An Appeal For Info Re Computers

PostmanPat

Hi All,

Does anyone know or can recommend an English speaking, or preferably a Foreign resident who is a wizz with new computers/ laptops and can set a new computer up eg transferring data from old to new computer?

Try as I might in the past I have used the best of the retail outlets here in Chiang Mai (eg Chi Chang) and although they have the best will in the world, they invariably set the new computer up the way they think it should be rather than the way I want it!!

Thanks, any info gratefully received!!

I have a guy. I'll call him later - line's busy rt now. I just wanna make sure he's not too tied up with other projects. He works fast n efficiently, and he's friendly. He's done some consulting on new computer purchases n set-up for me, and rescued all kinds of stuff off other friends' computers for them. He's good. I'll pm you the # when I get the go-ahead. He's American btw.....

I have a guy. I'll call him later - line's busy rt now. I just wanna make sure he's not too tied up with other projects. He works fast n efficiently, and he's friendly. He's done some consulting on new computer purchases n set-up for me, and rescued all kinds of stuff off other friends' computers for them. He's good. I'll pm you the # when I get the go-ahead. He's American btw.....

Well what can we say.

He was probably brought up with Microsoft and computers.

Would be a great asset.

I would make an acronis image of the old machine, put it on an external drive, then boot up using acronis boot disk and install old OS onto new computer.

Unless you are wanting to switch from XP or Vista to win7 or something, in which case you have to do a upgrade disk install instead of a clean new install.

but if you are keeping same OS, you will have the exact system on new machine. I have done that many times ...... and there are other programs besides Acronis that can do the same job.