Nouvo Mirrors

Sakeopete

I just bought a Nouvo recently and so far like it very much. However the mirrors are too low and narrow and my shoulders obstruct my view. Has anyone replaced the mirrors with wider/taller ones? If so where did you get them from?

if your shoulders are obstructing then you need to reposition the mirrors. elbows obstructing ok, just learn to tuck ya elbow in. If you HAVE to get bigger mirrors just check out ya local bike shop, they are slightly different between models and manufactures. then buy the ones you think will be ok (about 150-200b)

I'm in the same situation with a MX Nouvo.

I've looked for mirrors with wider stalks and extenders too. Downside is that they will extend - beyond the handlebars - making the slipping through stopped traffic a bit trickier.

I'm looking now at those sticky convex mirrors at bicycle shops, thinking to attach them to the inner part of my present mirrors, as I only see myself in that part. But while they should reveal my "blind spots" off to the side, those I've seen are not only small but of poor plastic quality. Still looking.

Guys... spend some time setting up your mirrors. its as much the angle as anything else (sometimes having the mirror angled in more gives you more of a view). then learn to tuck ya elbow in when you look in the mirror. its easy really. If that still does not work then see if you can get bar end mirrors.

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/Duc/duc-barendMirrors.html

Guys... spend some time setting up your mirrors. its as much the angle as anything else (sometimes having the mirror angled in more gives you more of a view). then learn to tuck ya elbow in when you look in the mirror. its easy really. If that still does not work then see if you can get bar end mirrors.

https://ccrma.stanfo...endMirrors.html

I agree with you thaicbr, you never to old to learn...I am so used to having my mirrors set horizontally (asthetics) that I was actually used to having to tuck in my arms. My wife showed her style of a more angles mirror, even though it didn't look asthetically pleasing, it was a dam_n sight more functional. My 999S DP mirrors are now slightly more angled and work a hel_l of a lot better for viewing. I still tuck my arms, but not so much these days.

excuse the bags of rice :)

846.photobucket.com/albums/ab23/Ducati999S/MOTORCYCLE/IMG_5010.jpg[/img]IMG_5016.jpg

if your shoulders are obstructing then you need to reposition the mirrors. elbows obstructing ok, just learn to tuck ya elbow in. If you HAVE to get bigger mirrors just check out ya local bike shop, they are slightly different between models and manufactures. then buy the ones you think will be ok (about 150-200b)

Just bought a new Nouvo and thought the mirrors were not as good as my rented Air-Blade. Mentioned this to the dealer and they offered to fit new mirrors for me. They sit higher than the standard mirrors but don't stick any further out. The result is an excellent rear view and I'm still able to squeeze through the tiny gaps. The mirrors are round and only cost Bt 200 (Got to keep the old(new) ones). I would recommend them as a great way to vastly reduce that dreaded blind spot.