World Cup - Usa

Jingthing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I am no football expert by any means, I am 100% sure England would rather play Ghana instead of Germany.

The reason why its good to have won this group is because the route to the semi final is exceptionally easy, whereas England will have to play the Germans, Argentina and if Spain win their group we'll get them in the semis should they beat the other 2.

Where is that cast in stone? It is possible that a stronger team then Spain may make it as it's not even a given that Spain is in at this point is it? I say stronger because if Spain can only draw even with Chili in points then it comes down to GF which depends on what's scored in the up coming match. It is far from certain as Spain plays Chili a stronger showing so far then Spain and Switzerland plays a weaker team in Honduras and only need 3 goals to advance if Spain and Chili draw at nil..No, Spain going through is far from confirmed...

from what i remember the brits around here were all calling group C EASY (y for yank) that pretty much told me what their expectation was for the 1st round. I watched the matches at home because I had a feeling the US team would win the group and at a min. draw with England which meant I would need to keep my joy hidden or else risk offending others. :ph34r: Now that the finalk 16 are chosen i am most prud of the never quit attitude that the US team displayed, they had plenty of cause to give up but they just kept pushing forward and that imho is what makes them a challenge for any team to deal with.

• Like 2

While I am no football expert by any means, I am 100% sure England would rather play Ghana instead of Germany.

Im not overly bothered about playing Germany over Ghana, if anything its better the devil you know.

The reason why its good to have won this group is because the route to the semi final is exceptionally easy, whereas England will have to play the Germans, Argentina and if Spain win their group we'll get them in the semis should they beat the other 2.

But also all the English on this and other threads have said well dont to the Americans and that theyve played well deserving top spot.

I think if you read back, nobody said the USA didn't deserve top spot. We have been incredibly hard on England and didn't deserve it based on the performances. Anyways, continuing to moan about it won't make FIFA go back and change the rules so England can play Ghana will it.

:rolleyes:

Right but there's the problem, you all fail to recognize, due to your arrogance about so many things but most especially this sport.

You believe that you "failed to win your group" because YOU played so poorly and refuse to accept the reality that maybe you're just not a real TEAM that can win and were just possibly outclassed. You give no credit for the TEAMS that drew themselves together to draw or beat you in the first place... It's more then possible that you just weren't/aren't good enough and that is what strikes fear in your hearts and the 'head in the sand' denial that is so blatant to anyone watching from outside with your possibly misplaced blind faith.....It's poor form on your parts in every sense of the description.....

Every time you claim to give credit you never leave it at that, you then go onto justify WHY YOU didn't take your group etc...Therefore your compliments or credit given is then nullified by your need to justify YOUR perceived poor performance and not just leave the credit to stand on it's own..

("you" in this context extends to all English supporters and not any one given poster)

Edited by WarpSpeed

Warp speed you have just stated the fact yourself .....yes this is a World Cup thread about the USA in South Africa.

I have just read your posta here and to be honest with you,not once have you actually stated anywhere on this thread about your teams performance so far in this comp,all you have done is continually waffle on about American this and American that ,is it that you are here for only the reason to antagonize people because you dont see the irony(yes sarcasm also)in there posts or is simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

This is the problem, there is no such thing as an "English sense of humor" only an excuse for being dictatorial, patronizing, sarcastic, dismissive and disingenuous to other people under the guise of referring to it as an "English sense of humor" when it is not and your expectation that everyone should accept it as such instead of you trying to ram it down our throat you should be more flexible and understanding.

Moreover damned if someone tries to apply the same back as you have no concept of American sense of humor nor any respect for American intelligence (queue flamers)... So toddle off now back to your own thread and stop the pretentious and patronizing lectures along with hijacking this thread will you?...Unless you have some real beneficial contribution to make which so far you've shown none of.

JFYI If I want to blather on about how good the US is, then this is the place to do it so get off your high and mighty horse about it you're free to leave at any point and not come back.....

As for flaming well I'm gagged about responding to that, so it's an uneven playing field tilted in your favor as usual isn't it??

