Scoozi

TheLaughingMan

This is not a comment on their food, food is fine, this is about the customer service so figured it belonged in Bangkok section.

I order from Scoozi all the time, today I ordered what I always order for my girlfriend and I, 3 sausage sandwiches, make sure they are not spicy as we cannot eat them. The sandwich usually comes on excellent bread with cooked vegetables and non spicy sausage. Today I received 3 spicy sandwiches on crappy cheap bread with no cooked vegetables. 500 baht isnt cheap for sandwiches, I expect to get everything on the sandwich the way its supposed to be and non spicy since that is what I always request. So I call them back and explain the problem, they debate it for a while amongst themselves and then tell me they will call back. They call back to apologise....uhm... then silence. So I wait and then get frustrated.. "AND?" And they apologise again...<deleted>? So I state the obvious since it totally escapes them, "you have 500 of my baht and I have nothing to eat, what are you going to do about that?" They act completely surprised and "Oh! Do you want to cancel?" Yes obviously I want to cancel so they send the driver back to collect the food and give me my money back.... This action is how you lose customers. No thought to fixing the situation or giving me a credit or ANYTHING to appease a frustrated and hungry customer! I have a few friends that order form them too and no one will order again simply out of principle after this.

I asked to speak to a manager several times and it all went unheeded.... way to lose a small group of loyal customers that order from you every week. If this was a Thai restaurant with cheap food no problem, but when you are paying a premium price for food from a falang restaurant... cmon. <_<

Meh, dont think so, back home they would have bent over backwards to make sure I at least had dinner, but would most definately given me something like a credit or free sandwich or anything to appease a customer who had to wait an extra hour to eat from somewhere else!

So you got a full refund and yet you still expect a store credit should have been offered, sheesh aint you got some front.

Thats what Chefsxp or Pizza Hut would have done.. The only time Pizza Hut f**ked up my order, I got a call from the Area Manager with a personal apology and the 700 baht set for free the next time I ordered. ;)

No, store credit would have completely appeased me, like so many other restaurants have done in countries that care about repeat business, but I never expect that from Thai run businesses in Thailand, falang though... they should know better. But at the very least Scoozi could have taken a new order that I could pay for?! They didn't care in the slightest that due to their mistake I'm just not eating anything. Landed up ordering pizza company... ugh.

After reading the last comment I remembered a time pizza company simply didnt deliver... anything! Waited 90 minutes before I called them and they told me they still hadn't sent it, so I cancelled. They contacted me back and gave me credit for a free pizza next time I order. Ya, scoozi is messed up, even Thai run businesses are conducting proper business practices to fix their mistakes so they dont lose customers.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

"store credit would have completely appeased me,"

Even though the food is bad? I'm reminded of the Woody Allen story: Two old women go to lunch, and the 1st woman comments, "The food is terrible!" The 2nd woman comments, "And the portions are so small."

You got your money back, and it's time to move on.

Even though the food is bad? I'm reminded of the Woody Allen story: Two old women go to lunch, and the 1st woman comments, "The food is terrible!" The 2nd woman comments, "And the portions are so small."

I clearly said the food was fine, that this was a complaint about customer service. Reading fail.

I still don't understand why you would expect a credit and your money back?

I dont know.... I just have always received something after a major screw up from a restaurant, even Thai ones I'm now remembering. But that isn't the real affront, it was the fact that they never even considered just taking a new order so I could eat.... just weird and bad customer service.

Scoozi Food and Pizza are terrible. There was a time when it was ok, but that was years ago. to top it off. terrible service. I agree That even The Pizza Company is better. Now I just order from Bacco.

Gotta agree on that. Those spicy sausage sandwiches are the best thing on the menu, but you need 3 to actually fill a space in the stomach....and they ain't cheap! Pizza is bloody awful. Just because they have a foreign owner (Italian) don't expect Western customer service from every branch when he's not there.

Remember where we are. If something is below par here I'd feel I've won if I actually got a refund. Forget about credit on top!

Umm spicy sausage sandwiches. Sounds good, I'll have to give them a go next time I'm in the area.

I once lived in Amsterdam and occasionally ordered Chinese food for delivery. Of course I couldn't speak any Dutch and the people at the Chinese takeaway couldn't speak any English. I ordered various dishes and not once did I ever get what I wanted. Some of them were really nice but I had no way of reordering them as I didn't have a clue what it was that I was eating. If I got a rotten one I just threw it away and ordered a pizza instead.

I ordered a sandwich at au bon pain on Thonglor recently,took my drink and went to sit down until they call my number for my sandwich (they normally bring it to the table to be honest). So i start reading my paper, after 10 minutes I look and see people coming in after me already sitting and eating. I went to the counter and the supervisor was there, I asked about my sandwich and they had no even started to make it, as this was not the first time this has happened I asked her to train her staff better and to take more care when receiving orders. I sat down again and waited for my sandwich. to cut a long story short when she brought my sandwich she also refunded me my money. i intended to give this back as I was leaving. As I finished my sanfwich a cake also appeared as an apology.

Well as I was leaving I gave the money back as I had eaten the sandwich so not really fair to keep the money, they said sorry again and said they hope I will remain a customer (I eat lunch there often) and as long as they don't mess up again I will eat there as they made an effort to put it right.

Umm spicy sausage sandwiches. Sounds good, I'll have to give them a go next time I'm in the area.

I once lived in Amsterdam and occasionally ordered Chinese food for delivery. Of course I couldn't speak any Dutch and the people at the Chinese takeaway couldn't speak any English. I ordered various dishes and not once did I ever get what I wanted. Some of them were really nice but I had no way of reordering them as I didn't have a clue what it was that I was eating. If I got a rotten one I just threw it away and ordered a pizza instead.

