Your Last Meal

Birdman

suppose you have just 1(one)last meal in your life and everything is on the menu. What would you choose?

Although really enjoying Thai and Indian and Arabic food and Italian and Austrian, and knowing it's bad to have a full stomach, I would choose:

*pumpkin soup

*Argentinian well done steak, onion potatoes and a fresh salad

*ice Tiramisu

• Like 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take my last opportunity to cut down a little, and go for a jog instead.

Actually, whatever I had, as soon as it arrived, I'd wish I'd had whatever that bloke over there has got.

And the portions were so big, I was sick of it by the end...I wish I'd not ordered so much.

I suppose, what I'd order would depend on where I was ordering my last meal. It would be daft to order beef noodle soup when you were eating your last meal in Thailand, but let's face it, you wouldn't go all the way to Taiwan just for the sake of a meal. Besides, its all about the ambience, anyway...

For sure, if I only had a last supper to go, I'm sure I could think of things I'd rather be doing than eating.

Getting back to the original question: You do just have one last meal in your life, but fortunately most of us don't spend much time looking forward to it. Just in case something dreadful happens on the way home this afternoon, currently I'm on a cornish pastie and a keema parata and an egg mayonaise sandwich

How much time do you spend looking back on your last supper. Do you ever think "Oh God, what if I'm taken today? I wish I'd had some chilli sauce with that; that would have made it a great last supper... Why didn't I offer every one seconds of the new potatoes? What if they never see new potatoes again?

What a morbid topic.

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy

don't make that complicated, it's easy: suppose you have just one meal and you are hungry, what would you choose?

So is this a different question?

You always have just one meal even when you are hungry. To have two would be gluttony. But focussing on one's last meal, as I mentioned, I had a keema parata becuase there were no curry puffs, and a cornish pastie and an egg mayo sandwich, with orange juice to wash it down. I'm hoping it wasn't my last meal, but you never know - that's why we wear clean underwear every day.

I suppose for a last supper, if you knew it was going to be your last, it would depend on whether you were to be embalmed, cremated, buried or whatever. Imagine having a skinful of spirits, and then a blue flame whooshes out the crematorium chimney... or something emulsifying all the embalming oils...

I was discussing this topic with a friend, nad I suggested deep-fried pizza. "You would eat that for your last supper?"

"No, but with all that cholerstrol, its the beginning of the end, isn't it?"

SC

I would want the person who was going to kill me after my last meal. Cooking him or her Medium rare would be fine, although I would not eat anything. I may be from the same country as Jeffrey Dahmer, but that is where the similarities stop.

easy

mussels in cream and white wine sauce, with a crusty baguette accompanied by a bottle of pouilly fusse.

then a rack of welsh lamb with a collection of winter vegetables accompanied by a bottle of nortons argentinian malbec.

no sweet, but cheese. rouqfort, brie, gorgonzolo and camembert with a glass of l.b.v. quinta do noval port.

and to round things off a cup of double expresso coffee with a glass of spanish gran duque d alba solera reserve brandy in a flame heated glass.

Edited by tigerfish

easy

mussels in cream and white wine sauce, with a crusty baguette accompanied by a bottle of pouilly fusse.

then a rack of welsh lamb with a collection of winter vegetables accompanied by a bottle of nortons argentinian malbec.

no sweet, but cheese. rouqfort, brie, gorgonzolo and camembert with a glass of l.b.v. quinta do noval port.

and to round things off a cup of double expresso coffee with a glass of spanish gran duque d alba solera reserve brandy in a flame heated glass.

No Cigar? :)

Edit to add a bottle of that Brandy would knock you out perfectly!

Edited by NADTATIDA1

easy

No Cigar? :)

Edit to add a bottle of that Brandy would knock you out perfectly!

no cigar, even though i am a smoker.

i thought id give them the pleasure of smoking me out, if that be the case.

with all that food and drink inside me, i thought it would add to the aroma.

Edited by tigerfish

Actually, whatever I had, as soon as it arrived, I'd wish I'd had whatever that bloke over there has got.

And the portions were so big, I was sick of it by the end...I wish I'd not ordered so much.

I suppose, what I'd order would depend on where I was ordering my last meal. It would be daft to order beef noodle soup when you were eating your last meal in Thailand, but let's face it, you wouldn't go all the way to Taiwan just for the sake of a meal. Besides, its all about the ambience, anyway...