All you ever do is flame. This isn't about football is it. Just pathetic anti English rants. Whilst i despise the way you speak, i am also at a loss as to why you picked on this forum?

USA World cup thread??? Are you lost??? Apparently!!!!!!!

Im not overly bothered about playing Germany over Ghana, if anything its better the devil you know.

But also all the English on this and other threads have said well dont to the Americans and that theyve played well deserving top spot.

I think if you read back, nobody said the USA didn't deserve top spot. We have been incredibly hard on England and didn't deserve it based on the performances. Anyways, continuing to moan about it won't make FIFA go back and change the rules so England can play Ghana will it.

Right but there's the problem, you all fail to recognize, due to your arrogance about so many things but most especially this sport.

You believe that you "failed to win your group" because YOU played so poorly and refuse to accept the reality that maybe you're just not a real TEAM that can win and you give no credit for the TEAMS that drew themselves together to draw or beat you in the first place... It's more then possible that you just weren't/aren't good enough and that is what strikes fear in your hearts and the 'head in the sand' denial that is so blatant to anyone watching from outside with your possibly misplaced blind faith.....It's poor form on your parts in every sense of the description.....

Really go back and read the original threads on the England page mate. All of us except Singers (where's he gone by the way) were saying England played like <deleted> in the run-up to the start of the WC and were worried about it heading into the competition.

This worry was founded in retrospect. Yes the US played well against England and you played better against Algeria than England as well and hence why you topped the group.

The rest of your rant is pure bitterness if I may say so - sad really considering you haven't won anything yet. 

The Limeys are still sore that we beat them. Yes, they considered a draw to us a loss, that much is obvious. Now they have to play Germany. Good luck with that.

Nice Jing Thing, but you didn't beat us - you finished ahead of us on goal difference in the group stage. To beat us, you had that would have entailed actually winning the game against England.

Actually, I haven't seen anything sore from most of the people here - thought you guys deserved to qualify for the next stage. Both teams now have to win their next game.

BTW, I'm surprised you didn't attach a poll to the USA thread. Most disappointing :lol: .

I am surprised the Brits here are so literal. If you actually think I meant you draw is anything but a draw, that is bizarre, and actually I don't even believe you didn't get my point.

So I suppose I have to spell this out. England really expected to beat the U.S.A. and anything less (yes a draw) was less than expectations. For the U.S. on the other hand, tying England was a virtual (but not actual) victory. Duh!

I'm not surprised, true colors and all that when it serves their purpose to do so.. Even JT is getting frustrated with the petty contradictions, pedantic mis-perceptions and spins being thrown about and that's saying a lot, so I guess it's not any one particular poster and maybe not just US then is it guys??

Edited by WarpSpeed

from what i remember the brits around here were all calling group C EASY (y for yank) that pretty much told me what their expectation was for the 1st round. I watched the matches at home because I had a feeling the US team would win the group and at a min. draw with England which meant I would need to keep my joy hidden or else risk offending others. :ph34r: Now that the finalk 16 are chosen i am most prud of the never quit attitude that the US team displayed, they had plenty of cause to give up but they just kept pushing forward and that imho is what makes them a challenge for any team to deal with.

Well stated, as well they conveniently forget just how thin the line between first round elimination and going home with France and Italy was as opposed to being second was in the first place..

Warp speed you have just stated the fact yourself .....yes this is a World Cup thread about the USA in South Africa.

I have just read your posta here and to be honest with you,not once have you actually stated anywhere on this thread about your teams performance so far in this comp,all you have done is continually waffle on about American this and American that ,is it that you are here for only the reason to antagonize people because you dont see the irony(yes sarcasm also)in there posts or is simply that you don't understand the English sense of humour.

This is the problem, there is no such thing as an "English sense of humor" only an excuse for being dictatorial, patronizing, sarcastic, dismissive and disingenuous to other people under the guise of referring to it as an "English sense of humor" when it is not and your expectation that everyone should accept it as such instead of you trying to ram it down our throat you should be more flexible and understanding.

