Any Way To Remove Scratches From The Inside Of A Laminated Windshield?

I scratched the inside of my Toyota's laminated windshield taking old registration and insurance stickers off. At first I tried peeling them off. Then I used petrol/gasoline to dissolve the glue, but the stupid adhesive wouldn't come off. So then I tried a plastic scraper. Still wasn't working.

This is when the genius in me came out and realized we have a great sponge with a course side for scrubbing pots and plans.

I swear that I never knew the inside of windshields we're laminated. But I found out quickly after a few large circular scrubs over the area where the old adhesive was. The good news is that the combo of dish soap and a pot scrubber works wonders. The down side is that I have nasty hazy scratches in all up the side of my windshield.

Anybody here know of a way to get scratches like this out short of replacing the glass itself?

I know of no way to remove the scratches, you could probably reduce them by using something like furniture polish. That what we used to use on helmet visors in the old days. It reduced the size of scratches, perhaps we can call it replace larger scratches with many more smaller ones. Totally remove... No

theres are some products on the market that remove stickers and sticky residues off many surfaces. Its made from orange peel oil called D-limonene and works great, a little goes a long way. it smells like oranges and is non toxic

Providing the scratches aren't too deep, Meguiar's PlastX plastic polish will more than likely do the job.

At 560 Baht a bottle it's not cheap, but it works wonders for head/tail light lenses, LCD screens, CD/DVD/Blu-rays, and window tint. I've even used it to restore cell phone screens.. A bottle will last you several years too.

Meguiars Thailand product page: http://www.meguiars....id=5&lang_id=EN