For sure, if I only had a last supper to go, I'm sure I could think of things I'd rather be doing than eating.

Getting back to the original question: You do just have one last meal in your life, but fortunately most of us don't spend much time looking forward to it. Just in case something dreadful happens on the way home this afternoon, currently I'm on a cornish pastie and a keema parata and an egg mayonaise sandwich

How much time do you spend looking back on your last supper. Do you ever think "Oh God, what if I'm taken today? I wish I'd had some chilli sauce with that; that would have made it a great last supper... Why didn't I offer every one seconds of the new potatoes? What if they never see new potatoes again?

What a morbid topic.

SC

You took long enough to get around to saying the topic was "morbid"!!

Its interesting to note the bloke had his last meal and then fasted for 48 hrs before his execution. Must have been worried about the mess. Obsessioal I guess.

Doubles and Carib for starters

Chicken cafrael dahl saffron rice and roti to follow served with a glass or three of cashew feni

Bottle of 25 yo Macallan tand a few packs of smokes to finish me off.....bring on the firing squad lads!!

An old hobby of mine, when I worked with access to bloomberg, was to collect the last meals of death row prisoners. Suprisingly they would come over the wire often.

Some of those were very odd indeed. I haven't ever thought of what my last meal would be. I am not a foody so would forgo the last meal in exchange for a tub of haagen daaz instead.

Starter - King prawn in garlic and honey sauce -bottle NZ white cloud

soup - Chinese hot and sour

main - Home made Beef in guiness, with glazed carrots, garlic mash potato, peas - bottle Chateau La Lagune 1998

sweet - Good old sherry trifle with cream topping

and finally a mix of French and Dutch cheeses with malt biscuits

accompanied by a cup of strong creamy coffee

I hate to admit it, but it wouldn't be food. :lol: As much as I used to enjoy a nice meal, it's now a case of just eating something that tastes good and keeps me healthy.

I am a pretty good cook and I have any amount of fresh sea food to choose from every day: prawns, shrimp, salmon, crab, halibut, tuna, etc I would just as soon have one of my "interesting" casseroles as the finest steak.

I hate to admit it, but it wouldn't be food. :lol: As much as I used to enjoy a nice meal, it's now a case of just eating something that tastes good and keeps me healthy.

I am a pretty good cook and I have any amount of fresh sea food to choose from every day: prawns, shrimp, salmon, crab, halibut, tuna, etc I would just as soon have one of my "interesting" casseroles as the finest steak.

Would your last meal just be an everyday experience, as it is your last ever meal you would feel no sense of occasion?.....you would prefer to eat healthy?

each to their own I guess.......but I would be absolutely starving, exhausted, but ravenously hungry........because I know exactly what I would be up to the days preceeding my last meal.... :D

Edited by 473geo

8>< SNIP NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

You took long enough to get around to saying the topic was "morbid"!!

You only really appreciate morbidity when you spend a bit of time wallowing in it.

How would you decorate your death cell?

What would be the last thing you'd watch on television?

Would you consider changing brands for your last cigarette?

Would you send your last meal back, if the eggs weren't cooked to your complete satisfaction?

Assuming you were NOT going to be executed, under what circumstances might you know which was to be your last meal?

SC

PS:

It turned out I was wrong about my last meal, and I had a couple of chicken shwarma and some spicey potatoes for my last meal

I can see this getting tedious after a while. I hope so, anyway.

so what? This thread is a rather not so serious thread about what someone would like to order for the last time in this life if all would be on the menu - capito?

You don't like that or have same obviously unconscious problems with that better don't read it.

If I get taken today, it will be cornish pastie and a potato curry puff.

If I was to know the time and place of my passing, I suppose it would also depend a little on what I had to do before-hand. I believe Captain Oates' last meal would have been something light but fortifying for the ordeal ahead... maybe half a square of Kendal Mint Cake. Or perhaps, given the straitened circumstances he and his fellows found themselves, he went to meet his maker on an empty stomach. I can see that being a cause for short temper and cross words at the pearly gates...

"I'll just check to see if you're on the list"

"Let us in, I'm &lt;deleted&gt; starving"

"Bad language just moves you down the list, son."

But I suppose St Peter is used to it, with smokers...

Do you reckon they have to go outside to smoke in heaven...