Moreover damned if someone tries to apply the same back as you have no concept of American sense of humor nor any respect for American intelligence (queue flamers)... So toddle off now back to your own thread and stop the pretentious and patronizing lectures along with hijacking this thread will you?...Unless you have some real beneficial contribution to make which so far you've shown none of.

JFYI If I want to blather on about how good the US is, then this is the place to do it so get off your high and mighty horse about it you're free to leave at any point and not come back.....

As for flaming well I'm gagged about responding to that, so it's an uneven playing field tilted in your favor as usual isn't it??

All you ever do is flame. This isn't about football is it. Just pathetic anti English rants. Whilst i despise the way you speak, i am also at a loss as to why you picked on this forum?

Sorry about that. I'll try to make myself clear.

Why have you picked a football forum?

Your bitter and twisted rhetoric is far more suited to a forum purely dedicated to anti English sentiment.

You believe that you "failed to win your group" because YOU played so poorly and refuse to accept the reality that maybe you're just not a real TEAM that can win and you give no credit for the TEAMS that drew themselves together to draw or beat you in the first place... It's more then possible that you just weren't/aren't good enough and that is what strikes fear in your hearts and the 'head in the sand' denial that is so blatant to anyone watching from outside with your possibly misplaced blind faith.....It's poor form on your parts in every sense of the description.....

Really go back and read the original threads on the England page mate. All of us except Singers (where's he gone by the way) were saying England played like <deleted> in the run-up to the start of the WC and were worried about it heading into the competition.

This worry was founded in retrospect. Yes the US played well against England and you played better against Algeria than England as well and hence why you topped the group.

The rest of your rant is pure bitterness if I may say so - sad really considering you haven't won anything yet.

Your misguided again We topped our group!!! I'm not the one who's bitter!! It's you who can not give credit and just leave it at that, you ALWAYS have to justify why YOU (England) got topped, it can never be just your shortcomings in skill or tactics and anyone else's better skills and tactics as the reason...

I guess the word I'm searching for is "excuses" or as mentioned "spin" you always have them it's never that just another team outplayed you. No it's the managers fault or the captains fault, or god forbid in the case of your first goalie it's his girlfriends fault as the press tried to imply, or just the goalies fault for that matter, it's always someone elses fault and you're never just out played by a better team or worse yet a number of teams god for bid you can never just be 'outplayed'... I can't wait for the vuvuzelas excuse to come, surprised it hasn't come through already...

There is always a caveat to be had......

Edited by WarpSpeed

Sorry about that. I'll try to make myself clear.

Why have you picked a football forum?

Your bitter and twisted rhetoric is far more suited to a forum purely dedicated to anti English sentiment.

You're a whiner, can you stay on topic? It's quite tedious at this point in a thread that you are free to leave at any point...

Your misguided again We topped our group!!! I'm not the one who's bitter!! It's you who can not give credit and just leave it at that, you ALWAYS have to justify why YOU (England) got topped, it can never be just your shortcomings in skill or tactics and anyone else's better skills and tactics as the reason...

I guess the word I'm searching for is "excuses" or as mentioned "spin" you always have them it's never that just another team outplayed you. No it's the managers fault or the captains fault, or god forbid in the case of your first goalie it's his girlfriends fault as the press tried to imply, or just the goalies fault for that matter, it's always someone elses fault and you're never just out played by a better team or worse yet a number of teams god for bid you can never just be 'outplayed'... I can't wait for the vuvuzelas excuse to come, surprised it hasn't come through already...

There is always a caveat to be had......

I gave you credit. I said you deserved to win the group. What the F do you want a medal? Do you want people so make special note of this achievement on July 4?

Example: We topped our group in the Champions League but lost to Bayern in the knock-out stages, we won f-all in the overall scheme of things.

from what i remember the brits around here were all calling group C EASY (y for yank) that pretty much told me what their expectation was for the 1st round.

Maybe your memory isn't so good because it sounds to me like you are getting what UK tabloids were saying in their daft headlines mixed up with what English fans were saying.

I gave you credit. I said you deserved to win the group. What the F do you want a medal? Do you want people so make special note of this achievement on July 4?

