Food Price Inflation On The Horizon?

Replogle

After listening to the news lady on television the Wife mentioned the possibility of inevitable price increases for eggs and other foodstuffs. Currently, one can buy three large eggs for B10 at their local mini marts however a 20% spike may soon occur. I imagine the news commentator was perhaps floating a trial balloon in order to gauge public reaction, but who knows...

Egg's have been going up for age's 5 week's ago 10 chick: egg's were 35/6bt now 40/5 bt seem's it's to do with the hot weather. They are saying that in a few week' s they should start to go down. The government have also tried to blame the Red shirt's according to today's BKK post.

Egg's have been going up for age's 5 week's ago 10 chick: egg's were 35/6bt now 40/5 bt seem's it's to do with the hot weather. They are saying that in a few week' s they should start to go down. The government have also tried to blame the Red shirt's according to today's BKK post.

Im rushin oot to buy some chickens pronto, bwok bwok bwok

Fortunately I live within walking distance of a real market, where it's still 32 for ten of the largest size.

Anyone puts their price up, people will just go to another stall.

Fortunately I live within walking distance of a real market, where it's still 32 for ten of the largest size.

Yes at the market yesterday small 26 baht for 10, up to largest 34 baht for 10, really cannot see any difference between the 32 baht and 34 baht size

At the local Saturday market the largest duck eggs used to be 33 baht for 10 and about a month ago there were none available.

Two weeks ago they came back at 38 baht and all the egg prices had gone up as well.

An increase of 50 satang per egg or about 16%.

Edited by billd766

Yes at the market yesterday small 26 baht for 10, up to largest 34 baht for 10, really cannot see any difference between the 32 baht and 34 baht size

Next time buy ten of each and weigh them at home and see if any significant weight difference. Just a thought.