"I'm just popping out for a fag...It's freezing out here..."

"Nice and warm down here", says a fellow smoker

"Thanks, mate, Got a light?" - paved with good intentions, so it is.

SC

I am a big eater, but if I knew it was my last meal, i would have no interest in eating it. :blink:

I suppose in troubled times these things could get sprung upon us without warning.

I can just imagine myself before the firing squad, thinking "I can't believe I've still got half a jar of pickled olives in the fridge".

Perhaps exchanging a little banter with the fellows as they clean their rifles "I'll swap you an egg mayonaise sandwich for a curry puff".

No, I can't really imagine it. I can imagine it would really dull my appetite, and Im not normally easily put off my food. But I can see, in that situation, that it would be difficult to re-focus your priorities. Mind, for chaps like 473geo, I can imagine that you still might find yourself a little bit distracted, and struggling to perform

"You're not your usual self dear, is something bothering you?"

No, I think I would definitely be happier to be told what my last meal had been, than asked to choose and plan it.

I can see the merits of a well-cooked casserole. Or a bit of well-hung venison, off the hoof. Washed down with a dram of 12-year-old 2010 vintage...I suppose there's only so far you can push your luck.

SC

If I don't make it home safely this evening from work, it was beef-rice and a bottle of water.

Birdman: In the event that something dreadful should happen, please don't take it personally, and I'm sure it would be purely coincidence.

I'm sure that you are sensible and objective enough to realise that, though I hope that there is no reason for you to be given cause to trouble yourself.

Quoting Ulysses G:

I am a big eater, but if I knew it was my last meal, i would have no interest in eating it.

I can well imagine being somewhat distracted, and possibly not wolfing my meal in my usual fashion...

"Get on with it, man. Stop playing with your food"

"I'm thinking...."

"We've got a schedule to keep to, you know. The world doesn't revolve around you. Get this bloody blindfold on"

Sorry - but to digress, I can imagine, given the relatively sheltered and unadventurous life I lead, that if I was to be on death row, it would be a busier place than it is now. I'm stil struggling to think of other, happier, causes of death that might give you a chance to plan your last meal, but without hampering your appetite. Imagine if you had bowel cancer, and your last meal had to be bland watery gruel. I imagine you'd find this thread particularly upsetting, in that case.

Anyway, this thread has given me a new understanding of the old phrase "Live each day as if it was your last", and I'm looking forward to another last supper tomorrow, I hope. Until then, may God keep you, and for those He takes for his own, safe journey.

SC

• Like 1

What a morbid topic.

SC

Morbid fascination i think ;)

An old hobby of mine, when I worked with access to bloomberg, was to collect the last meals of death row prisoners. Suprisingly they would come over the wire often.

Some of those were very odd indeed. I haven't ever thought of what my last meal would be. I am not a foody so would forgo the last meal in exchange for a tub of haagen daaz instead.

Boo...that has to be one of the most off the wall hobbys i have evere heard of! :P

so what? This thread is a rather not so serious thread about what someone would like to order for the last time in this life if all would be on the menu - capito?

You don't like that or have same obviously unconscious problems with that better don't read it.

Do you take SC posts here as serious,if so maybe i should not spoil SC's fun here :lol: And Capito? &lt;deleted&gt;

:D :D

People can write whatever they want, but should not offend others. Some take that thread serious, some not....got PMs because of that...so the capito :whistling:

and actually and seriously, can't see nothing morbid in that thread and think it's an interesting one, even if some don't get it. :rolleyes:

8>< NESTED QUOTES DELETED ><8

Morbid fascination i think ;)

Boo...that has to be one of the most off the wall hobbys i have evere heard of! :P

Do you take SC posts here as serious,if so maybe i should not spoil SC's fun here :lol: And Capito? &lt;deleted&gt;

:D :D

Surely no-one would jest about such matters?

I can imagine poor chaps on death row with nothing better to do than surf the internet finding such lack of sympathy really quite distressing; I suppoe that's a good argument against capito punishment, or in favour of internet censorship.

Imagine if you'd spent as long as some of the posters here on forming your last menu, only to be granted a stay of execution until the key ingredients went out of season. My heart goes out to such folks.

In the event that wild living and bachanalian debauchery catch up with me in the next couple of hours, my last light snack was a couple of coconut cremes with a cup of nescafe with semi-skimmed milk.

SC