Need Good Advises

fitadong

More likely, much like the 'Grumpy expat', 'they' like a spot to be 'theirs' but there is no such thing as 'theirs', just a large selection of spots and their 'favorite ones'.

I'm not so sure about that, they all have apartment numbers on where I stay in Bangkok. I don't keep a car though so it's not relevant. Maybe I could rent it out.

The OP described himself / herself as moslem, which is a farang description

Uh, what?

More likely, much like the 'Grumpy expat', 'they' like a spot to be 'theirs' but there is no such thing as 'theirs', just a large selection of spots and their 'favorite ones'.

I'm not so sure about that, they all have apartment numbers on where I stay in Bangkok. I don't keep a car though so it's not relevant. Maybe I could rent it out.

Possible, but I somehow doubt it. In either way, even if that was the case, screaming that they will kill someone is a slight overreaction.

Edited by TAWP

If the Thai guy has been made to lose that over used expression "loss of face" then you may have future problems,Thai's don't forget these incidents easily,especially if he comes home one night tanked up on whiskey.If your that concerned

my advice would be to offer some kind of peace offering.ie not sam song.

Onnut how come youdidn't use this tactic aganist the flower pot ladies.

:lol:

My thoughts as well.

Come on Onnut, we want to know? You are the parking dispute expert.

I think on that thread I did say I know somebody who could sort it out but being it involved two old dears I thought that would be a little bit cruel.

The big French dude kind of deserved it but I don't think I could do it again. To be honest, I was terrified for about a week because I thought if it's that simple to do that what could he do to me??! LOL

Onnut how come youdidn't use this tactic aganist the flower pot ladies.

:lol:

My thoughts as well.

Come on Onnut, we want to know? You are the parking dispute expert.

I think on that thread I did say I know somebody who could sort it out but being it involved two old dears I thought that would be a little bit cruel.

The big French dude kind of deserved it but I don't think I could do it again. To be honest, I was terrified for about a week because I thought if it's that simple to do that what could he do to me??! LOL

It has been my experience that most Thai police will only help you in this way if they see a real injustice taking place. I had some help with some dirtbag expats who made it a little too obvious that they were trying to put me out of business with vandalism and threats. However, it never got much past the stage of the policeman and about 10 of his buddies visiting their shops, checking out their legal documents and mentioning that he was aware of what they were up to and that I might not be the only one having problems if it continued .

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yeah, where is the OP. They normally run off once they start a troll topic.

Yeah exactly!

She claimes she is Indonesian!

Trust me guys, I have worked and lived in Indo for many years in the past and that place is FARRR worst than Thailand for threats of violence!

She should be well versed in what to do in these circumstances.

Shall I tell you what you really should do? It's all about face. If you make him lose more and even worse, lose his job...it could well escalate.

If you really want to be sure that nothing will happen, take note of the saying; "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

Buy some fruit and go together with your child to give it to him. Getting your child to give it to him together with a little wai will work wonders. Not only will he gain face, but it shows to everyone that you understand the Thai way. Now he has no more reason to simmer with anger and for you to feel in danger.

He will be hard pressed to be ungracious to a respectful young child. he will lose his face if he does.

thumbsup.gif

Sounds like that driver could be a potential threat to you hereafter. Do you know any authority figure that have "errand boys" he can send to warn that bastard?

In all seriousness, I have an uncle (my father's cousin) who could provide a "warning" service at very reasonable price. He was a high ranking general in the

Thai ministry of Defence (providing security for the palace) After retirement, the King installed him as the deputy director of the Crown Property Bureau (he's the

guy that is responsible for kicking out the hard-to-leave Suanlum Night bazaar expired tenants) . He also owns a security firm that provides bodyguard services.

If you want the "warning" service (with or without hospitalisation-but no killing here) you can contact me, and I can arrange for you to have a meeting with him at

his office. I am Thai, and I can tell you that your trouble is definitely not over!!

Looks like our OP is back.

New and improved English!

:DNo no. I would be prepared to make a swear in front of the Emerald Buddha statue that I am not the OP (the Indo guy)

Just couldn't resist the temptation to signup and add a reply to topics like this. But I have helped a number of farang guys

deal with similar circumstances a number of times already. The OP can confirm at anytime that he's not writing this. I just

wanted to use our positions to help people in distress. And we're not a scammer or the kind that rip people off as well, because

we have a reputation to keep.

why would a muslim woman come on a forum and ask advice for this,was this a real post to start with.

and why would a muslim say for GODS sake i have a 4 year old boy i could understand it if it was for Allah's sake i have a 4 year old as Allah is the muslim word for god they dont use the word god as far as i know and is all i have ever heard used.there are a lot of muslims at this end of town and they all say Allah or another term is by/for the grace of the prophet,never heard a muslim use the term god.

maybe the whole thing is just thai bashing again,get you stirred up about what you would have done as they havent been back.

