Need A New Laptop With English Keyboard

banglay

Hello there !.

My Laptop is on it's last legs and I am looking to buy a new one.Has any one got any good advice as where I could find/buy a good quality laptop with a English keyboard .

Cheers

You mean as opposed to an American keyboard?

Likely any that they have in TukCom will be US keyboards.

You can reset the default keyboard to UK using the M$ OS but it mixes up other keys besides just swapping the £ for the $ sign.

If you just want the English keyboard to be able to type the £ sign then you can do that by using ASCII code.

If you mean English keyboard as opposed to Thai keyboard then both alphabets are usually on the keys, or you can buy stickers to put over them if having 2 sets of characters on 1 keyborad confuses you.

You can reset the default keyboard to UK using the M$ OS but it mixes up other keys besides just swapping the £ for the $ sign.

If you just want the English keyboard to be able to type the £ sign then you can do that by using ASCII code.

If you mean English keyboard as opposed to Thai keyboard then both alphabets are usually on the keys, or you can buy stickers to put over them if having 2 sets of characters on 1 keyborad confuses you.

It's more to discourage my GF from spending hour on MSN chatting the english keyboard slower her down thus detering her ...

Try the MacBook Pro. The £ sign is not immediately apparent but if you press shift and the figure 3, you get £, as I have just done. It is a bit expensive, but I have had mine for four years and never had a problem - there are even some people who are using it's predecessor and are working well. Also in the drop-down menu for languages you get the option of British, as opposed to American (English). Good luck with you hunt!

It's more to discourage my GF from spending hour on MSN chatting the english keyboard slower her down thus detering her ...

Then English alphabet stickers over the keys to hide the Thai characters would be the way to go.

Best choice of computers will be in TukCom on South Road unless you fancy a shopping trip to Bangkok.

Why not buy from England.... it's cheaper. :) If you have a friend due to arrive. You can get an 'as new' Toshiba Satellite L450-188 with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium for 12,500 baht. The Thai equivalent nay be considerably more expensive, have smaller screens, less RAM and possibly no OS other than Linux.

'as new'? Do you mean second hand?

A new computer from US would be cheaper but you've got to get one with worldwide warranty which is becoming harder with cheap computers.