill them in post them back, wait for them to call to verify your instructions and the transaction would normally go through a few days later, now it is so quick, fill in the form on line and it there in hours normally before it shows in my flexi account.

Cost £20 sad.gif basically it is a wire transfer how can they justify it?

what fees did you pay and what ex rate did you get??

I paid 20 quid to Nationwide, Got 47.1812 exchange rate though K bank website was something like 47.4545, I assume the difference was K bank charges built in.

I have always had my US to Thai SWIFTs arrive within 24 hours. The downside of that for me is if it takes longer, I would probably start to freak out. Accounting for bank business day openings would probably make a difference though.

Not so long ago you had to download the forms fill them in post them back, wait for them to call to verify your instructions and the transaction would normally go through a few days later, now it is so quick, fill in the form on line and it there in hours normally before it shows in my flexi account.

Did you have to use that card reader device??. I have one but it seems to have gone walkabout in the house!!.

Did you have to use that card reader device??. I have one but it seems to have gone walkabout in the house!!.

yes you do.

I transfer regularly money from my Swiss bank account (small local bank) to my BBL account usually just before 12:00 CET (17:00 Thai time) and it is usually booked in my account here anywhere between 11:00 and 14:00 the next day. Fee from my Swiss bank is CHF 5.00 (145 Baht) only for any amount and BBL cashes in between 200-500 Baht according to the amount transferred.