There really are some sad individuals on this board. Flowers or fruit ? Almost unbelievable.

I suggest that if he ever so much as looks at you in the wrong way again you literally kick the shit out of him or pay some police thugs to do it for you.

Those who live by the sword die by the Gun in Thailand. Some times it is better to just carry on and not acknowledge the person for a while ,

I am the OP, as you see my joined date, I am a newbie. Yes, i just registered on this forum right after the incident with good intention, and didn't know that I got so many replies until today on this forum, although I kept checking my post on Thaivisa at Facebook, but forgot to check this forum. That is my honest explanation. Please don't accuse I run away after posting my predicament and pls don't say bad about my country also, it's out of the topic. I believe every country has plus and minus, I've never said that my country is better than Thailand, however if the incident happened in my home country, I surely know exactly what to do. But again, this is not my country, and I got scolded and threatened by a guy who is a driver (not even a tenant) and he's Thai, he probably has many friends in each city corner, not forget to mention that he sits around in the same building where my family live in and he's actually ex-military guy (you can rephrase it for owning a pistol..). Believe me, this is not easy.

Many thanks for the suggestions, made me understand more about situations in Thailand.

This is an update for whom still concerning about this topic, I have a Thai friend who is a lawyer in my office, whose husband is Thai police colonel, they strongly suggested me to go to police station and made a report for a killing threat and verbal abuse, so if something bad happens to my family or property they know who to blame. I got accepted by a very nice police officer, who listened to my case very carefully and gave his cell number just in case the guy comes attack me again, then they will process him.

A few days after the driver apologized to me, there was a very nice old man introduced himself as the temporary driver to replace the problemed driver. He knew about the incident and claimed the problemed driver as his friend from childhood who has hot blooded and can get angry all of a sudden. The old man said the guy regret for what happened and he guaranteed the guy won't harm my family, he won't dare to do it since he has a daughter whom supported by him. The old man really did make me relief. I think this is what the guy's boss should have done before, apology his behaviour and admit that guy started the incident because of his hot temper, rather than defending him and accusing me for not respecting him and his culture which caused the incident.

Until today, 12 days after the incident, the guy still keeps parking his boss' car in wrong place day and night time, right in front of the lobby at the walkway, blocking the beautiful water fountain which supposedly be seen by other tenants as one of the facility. Surprisingly, neither the security guys nor the aparment mgr banning him to park there, they're just quite and let him. Are they afraid of him? When the incident happened, security guy just stood by his post watching and not doing anything to protect me from the guy's anger, although the guy's face looks like evil wanna eat his victim. Later on different occasion, apartment mgr admit security guy was afraid of him that's why he didn't do anything. This really confirmed my first judgement about him, he's probably a street guy masked an ex-military guy.

For now, I just pretend to be blind coz I don't want to get in to trouble again, although it would fair enough to ask the security to warn whoever park wrongly. I did that before, look what I got.. Again, this is not my country, I am just a Farang..

Mrs. Dong,

Happy to hear things worked out well.

If going back to square one is working out well, then ok. But the driver apologised yet still continues to annoy the tenant by breaking rules. Nothing has changed.

Edited by CarlBkk

Mrs. Dong,

Happy to hear things worked out well.

If going back to square one is working out well, then ok. But the driver apologised yet still continues to annoy the tenant by breaking rules. Nothing has changed.

Carl,

I couldn't agree more.. Nothing has changed after the incident.. he still parks in the wrong place to ease his boss getting in and out, without putting other tenants' needs in to account... the boss always hides behind her excuse.."I don't know where he normally parks the car.. I just get in and out of the car in lobby..".. Apartment mgr and security don't warn him for breaking the rules, although they know what was the incident about .. keep quite.. or they're just trying to stay out of problem... Like what I am doing now.. How lame..

True, but the thing that has changed that makes her feel enormously better is that a Thai has admitted fault of another Thai and assured her that he will do nothing to hurt her. This goes a long way. Before she was terrified of the unknown. Now the situation seems more "handle-able".

What is probably going on is the owner of the car is a powerful person and nobody wants to interfere with him by interfering with the driver.

True, but the thing that has changed that makes her feel enormously better is that a Thai has admitted fault of another Thai and assured her that he will do nothing to hurt her. This goes a long way. Before she was terrified of the unknown. Now the situation seems more "handle-able".

What is probably going on is the owner of the car is a powerful person and nobody wants to interfere with him by interfering with the driver.

Interesting assertion. It is true that maybe the boss of the female tenant is an important guy, but do you really think the condo management know who it is? I just think the condo management are weak. If it were another condo with tighter rules I'm sure they would have nipped this in the bud straight away. If the woman doesn't care where he parks the car, the decision to leave the car right outside the lobby is only the driver's. Any condo management with a couple of balls would have said "no, please leave the car over there" a long time ago.