Any Decent Yum Cha In Phuket?

tfc

Seems to be a dying thing here ?? I remember lots when I first got here, now I only know of 2 and one of those is only a few different pork type things, not much selection.

If you go past the Int hospital, past index and the farang restaurant.. Before the next furniture place and the garage theres one there on the corner, havent eaten there in a couple of years but used to be good ish, only open in the am if memory serves and does that thai style coffee made in a sock. Used to go get breakfast there daily when sleeping in the hospital caring for someone.

Would love to find one that had the really varied kind of stuff, like Chinese dim sum variety.

There is a place opposite Daorung school. Like a Sino designed place in a townhome unit. am time serving.

Another down Naka Road. Other side from the weekend market, can't quite think whether its opposite or not but its along there in an 'old style' modern Thai stand alone building, easy to notice. All day serving I think

One more along Srisoonthorn Road, left hand side heading west. Harder to find, close to the police station and before the new pink bank (name?). Its in a normal local building, but very nice here! am serving.

Samkong has numerous along the main road there. am serving

The dim sum shop in Kata, across the street from the driveway to Ratri Jazz Restaurant is excellent.

Orange sign, I believe the name is Masala Dim Sum, only open morningtime I think until about 12 noon.

Not only very good dim sum, but killer black coffee.

The dim sum shop in Kata, across the street from the driveway to Ratri Jazz Restaurant is excellent.

Orange sign, I believe the name is Masala Dim Sum, only open morningtime I think until about 12 noon.

Not only very good dim sum, but killer black coffee.

That would be Mala dim sum - they've been there for years. And yes, dim sum is only so-so.

A half decent one would be the top floor Chinese restaurant (White Lotus?) in Royal Phuket City Hotel in Phuket town. Prices are above average but they are the best ones I could find.

Apparently Metropole Hotel does weekend dim sum buffet starting/ ending at 11am. Not sure which (start or end 11am), but went there both times and missed the buffet, so gave up.

Also Jade restaurant near to the Chalong circle (opp. Chalong police station) they're ok, better than Mala dim sum IMO.