Example: We topped our group in the Champions League but lost to Bayern in the knock-out stages, we won f-all in the overall scheme of things.

After cleaning up that quoting nightmare I can now respond...

What I want?? Hmmmmmmm........................ A little genuine humility maybe? Giving credit when it is qualified by why YOU didn't win versus just being outplayed is no credit at all.....

Yes we did win our group and coming second to the US is nearly as demoralizing and humiliating for you as if you had lost the world cup lets be honest. Unless you can overcome it by going further we then we do, another reason why the justifications are already flying before the matches by saying how much easier our future matches are compared to yours. So just get over it and in regards to your second part it must suck to be you and have such high expectations in the first place over a relatively meaningless sport in the grand scheme of things, that way you only set yourself up for a much higher fall when it goes pear shaped for you..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I have a very sore neck now from continuously shaking my head in disbelieve. What a horrible exchange of hate. Somebody has to give in now - please.

Well it's OUR thread so how about the trolling opposition backing off for a change??

Actually I've seen no hate and a lot of realistic perspective and truth coming out and in response to a ton of hypersensitivity on the main oppositions part..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I have a very sore neck now from continuously shaking my head in disbelieve. What a horrible exchange of hate. Somebody has to give in now - please.

Well it's OUR thread so how about the trolling opposition backing off for a change??

are you as objectionable in real life by the way? i ask only because as i posted elsewhere all the americans i've watched the world cup with so far have been great fun. you must be a real laugh to watch a game with.

Yes we did win our group and coming second to the US is nearly as demoralizing and humiliating for you as if you had lost the world cup lets be honest.

What has been demoralising and humiliating for us is the way we played - especially our first two games. Couldn't give a monkey's about finishing behind the US. They deserved to top the group and they did. End of.

If i have a regret about us not finishing above the US it is that we have had to listen to all this nonsense from you.

Public forum. Not anybody's thread.

Yes you'd do well to keep in that mind yourself when the same courtesy is afforded to you then, but I did say "thread" not "forum"...

There goes another thread trolled by hooligans...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Right lads. After reading through the last 4 pages of crap. Lets get back on topic. This is the USA thread. Not the lets have a go at Brits or Yanks thread. Next off topic comment and i'm handing out holidays. If you dont know the rules of ThaiVisa by now. You can find them HERE!

Anyway I'm really looking forward to the Brazil Portugal match tonight I think that Brazil should play Portugal tough as it states their position going into the later rounds and puts Portugal on their back heel provided that Portugal even gets through if they loose to Brazil.

Also I believe that it makes sense for Brazil to consider the possibility that they might end up playing Portugal again at some later point in the cup and they'd like to do away with them now if it's possible.. That's how I'd play it if I were their coach....

Edited by WarpSpeed

After cleaning up that quoting nightmare I can now respond...

What I want?? Hmmmmmmm........................ A little genuine humility maybe? Giving credit when it is qualified by why YOU didn't win versus just being outplayed is no credit at all.....

Yes we did win our group and coming second to the US is nearly as demoralizing and humiliating for you as if you had lost the world cup lets be honest. Unless you can overcome it by going further we then we do, another reason why the justifications are already flying before the matches by saying how much easier our future matches are compared to yours. So just get over it and in regards to your second part it must suck to be you and have such high expectations in the first place over a relatively meaningless sport in the grand scheme of things, that way you only set yourself up for a much higher fall when it goes pear shaped for you..

Mate, its not demoralizing at all to finish 2nd in our group. After the way we played  - especially against Algeria we'll take it, even if it mean meeting Germany. (hint, you don't get any prizes for coming 2nd in competitions like this - all or nothing I am afraid).

I for one am pleased to be playing ze yermans. For me, along with many others, it is THE draw in international football and one which may have been missed if we did not meet in this round.

Edited by Moonrakers

My country failed to reach the finals and has never made it past the first round yet we still manage to enjoy the football whatever. This display says a lot about the mentality of both countries I reckon although the blatant flaming from one poster is the constant heat source....