Can't be that hard if you have a menu. The dishes are in chinese spelled with the regular alphabet. Many times they also did not speak good Dutch and i still was able to order things.

I clearly said the food was fine, that this was a complaint about customer service. Reading fail.

That's funny because I am sure it was you who said '"Today I received 3 spicy sandwiches on crappy cheap bread with no cooked vegetables." a reading fail? yes it was, except it was yours not his.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I should have a look if other had any experience with Scoozi.

So I did a search, and yes indeed.

Just got a wrong pizza delivered....again.

2nd time in a few months.

Of course, as soon as I discovered it, and tried to call, the place had closed.

Silly of me not to check the food upon delivery.

I guess this should be the first rule.

Anyhow, what are the odds this happens to the same customer twice?

Not good odds, unless this is more the rule (to deliver wrong).

I loove pizza, and they finally lost me as a customer.

I've ordered from Scoozi many times, never had a problem with a wrong order. Even if they messed up I'd probably just eat it anyway, not a lot of choices for decent delivered pizza. Only place I've gotten wrong orders from is McDonalds, around 3am on a weekend when all the other drunk people are calling

I ordered a sandwich at au bon pain on Thonglor recently,took my drink and went to sit down until they call my number for my sandwich (they normally bring it to the table to be honest). So i start reading my paper, after 10 minutes I look and see people coming in after me already sitting and eating. I went to the counter and the supervisor was there, I asked about my sandwich and they had no even started to make it, as this was not the first time this has happened I asked her to train her staff better and to take more care when receiving orders. I sat down again and waited for my sandwich. to cut a long story short when she brought my sandwich she also refunded me my money. i intended to give this back as I was leaving. As I finished my sanfwich a cake also appeared as an apology.

Well as I was leaving I gave the money back as I had eaten the sandwich so not really fair to keep the money, they said sorry again and said they hope I will remain a customer (I eat lunch there often) and as long as they don't mess up again I will eat there as they made an effort to put it right.

I had the same problem in Silom so I just got the refund and not the sandwich. I complained by email and they gave me a credit note which I did not use but I was impressed that they took the trouble to apologise and hoped that I would visit them again which I still do and enjoy very good service. I just wish they would not run out of Oatmeal cookies so often as I enjoy one with my coffee.

Hi Op,

Reason for edit, I was going to question if you spoke Thai. However, after rereading I see that you do not.

You could try learning the language, or getting a better grasp at the tones if you already speak Thai or better yet ty letting your Thai girlfriend do the ordering > Before tossing around words like "Escapes Them"!

Enjoy you stay

Jai Yen

:jap:

Edited by Newguy70

I ordered a pizza from this place years ago and the delivery boy must of carried the pizza on it's side as all the cheese and toppings had stuck to the side of the box. So I sent it back and then the next one they sent was cold.

I have never reordered!!!

Hi OP,

Glad to see you posting again..I remember seeing a post of yours a while back when you were having a hard time on the girlfriend front....good to see you're back on the saddle again, in more ways then one ;):)

As far as your issue goes, i notice that BKcarl mentions the owner is an Italian??

Well let me tell you, my family is partly Italian, and from my childhood experiences i can tell you that the average Italian guy is NOT known for his mild temper, gentle nature and virtue of abounding patience!

Where money and business is concerned you can expect even less of the above.

SO i think this one might come down to management to a certain degree. If the guy is a walking pressure cooker waiting to explode (anything like my late grandfather) the staff are probably TERRIFIED of him, and terrified of loosing their job, loosing money and/or having to explain a stuff-up:unsure:

I see what you mean about the employees not being able to think for themselves..it seems to be the norm here, but i surmise a heavy handed boss will not encourage free thinking anyway if will cost his bottom line.

When it comes to service in LOS i have adopted the attitude that its better to expect less...and then you will never be dissapointed :rolleyes:

Amusing thread anyway...i just hope it doesnt turn out like the one where the guy was complaing about to much ice in his cokeB)

I went to a party the other night and they ordered from a company called big pizza which i'd never heard of and they were very good. i notice here that pizza consistency is similair to that of chang beer :rolleyes: . I guess that with scoozi, when they expanded they simply didn't have time to train everyone correctly. its to be expected -however, i do think that on the whole their pizza is still very good.

"Oh! Do you want to cancel?" Yes obviously I want to cancel so they send the driver back to collect the food and give me my money back.... This action is how you lose customers.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but they asked you if you want to cancel. You said yes, and this is exactly what happened, your order was cancelled and your money returned.

If, in actual fact, what you really wanted was your order replaced with some new food prepared differently, then why didn't you ask for this instead?

At least I got a very pleasent reply when I mailed them:

Might be a standarized mail, but still nice to receive it.

Dear Mr. (my name),

I want to sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our

delivery service on July 16, 2010. Your comments were most troubling but I

want to unequivocally thank you for bringing this to my attention. Without

your feedback I might never have known of it.

It is our highest priority to provide our guests with an exceptional

delivery service experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do

this. What you experienced is totally unacceptable and we have already taken

steps to ensure that this does not happen in our delivery service again.

While I cannot change the past, I would like to invite you back as my

personal guest so that we can show you that we really can do a much better

job than what you experienced. Please come back to enjoy delivery service

again.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology for this unfortunate incident

and thank you for E-mail us know about it. I hope that you will give more

information and reply E-mail to me.

Best regards,

Mr. (Thai name)

Project Coordinator Manager

(full address e-mail and phone numbers)