Iphone 4

nashslash

Hi,

Can you confirm that no HTC or Android phone is as good as the iPhone 3 or iphone 4 ?

I'm not interested in anything with a phone except having the biggest screen for internet and the fastest phone to write messages and browse the phone menu, and it seems that Android is not as fast as iPhone, so iPhone 3 or iPhone 4 are the only options ?

Thanks for help.

I believe it to be just as good if not better in some respects. (Do not intend to start a PC Vs Mac type holy war with this post)

:offtopic:

With Android you can choose your hardware (HTC, Moto, Samsung, LG, Sony)

It will will play Flash.

you get multi notifications on you device ( The notification bar on the Android phone can alert you to new voice messages, email messages, Facebook notifications, new Gmail, new text messages, and much more )

tight Google integration

Tremendous voice to text capabilities

A physical keyboard (if you want one)

Manage your connectivity from your home screen: access to your WiFi, bluetooth, GPS, Data Sync and screen brightness all in one go.

Will accept any sim card (new iphone 4 uses a micro sim)

you can swap the battery out

you can boot custom roms

you can hold it any way you like :whistling: (ok that last on was a dig at iphone)

:yellowcard:

I have Had my Nexus One Since January and It's been fantastic and really zippy and i have received constant over the air updates adding speed and functionality to my device.

Current top spec android phones available at the moment that I would suggest are the HTC Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S both of which you can get in Phuket.

do a google search for a show down between phones and see what you come up with

e.g. iPhone 4 vs Dell Streak vs HTC Desire vs Samsung Galaxy S vs iPhone 3GS

my jailbroken iphone does all of this.. theres a ton of taskbar addon.

android vs apple is like windows vs linux.. sure linux does all the same things, its easier once you get used to it.. but for most normal user going on the non-majority side is just a pain in the ass most of the time

Edited by ilyelol

OK so they finally added keyboards.. But the bluetooth is still apple crippled..

File transfers via bluetooth ?? VCard contact details ?? Moving address books from non apple phones ??

Mates have reported being unable to do a 3 way sync (phone / GPS / Headset) and unable to sync to a bluetooth car stearo.. Might be the mates tho.. ;)

I am not enough of a fanboy to argue it.. But the apple closed system annoys me, so use have gone android.

just see it this way, apple has the most nerds in the world. If you think about something you want your phone to do, a guy already programmed it or its on its way. And obviously the 'underground' already cracked it.. best way to get known is to get the popular products.. iphone is way more popular than androids

Edited by ilyelol

just see it this way, apple has the most nerds in the world. If you think about something you want your phone to do, a guy already programmed it or its on its way. And obviously the 'underground' already cracked it.. best way to get known is to get the popular products..

But often you need to jailbreak (with all the security issues) to get that.. And thats only for software not the crippled hardware issues, like bluetooth.

iphone is way more popular than androids

Only historically, but according to all the market share reports of the last few months.. Android taking market share from apple, more androids sold etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people have to argue about the phone? The OP asked where to get one not the pros and cons of ownig one. If you do not know where to get one then perhaps you should post your opinions in the Apple forum in the iPhone 4 discussion thread where your opinions might actually be relevant.

• 3 months later...

Yesterday there were quite a few people buying iPhone 4s at the Apple outlet in Central, next to Watsons.

16GB at 20,650 with AIS package or 22,250 without.

32GB at 23,900 with AIS package or 26,000 without.

VAT has to be added to both prices & apparently they only have the 32GB model left at present.

Yesterday there were quite a few people buying iPhone 4s at the Apple outlet in Central, next to Watsons.

VAT has to be added to both prices & apparently they only have the 32GB model left at present.

Exact same pricing at the DTAC place downstairs Jungceylon. I didn't check availability of phones though.

Exact same pricing at the DTAC place downstairs Jungceylon. I didn't check availability of phones though.

Assume Telewiz (AIS) & DTAC in Big C will also be the same. Wonder what True is selling them for?

Not much point in having one of these overpriced gadgets, they don't work well here with the pathetic services provided and it doesn't look like the 3G will be here any time soon and 4G is only a pipe dream.

3G all along the west coast.. Using 3G in chaing mai no problem, didnt have to do anything, 3G clicked on as soon as I arrived.

Suggest you check again.